NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mitchell Robinson 2020-2021 Outlook

5 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

And you are saying that a young guy at 22 years old who has been through 6 agents already and multiple and I mean “MULTIPLE” people/insiders have stated that this guy lacks discipline, and is hard to coach can be a “franchise” player? That’s laughable. At least Noel has learned who he was by his play backing up Steven Adams with the Thunder. You really don’t like Noel who gives you high FG% a block and a steal per game while also being slightly better at shooting FT’s  you don’t like, which you are raving about for Mitch Rob? 

Mitchell has a lot more to offer NY than Noel. Noel might be 26 but he is on his way to becoming a veteran journeyman who bounced around the league. He’ll be one of those guys who always found a way to stay in the league and was productive in the minutes given to him, but was never more than a role player. Mitchell might end up the same way. But the only way for NY to find out is to let him run, play with the other young guys, and figure it out. You don’t get anything from playing Noel big minutes, I’m sorry. NY is wasting their time by doing that. That’s all I’m saying. If NY has half a brain they play Robinson a lot more than Noel. Let Noel get his little 15-20 minutes tell him knock yourself out. Give Robinson, and the other young cats, all they can handle. What do you have to lose? NY will never dig themselves out of the hole they are in by playing veteran players like they have for I don’t know how many years now. I don’t have anything personal again Noel, I just know what he is and that’s a backup. Clearly Robinson has maturity issues which will come back to get him down the road. But he’s a 22 year old kid who has the talent to be a core piece for the Knicks. They're crazy if they turn their head on him and let Thibs run wild with his veteran players. What’s the point of that?

• Like 1
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On the plus side - with thibs he might actually get 30+ minutes  On the negative side - he will probably foul out in 15 minutes 

Is this the mitchell robinson thread?

Bruh, I literally went to get a snack and he was gone.

I don't know who is starting, Noel or Robinson and I will not guess, but I am not high on MitchRob due to his specific stats. I explain:

1) Blocks. 2+ is of course elite, but I have used many seasons a strategy where I have about 2-3 1+ blockers and 5-6 0,5-1 blockers. These 7-8 players give you 20-25 blocks per week and other players add 8-10. It is enough to be competitive in this cat. I don't try to find elite blockers if they have nothing in other cats.

2) FG%. If guy has 5-6 shots per game then 70% helps you not much.

3) TO. Usually don't care because if you try to find counting stats you have sometimes to give up in TO category.

I think I said it already here, but MitchRob is not a type of player which I like.

The thing is, Noel and Robinson are the same player, except Noel has experience and a better head on his shoulders. He plays for 4 years before he hits 30. That's all NYK needs.

I have been observing Mitch Rob since first year. I even seen the videos where he hit the 3's. I find it concerning that he can't do the basic stuff and is working on shooting 3. And he isn't super talented. I would look at Jaxon Hayes and he has similar talent. Jaxon Hayes is not in the rotation forseeably either.

Normally, they would give a young guy like this playing time. Thibs has said specifically he will not do that this year. Just listen to his interview. He is closer to playing Toppin more minutes than Mitch Rob. So that's why I am out, after holding to him for so long.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

Mitchell has a lot more to offer NY than Noel. Noel might be 26 but he is on his way to becoming a veteran journeyman who bounced around the league. He’ll be one of those guys who always found a way to stay in the league and was productive in the minutes given to him, but was never more than a role player. Mitchell might end up the same way. But the only way for NY to find out is to let him run, play with the other young guys, and figure it out. You don’t get anything from playing Noel big minutes, I’m sorry. NY is wasting their time by doing that. That’s all I’m saying. If NY has half a brain they play Robinson a lot more than Noel. Let Noel get his little 15-20 minutes tell him knock yourself out. Give Robinson, and the other young cats, all they can handle. What do you have to lose? NY will never dig themselves out of the hole they are in by playing veteran players like they have for I don’t know how many years now. I don’t have anything personal again Noel, I just know what he is and that’s a backup. Clearly Robinson has maturity issues which will come back to get him down the road. But he’s a 22 year old kid who has the talent to be a core piece for the Knicks. They're crazy if they turn their head on him and let Thibs run wild with his veteran players. What’s the point of that?

So going by your logic. The starting lineup should be:

Dennis Smith Jr

RJ Barrett

Kevin Knox

Obi Toppin 

Mitchell Robinson.

The hell with Elfrid Payton, Austin Rivers, Julius Randle.

5 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

So going by your logic. The starting lineup should be:

Dennis Smith Jr

RJ Barrett

Kevin Knox

Obi Toppin 

Mitchell Robinson.

The hell with Elfrid Payton, Austin Rivers, Julius Randle.

Frank Ntilikina, RJ, DSJ, Knox, Toppin, Randle, Robinson all should be getting significant minutes, yes. Personally I’m not high on really any of these guys but I find Mitchell valuable in fantasy. He may or may not end up being a key piece for them but along with the others I listed, the only way to find out is to play them. If he plays, he’ll be productive in fantasy. It’s really that simple. That’s what I’m saying. I have no issues with Noel, he’s valuable in his own right, but my issue is you and others saying Noel is their guy for the next 5 years. He’s not. Just to make myself clear, I’m not saying Robinson is either. I agree with some of the things said about him, he’s not the most talented and he does have maturity issues. Nowhere did I say Robinson is a superstar in the making IRL. But if he gets minutes IRL, he could be a fantasy star. Anyone who blocks shots, is efficient from the field, doesn’t turn the ball over, chips in a steal and grabs rebounds is valuable. 

The New York Post is reporting that Mitchell Robinson recently fired super agent Rich Paul, who manages LeBron James and Anthony Davis, and has moved on to his sixth agent despite being in the league for just two seasons thus far.  

Damn 6th agent in 2 seasons, at some point it's not on the agent but on the player. “He’s had some really good moments, but I think he’s got a long way to go,” said Thibs. “The work part, the professionalism to continue to grow to impact winning, there’s a lot of room for growth – I think the discipline to practice well each and every day.” Blocked shots are premium but are the 2+ blocks worth it if it's gonna take late 3rd/4th round pick? His efficiency from the field is negated by his attempts (averaged only 5.6 shots last season) His rebounding is also poor for a center ~11 boards per 36 min.

Nerlens Noel said that he and Tom Thibodeau are "like a match made in heaven."

Thibs also brought up Noel, unprompted, when asked about Mitchell Robinson during today's presser, so we wouldn't necessarily lock in Robinson as the starting five-man ahead of training camp with Thibs at the helm.

Going by Thib's comments, I don't see him getting fully unleashed this upcoming season. The funny thing is Noel was kinda like Robinson in his younger years where his commitment and professionalism was questioned by teams. Position battle in camp should be interesting, team option on Robinson next season and Noel playing for his contract $$ in his prime. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Nerlens Noel's personal foul/36 rate is high higher than MitchRob's, did anyone mention that? Didn't read through all the posts...

Of course nobody mentioned that. They are all shitting on Mitch making Noel look like he's the second coming of Olajuwon.

The both can't stay on the court for 30 min, at least at the moment. If they play 24 each well, there's value for both

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, RedRaider27 said:

That’s a steal. I grabbed him at 54 in a dynasty and thought I got good value. You got me beat for sure.

He just kept dropping and dropping. Id taken Porzingis and Nurk previous picks but I couldn't leave him there 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Mitchell Robinson 2020-2021 Outlook