NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dejounte Murray 2020-2021 Outlook

1163282362_ScreenShot2020-11-28at5_47_36PM.thumb.png.af5f7de1490536620ae15e11dfbf4af2.png

64 ADP on Yahoo. Anybody else feel that if he got consistent starter minutes he would crush that? I can actually see him crack top 50. I think this time Pop will actually give him some minutes since Forbes is gone. It's his time now.

I might have to grab him a round earlier just to get those elite steals.

Where are you guys drafting him?

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im just not a big beleiver in this guy. The steals are great, but I just dont see that next step coming that everyone else thinks is happening. He is what he is. A good solid role player, but I dont see all star type upside that many do. At his valuation in draft hes an easy pass for me, esp in roto leagues. 

• Like 1

Last year we have to remember he was on a minutes restriction due to coming back from ACL surgery, after having missed the entire 2018-2019 season due to the ACL.  He still managed an elite 1.7 steals per game in only 25 minutes of playing time.  The arrow is pointing up as the minutes restriction and rust from missing an entire season will be gone this season.  Keep in mind that that most guys don't recover physically and, more importantly, psychologically from ACL surgery until the 2nd year back from it.  

Edited by El_Chingon
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Im just not a big beleiver in this guy. The steals are great, but I just dont see that next step coming that everyone else thinks is happening. He is what he is. A good solid role player, but I dont see all star type upside that many do. At his valuation in draft hes an easy pass for me, esp in roto leagues. 

Yup,I still don't have faith to draft him in 5th-6th round as long as DDR and LMA still in spurs

Edited by kane
2 hours ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

I don't see him as an all-star. More like a high-end role player ala Covington, FVV. 

7 hours ago, apatas said:

His case is clear for me: if he plays at least 30 minutes he is borderline TOP50 player and 5th round target. But he won't.

I'm curious why you think he won't  Minutes restrictions will be completely lifted another year removed from the ACL.  And his minutes gradually ramped up last season (@ 23 in October/November, @25 in December/January, and @27 in February/March, 30+ in the bubble).  I have a hard time believing next season his minutes will go in the opposite direction, especially with Forbes out of the rotation.  

Edited by El_Chingon
  • Like 5
39 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

I'm curious why you think he won't  Minutes restrictions will be completely lifted another year removed from the ACL.  And his minutes gradually ramped up last season (@ 23 in October/November, @25 in December/January, and @27 in February/March, 30+ in the bubble).  I have a hard time believing next season his minutes will go in the opposite direction, especially with Forbes out of the rotation.  

But Derrick White? Also DeRozan will play minutes at SG, then White goes to the PG position etc. Second reason: Popovich rotation is never clear. Murray played 25,6 minutes last season, it will be 27-28 this season, I predict. Of course I forgot Mills also.

Edited by apatas
On 11/30/2020 at 1:14 PM, apatas said:

But Derrick White? Also DeRozan will play minutes at SG, then White goes to the PG position etc. Second reason: Popovich rotation is never clear. Murray played 25,6 minutes last season, it will be 27-28 this season, I predict. Of course I forgot Mills also.

There you go buddy. 
Murray bubble minutes 30

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, apatas said:

What really happens we see during season. What coach says is not a pure gold.

Yes, but it's a really good sign (⬆️ ⬆️ ⬆️) for Murray and White. 
EDIT: and it'll be to late to take them when the season starts :D 

Edited by Stefan
On 11/30/2020 at 6:14 AM, apatas said:

Pop's been playing DeRozan at SF/PF recently. PG/SG is going to Murray, White, Walker, some Patty (who sat out of the entire bubble), and possibly a smidgen of Tre Jones. The first two are a lock for ~30mins a game. Derrick's also out for the first part of the season, so keep that in mind.

Edited by xlosingmyedgex
  • Like 2

Pop said he will go small so LMA at the 5 and maybe we see a guard heavy lineup at the other 4 spots. Murray at 30 min per game is lethal but we have to be cautious it is Pop after all and his love bird Mills is still around

• Thanks 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Dejounte Murray 2020-2021 Outlook