NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kyle Rudolph 2020 Outlook

I'm not seeing a thread on him this season.  Without Thielen/Irv Smith Jr. I don't see how he doesn't have a solid game.  Anyone able to find how he's produced without Thielen in the past.  It seems like he did very well, but I'm unable to find it.

11 hours ago, mjb said:

I'm not seeing a thread on him this season.  Without Thielen/Irv Smith Jr. I don't see how he doesn't have a solid game.  Anyone able to find how he's produced without Thielen in the past.  It seems like he did very well, but I'm unable to find it.

When Thielen went down week 9 last year Rudolph proceeded to score 5 TDs in 4 games. Kind of trailed off the last 2 games before Thielen came back. Irv Smith was around during this time siphoning off 3-4 catches a game and an occasional TD.

Kyle Rudolph 2019 Game Log | Pro-Football-Reference.com (pro-football-reference.com)

• Thanks 1

Great hands. Big Target. Uses his body well to shield defenders from getting to passes. But not the fastest or most fluid route runner.

I think Cousins has to find him today with Thielen being out. Just don't know if he can get open as Carolina shouldn't have much to worry about with Bisi Johnson or Chad Beebe. 

So If I was the defensive Coordinator, I would concentrate on covering Jefferson and Rudolph.

The other question is the O-Line for the Vikings. They are not very good pass protectors. So Cousins may be running for his life.

• Thanks 1

Well, well.. 

8 targets

7 receptions/ 68 yards, just missing a TD

Not sure why he was ranked 20th.  Play him again if the situation is the same week 13.

Is he a good play this week? Thielen is back, but Irv is out again. 

I don’t think he sees the same volume as last week, but the Jags are towards the bottom of the league against TEs, so maybe a TD this week? 

Edited by jcedwards
19 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I might plug him into the FLEX spot this week...great matchup, no Irv but Thielen is returning for RZ looks. Idk, feeling a TD and some grabs for Rudolph today?

I’m feeling that as well my friend. Fire him up!