NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kendall Hinton 2020 Outlook

Jordan23

5 minutes ago, IDGAFOS said:

Unless he gets injured he should manage 10 points minimum.  Seems reasonable for a flex spot.  Especially for people with a short bench due to COVID.

10 point minimum?  Like Brady and Ryan against the Saints?

Edited by Gabbed

2 minutes ago, IDGAFOS said:

Unless he gets injured he should manage 10 points minimum.  Seems reasonable for a flex spot.  Especially for people with a short bench due to COVID.

10 points is probably his 70th percentile game or at best his median game rather than his floor. I'm considering starting him for fun (a likely foolish decision) but I'm worried that his floor is around negative 4. Four turnovers and 20 yards on the ground and 50 yards in the air with no TDs. 

2 minutes ago, IDGAFOS said:

The dude isn't going to throw any passes further than 5 yards.  More worried about him getting injured.  

He can’t throw any pick 6 from the flat?

He can’t have the ball batted down at the line of scrimmage numerous times? Some of those falling into the defender hands?

strip sacks. It’s going to be ugly.

7 minutes ago, montgrove said:

He can’t throw any pick 6 from the flat?

He can’t have the ball batted down at the line of scrimmage numerous times? Some of those falling into the defender hands?

strip sacks. It’s going to be ugly.

If he actually drops back a decent amount I can see sacks/INTs/fumbles aplenty. If he doesn't I'm not sure where the upside is as NO stacks the box and stuffs every play. I think there's way more downside than upside here. I added yesterday because the idea of QB at flex was appealing but can't pull the trigger on this dude. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Last Rebel said:

Is he just a 1 week play, or is there a chance all these QBs are still out for next week?

If they all test positive yeah maybe. Right now they’re just out because of contact tracing. Also a chance yahoo changes his position designation if he gets another start next weekend 

I can’t imagine starting any Denver WR other than this dude, but I also can’t imagine starting this dude.  For those that have to pick Hinton or Patrick/Jeudy/Fant, I get it. Playing Hinton over AB or Pittman types, that seems very risky.  What’s his realistic ceiling? 15 points? Maybe 18-20 in an absolutely ideal scenario?  I feel like 7 pts or worse is just as likely. And if they run option plays he won’t get any points for every option pitch.  

12 minutes ago, owenmills said:

If he actually drops back a decent amount I can see sacks/INTs/fumbles aplenty. If he doesn't I'm not sure where the upside is as NO stacks the box and stuffs every play. I think there's way more downside than upside here. I added yesterday because the idea of QB at flex was appealing but can't pull the trigger on this dude. 

Same here. Can’t pull the trigger. I added him because my opponent may be desperate enough to put a QB in a WR slot.

Reports have it that he didn’t take a snap under center in weeks before getting the call. While you don’t lose the talent and instincts of playing the position, small things like fumbled snaps, ball security, reading an aggressive and exotic defense is a problem. I’m intrigued on the how the play calling will work. I’ll be intrigued watching as an observer as opposed to an owner desperate for fantasy points lol.

I’m hoping he can stay in the positive points range going into the 4th quarter then maybe he racks up some garbage time completions or rushing yards after NO Def let’s up a bit. It’s not like he will be benched for the backup, they literally have no one else. FYI the weather is good out here in Denver today, cold, but dry

Edited by Crowbar

2 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Can't be outta the realm for him to catch a few short passes on trick plays too.

spacer.png
50 yards passings, 50 yards receiving, 1 pt ppr, 6 pt td. damn. salivating, can't wait. 

would this count for 2 tds though? it should! i want all the points kendall, give me give me give me!

Edited by TroutFister
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Same here. Can’t pull the trigger. I added him because my opponent may be desperate enough to put a QB in a WR slot.

Reports have it that he didn’t take a snap under center in weeks before getting the call. While you don’t lose the talent and instincts of playing the position, small things like fumbled snaps, ball security, reading an aggressive and exotic defense is a problem. I’m intrigued on the how the play calling will work. I’ll be intrigued watching as an observer as opposed to an owner desperate for fantasy points lol.

I take back everything I said. I’m starting him. LMAO.

He’s a QB eligible at WR on a team with no backup QB option. I mean, you kind of have to.

Edited by nonstopfan

• tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic