NBC Sports Edge Forums

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2020 Week 13

Message added by tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2020 Week 13

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 13 of the 2020 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

David Johnson if he was dropped?? Looking like he's back.

• David Johnson (concussion, injured reserve) is eligible to return for Week 13 against the Colts. 

Interim coach Romeo Crennel is apparently "hopeful" it will happen. It is not a guarantee we will get an update Wednesday, as the Texans do not have to list the practice status for players who are on injured reserve. We should get word from the assembled media, however, on whether or not Johnson takes part. Duke Johnson has failed to run with starting duties during David's absence. David would be returning to low-end RB2 status. 

SOURCE: The Athletic
    Dec 1, 2020, 5:55 PM ET

•  
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

💪Stout Scoops 🍨 RBs: White Christmas? 🎅Its James White szn time... that special time in New England when J dub flurries in the red zone and piles up mounds of fantasy glory... 🌲🎄🔔 jingle jin

Some guys just can't be handcuffed though...

This is always the week where desperate teams looking to make a final push for the playoffs may drop someone valuable. For those of us with standard waivers that don't reset, it might be better to sta

Posted Images

This is always the week where desperate teams looking to make a final push for the playoffs may drop someone valuable. For those of us with standard waivers that don't reset, it might be better to stand pat, climb up the priority list and wait to see who gets dropped.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

It’s week 13. At this stage the waiver wire finds aren’t really gonna pop up. Guys lack Zach moss are essentially droppable. 

these are the weeks you load up on Tony pollard or Mattison if there available. Besides that don’t look at wire. Your team got you to playoffs. Snell isn’t gonna make a difference.

If anything look to draft “good karma” guys like Tim Tebow, dez Bryant, or Tony romo, so they can ride your bench and get the championship they deserve but never got in their careers. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
On 12/1/2020 at 8:49 PM, vikesrube said:

I’ll be grabbing Jeff Wilson Jr where I have room in case MostHurt gets another injury.

Yes.

I'm going after guys that can help me win this week first in setting priorities tonight, but once everything clears I'll be looking to secure backups/handcuffs. For me:

* D. Foreman (D. Henry)

* J. Wilson (R. Mostert)

26 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

Is Jeff Wilson Jr. even the right handcuff once Coleman is back?

I personally think Coleman is toast and it won’t be long before he has another injury. It’s a somewhat murky backfield, but my money is on Wilson being the cuff with McKinnon in for COP duties and some Coleman sprinkled in. 

But if there are better or more clear cut cuffs available, grab them before everyone else starts forming their playoff rosters.

With D'Andre Swift struggling to clear the concussion protocol it may be worth a flier on AP or Kerryon my Wayward Son.

Don't really want to play either of them against the Bears, but Kerryon could be a serviceable flex in Week 15 against GB (plenty of negative game script and a bad run D).

Edited by MingusDew
12 hours ago, Jrt80 said:

If anything look to draft “good karma” guys like Tim Tebow, dez Bryant, or Tony romo, so they can ride your bench and get the championship they deserve but never got in their careers. 

Frank Gore!

I think Josh Reynolds needs to be rostered. 39 targets in the last 5 weeks, a season pace of 124 targets during that span. Plays the Jets and Seahawks weeks 15 &16

Perriman and Mims also need to be on rosters. Just can't decide on which one I like more. 

12 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Is Keke the #1 add?  He's the only name I see with ROS value, everyone else is a 1-2 week rental, which doesn't interest me.

That's my playoff stash/lotto ticket, yes. Unfortunately the Texans have a pretty rough ROS schedule and Deshaun Watson is not the same player when Will Fuller is out of the lineup.

This week will be interesting.

1 hour ago, JJ1223 said:

Is Keke the #1 add?  He's the only name I see with ROS value, everyone else is a 1-2 week rental, which doesn't interest me.

Him or Booker. Seems like Booker may be a one week stash but who knows. If Jacobs injury keeps him out 2-3 weeks Booker could be a fantasy playoff hero. Jacobs hasn't practiced all week so looks like he's not even close to playing this weekend

7 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

Gabriel Davis should be a longer-term pickup, too. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, mjb said:

Trace McSorley (only active QB on Balt)

You can’t be serious 

• tonycpsu locked and unpinned this topic