NBC Sports Edge Forums

Who to cut? Almost out of playoffs WHIR

I rolled the dice, dropped my kicker to pick up Diontae Johnson on waivers  

Help me pick who I cut to make a spot for kicker. This is disgusting but I’m on verge of missing the playoffs

pick one to drop

RBs: CMC, Hunt, Ekeler, Robinson, Sanders, Carson

WR: Thomas, Ridley, McLaurin, AJ Brown, Woods, Diontae Johnson

repeat, this is disgusting and have to win out just to get in  

5 minutes ago, kaybli said:

How are you out of the playoffs with that stacked lineup? LOL.

Anyway, I'd just drop Dionte again. Best option among the ones you've listed.

Help!: https://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/831899-brian-hill-or-benny-snell-whir/

Step 1: pick CMC, Ekeler and Thomas with first 3 picks

Step 2: have the worst luck ever playing people who have their best week of the year when you play them. 

I have by far the most points scored, but have 300 more points scored against me than other teams. Super crazy to have second most points scored for the week repeatedly and still losing multiple times.

im I’m a four way tie with team 3-6 and the other teams play cake walks through ROS. 

Edited by STEVEfromLA
5 minutes ago, STEVEfromLA said:

Step 1: pick CMC, Ekeler and Thomas with first 3 picks

Step 2: have the worst luck ever playing people who have their best week of the year when you play them. 

I have by far the most points scored, but have 300 more points scored against me than other teams. Super crazy to have second most points scored for the week repeatedly and still losing multiple times.

im I’m a four way tie with team 3-6 and the other teams play cake walks through ROS. 

LOL.

Please note I changed my mind after looking at Diontae's game logs. Cut AJ Brown instead.

3 hours ago, STEVEfromLA said:

Help me pick who I cut to make a spot for kicker. This is disgusting but I’m on verge of missing the playoffs

pick one to drop

Wow, terrible luck for you. I lean dropping Woods, then AJB. GL!

4 hours ago, STEVEfromLA said:

pick one to drop

How many teams in your league?  Why did someone drop Dionte Johnson?  Is this post a joke?

2 hours ago, STEVEfromLA said:

12 team league.  Team that dropped D Johnson chases after every shiny WW prospect and made a dumb choice. Not a joke. So I drop Woods, Diontae or AJ?

Who is your Qb/te?  

Depending on your lineup and matchup, I'd try to not drop anyone and see how the early games go, and if you're ahead big, just keep the team together another week.  That requires having a few K available for you to pick up in the late games - tuesday game.  (Can you still trade anyone?  Can you drop anyone else te/qbs?

I can't imagine dropping any of those guys.  I'm in 1st in a 12 teamer and basically all of your WR are better than all of my WR, my top WR being Fuller, DJ Moore.  

2 hours ago, STEVEfromLA said:

12 team league.  Team that dropped D Johnson chases after every shiny WW prospect and made a dumb choice. Not a joke. So I drop Woods, Diontae or AJ?

Jesus a 12 team league that stacked.  Ridiculous.  Is trade deadline done??  Honestly hate to just put any of those guys on waivers.  But if I had to I would Hunt or Johnson.  Probably throw back Johnson.  He has been awesome when he plays.  But I can speak from first time experience he has 3 or 4 games leaving in first quarter and giving you a 0. Lost 2 games because of that.  You really gonna trust him over your studs come playoffs?? I doubt it.

27 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

Who is your Qb/te?  

Depending on your lineup and matchup, I'd try to not drop anyone and see how the early games go, and if you're ahead big, just keep the team together another week.  That requires having a few K available for you to pick up in the late games - tuesday game.  (Can you still trade anyone?  Can you drop anyone else te/qbs?

I can't imagine dropping any of those guys.  I'm in 1st in a 12 teamer and basically all of your WR are better than all of my WR, my top WR being Fuller, DJ Moore.  

QB Hebert. Got lucky on waivers after Cam Newton screwed me over royally. 
TE Jonnu. Had Hayden Hurt but picked up Jonnu and dropped Hurt at the exact time Jonnu started crapping the bed and Hurst blew up. Jonnu has been pretty TD dependent. 

love your idea of waiting it out. Checked opponents schedule and they have 4 players that play Mon-Tues so I don’t think I’ll have that luxury. 

trade deadline is over. I picked up Carson and Thomas right before deadline. Had Taylor who screwed me too many times and traded someone after Taylor had big game, had Carson down, was hit by byes badly and was able to get Carson. 

Thomas picked up after the Mike Evan’s blow up games and started regretting this until he showed he can still be viable once Taysom came in. 

19 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Jesus a 12 team league that stacked.  Ridiculous.  Is trade deadline done??  Honestly hate to just put any of those guys on waivers.  But if I had to I would Hunt or Johnson.  Probably throw back Johnson.  He has been awesome when he plays.  But I can speak from first time experience he has 3 or 4 games leaving in first quarter and giving you a 0. Lost 2 games because of that.  You really gonna trust him over your studs come playoffs?? I doubt it.

Thanks!  Trade is over. I saw the injuries and think they also. It’s happened super early in those games. Have been leaning on him. Figured AJ brown has too much upside and even though Woods has been playing second fiddle in targets and had a poor QB throwing to him Id kick myself seeing him blow up for someone else. Diontae had been lights out when stays on field. Feels like he has taken over the old AB role over there and has crazy targets that’d help PPR when someone like woods can be quiet for too long in games. 

3 hours ago, STEVEfromLA said:

Thanks!  Trade is over. I saw the injuries and think they also. It’s happened super early in those games. Have been leaning on him. Figured AJ brown has too much upside and even though Woods has been playing second fiddle in targets and had a poor QB throwing to him Id kick myself seeing him blow up for someone else. Diontae had been lights out when stays on field. Feels like he has taken over the old AB role over there and has crazy targets that’d help PPR when someone like woods can be quiet for too long in games. 

Hear you.  Honestly whats your record??  IF you can afford to leave the spot blank I would and see if any injuries pop up.

3 hours ago, youngrice said:

Hear you.  Honestly whats your record??  IF you can afford to leave the spot blank I would and see if any injuries pop up.

3 hours ago, youngrice said:

7-4 and there is right at 6 way tie with 4 spots in playoffs. Waiting is Exactly what I’d prefer but since opponent has so many Mon- Tues players don’t see that I can.