Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Victor Oladipo 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Then I guess you have to decide if you want to give up those counting stats for someone with better efficiency on the wire who probably won't contribute much as Dipo does elsewhere. Again, bringing me back to his statline.

I was lucky to pick up Delon Wright and Derrick White from the wire. I like both of their season outlook but now are hurting/PPD. So holding Dipo becomes a question. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol at these clowns complaining. Are you guys dense? They had made it very clear before the season started that Dipo would be rested. If this is an issue for you and you still drafted him, and are now

i know it's the Knicks.. but...

Don't forget the fact that the Rockets gave away the chance to acquire LeVert, Allen, and more pieces then eventually Dipo to obtain Kelly Olynyk, Avery Bradley, and a 2022 1st round pick swap.

Posted Images

18 hours ago, fabrar said:

Then I guess you have to decide if you want to give up those counting stats for someone with better efficiency on the wire who probably won't contribute much as Dipo does elsewhere. Again, bringing me back to his statline.

I'm holding both Gordon and Dipo but can't drop both. Sure they might rest back 2 backs once in a while but especially Dipo gets you little bit of everything and I need his points, assists, and steals. I will be patient for him to return.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Haven’t watched him this year? Is this guy ‘s early round potential gone after the injuries? 

no will come down to his %'s

right now hes something like 20/5/5/ 2 threes 1.5 steals

those can get better with better shooting. now sitting b2b sucks

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brandayz said:

Haven’t watched him this year? Is this guy ‘s early round potential gone after the injuries? 

I think he is a month or two away from being able to do that. And that's with adequate rest days.

He is kinda forcing it right now, with drives when he isn't 100 and shots that are not good ones.  Last game he was OK... But he only shot over 40% once in Feb... And we talking avg 18 shots a game brah...

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Rockets should trade Oladipo because he'll never play well for them, he thinks that he still is an all-star, franchise player, but he isn't and to be frank never really was. The Rockets should try to avoid another harden-cancer-in-the-lockerroom type situation.

When he came to the league his calling card was being a great defender and a hard worker with some offensive limitations (talent wise).

So if he's not bustin his a$$ off every night on both ends, he won't get bye just for sheer talent.

Since the injury and the emergence of Sabonis and Brogton he was never the same, maybe the injury made him lost a step or two or/and the lack of motivation because he wasn't the Man anymore, hence the efficiency issues and the prima donna attitude.

He's best suited has a 3rd option on a contender and no way 2 years $45 million extension worth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2021 at 11:21 AM, rob0403 said:

I think he is a month or two away from being able to do that. And that's with adequate rest days.

He is kinda forcing it right now, with drives when he isn't 100 and shots that are not good ones.  Last game he was OK... But he only shot over 40% once in Feb... And we talking avg 18 shots a game brah...

He already returned last season and then had even a few more months to get ready for this season. It’s already been 2 years since his injury I don’t see what a couple more months is going to change.

Not even close to deserving a max. Even without the injury his entire value is assigned to one season. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bmkw said:

It is painful to watch Oladipo throw up brick after brick, miss layups, get blocked. Holy sh*t he is done. 

#BrokenDipo - crazy he turned down 20M+ even if only for 2 years. 

Edited by TeddieM
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BlackHole said:

 

In terms of the teams he's rumored to, which scenarios would be good/bad?

GSW is rumoured to be interested in him, which is good for his value. He's just not a #1 option and would be better as the #2 or 3 guy behind Curry and Oubre. Pretty much anywhere where he's not required to be the primary ballhandler/scorer. 

Miami would actually be a good spot for him. Riley, Spo and Jimmy will beat that bullsh*t brick city tendency out of him real quick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fabrar said:

GSW is rumoured to be interested in him, which is good for his value. He's just not a #1 option and would be better as the #2 or 3 guy behind Curry and Oubre. Pretty much anywhere where he's not required to be the primary ballhandler/scorer. 

Miami would actually be a good spot for him. Riley, Spo and Jimmy will beat that bullsh*t brick city tendency out of him real quick.

 

Good point with Miami, Jimmy would probably also force him to finally play B2B games

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brandayz said:

Chances of him getting traded before this deadline? Seems like it’s only Miami and knicks who wants to get him now

He is definitely getting traded, but not sure how rosy things are after this year.

Feels like a mini Nerlens Noel situation with him, turning down a contract. However, he has much more value than Noel did at the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Out for "personal" reasons here we go!

Looks like he's taking a night off because one of his close friends from college passed away. Not trade related but ofc he will still probably be dealt

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Out for "personal" reasons here we go!

Whether he gets traded or not, bad timing when everyone's assuming it's trade related due to how close we are to the deadline...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...