NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kendall Hinton 2020 Outlook

Jordan23

52 minutes ago, supac720 said:

I mean how much of the playbook would he even know?  At least from a QB perspective. This guy just went from absolutely ZERO relevance to thrust into a spot start due to bizarre circumstances. This isn't even close to the Taysom Hill situation where he at least got reps in practice the whole week to prepare. Owners have to be super desperate to even consider tossing in their flex imo.

This. There's no sense in comparing him to Hill. Hill has been practicing at QB in the same system for 3-4 years and has been getting live reps in games. Hinson has been practicing at QB for days and hasn't played in a live game in a year. Sure there's some upside. He could pop off a TD run or hit on a shovel/screen. But the most likely scenario is it's gonna be ugly. I think you have to bake in at least a couple turnovers to whatever stats you get from him. FWIW Vegas has the line at -15.5 O/U 36. So that's something like a 26-10 game. 

2 minutes ago, gullit18 said:

Anyone concerned that if things don't go well they'll throw in Royce Freeman? 

Yes. Hinton is going to have a limited playbook so it makes sense they'd supplement him with some Freeman out of wildcat. I think they'll mix and match and roll with whatever works.

30 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

One is considered the GOAT by many and the other a borderline HOF.

As I said. This is not comparing Hinton to these both. But the one thing Ryan and Brady have in common is the immobility. A factor which can be a reason why NO could shut them down. That's what I was referring to. 

Edited by dorwell
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Having to run for his life is just as likely to take away points with fumbles, INTS, sacks as it is to generate points. The more I think about this the more I'm shying away. I can see throwing him in there if you have a total scrub WR3-4 type you have to start but there's so much downside to this situation

That's the risk you have to take. If you slot him in, you hope he runs forward 😉

2 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

why would they use Freeman out of the wildcat when that is basically what Hinton is currently projecting as anyway? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that Freeman was their previous gameday emergency QB, with no intention of him ever actually needing to do it

Agree. They'll just use Gordon/Lindsey out of the wildcat if they go that route. Why use Royce in that capacity at all

14 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

why would they use Freeman out of the wildcat when that is basically what Hinton is currently projecting as anyway? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that Freeman was their previous gameday emergency QB, with no intention of him ever actually needing to do it

To give a defense different looks. They're not gonna throw so have to think they're gonna get as creative/diverse as possible with the running game.

Edited by fletch44

1 minute ago, BklynBlue said:

For those that have him rostered as a WR and are planning on playing him, I would be curious to hear who you are considering benching for him?

I grabbed him in a couple 16 teamers. He is going in front of the following; Reynolds, Mims, G Davis, Mooney and Manny Sanders.

2 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

To give a defense different looks. They're not gonna throw so have to think they're gonna get as creative/diverse as possible with the running game.

ok, but with Freeman in the backfield at QB it's gonna be like a 99.9% chance it's a run. they're not gonna be fooling anyone. I'd be highly surprised if Freeman has more than 5-6 touches this game

5 minutes ago, BklynBlue said:

For those that have him rostered as a WR and are planning on playing him, I would be curious to hear who you are considering benching for him?

I removed Patrick from my line-up and inserted Hinton.

The other WRs I own are Golladay (injured/already played) and Claypool (game might not get played) so Hinton is currently getting the start instead of them.

Tee Higgins and Deebo Samuel are available, and I have thought about dropping Hinton to start one of them instead.

12 minutes ago, BklynBlue said:

I’m starting him as my 2nd flex over Hooper or Reagor. I’ll be happy with 10 points. Anything above would be fantastic 

15 hours ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

You pick him up to block others from starting him.  You have a lot of people out there who are more than willing to take advantage of this COVID situation.  Don’t be that guy, especially if you play with friends, coworkers, etc.  The short term gains aren’t worth it.

Look at Brettg57’s rating right now.  It’s 666.  Says it all, really.

I've been screwed enough by the COVID situation that I'd have zero problem starting him, if I think he'll outpoint Mike Williams in my flex. It's just business, if you can't deal you shouldn't play.

• tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic