NBC Sports Edge Forums

Devonte' Graham 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So some misinformation being spread in here about him 'not being able to shoot' that has got to be cleared up. He shot 37.3% from deep last year, league average was 35.8%, shot 82% from the line, leag

Man do you clowns even watch games? I literally link the article so you guys can just read it since clearly watching the games are too hard. He has the highest assist to turnover ratio of qualified pl

He’s only averaging 3 less shots per game than last year wherein he hit 3.5 3PM at a 37% clip so I wouldn’t say that its a usage issue. This would be my second season rostering him and as i’ve wa

New meaningful additions to the team + another year under his belt should translate to higher efficiency at the cost of much less usage. He can probably settle at 42-44% fg with their new pieces. 

Eye test never had me thinking he was a mindless chucker, just making the most of a bad situation wherein he was the obvious offensive threat to the other team.

Should still start and provide 2+ 3PM, mid teen scoring, but assists will likely trend down to 4-5 since Hayward, Lamelo and Roz will also command touches. Helps that 2 of those 3 are willing and able passers.

I would look to him in the late-mid rounds if I want some scoring, 3s and assists.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

got him at 107 overall 

another thing worth mentioning, HE’S PLAYING FOR A CONTRACT!

would love to see charlotte go wit a super small ball line-up of:

PG GRAHAM - SG ROZIER - SF LAMELO - PF HAYWARD - C WASHINGTON                        

Edited by BykeINIT
  • Like 1

I'm predicting 15/5/3 with 2.8 threes a game and I'm expecting a slight rise in FG% to 42%.

Reasoning behind the rise in FG? In preseason he's showing increased efficiency at the basket which was a huge problem for him last year. Also playing off ball and taking drive and kick shots "should" raise FG%. The crux of all this is if he can lower the TO. I would say he'll have the ball less but he just generally doesn't take care of the ball.

If he drops to and if he raises FG, he'll be a top 80 player. The signs point in the direction of that happening and the modern day NBA makes me think he can easily keep up the offense.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Devonte' Graham 2020-2021 Outlook

He‘s still taking 14.7 Shots per game compared to last years 15, he‘s just hitting them at an even worse rate than usual, so I‘m not giving up just yet.

I‘m hoping for 15pts 6Ass and 2-3 3s.

Anyways, I have Lamelo as well so I‘m not worried 

what do you guys think about Devote?

7 hours ago, davidhammer said:

He‘s still taking 14.7 Shots per game compared to last years 15, he‘s just hitting them at an even worse rate than usual, so I‘m not giving up just yet.

I‘m hoping for 15pts 6Ass and 2-3 3s.

Anyways, I have Lamelo as well so I‘m not worried 

what do you guys think about Devote?

I'm about ready to drop...in a 14 teamer H2H where I'm punting FG most weeks.  The season is still young enough to where another waiver wire find could take off (Burks is available in my league) and I grabbed him with what was essentially the equivalent of the 9th round in our auction draft so I'm not sitting on some huge sunk cost.

If you have a handcuff with Ball that's one thing, if you just have Graham that's another.  I see him continuing to lose minutes frankly.  He was a bit of a flash in the pan until he wasn't last year and I think I was way too optimistic about him finding a role given Rozier and Ball additions.

I don't know I have to make the decision today on to drop him our not as Burks will get picked up.  Not really sure honestly.

36 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

I'm about ready to drop...in a 14 teamer H2H where I'm punting FG most weeks.  The season is still young enough to where another waiver wire find could take off (Burks is available in my league) and I grabbed him with what was essentially the equivalent of the 9th round in our auction draft so I'm not sitting on some huge sunk cost.

If you have a handcuff with Ball that's one thing, if you just have Graham that's another.  I see him continuing to lose minutes frankly.  He was a bit of a flash in the pan until he wasn't last year and I think I was way too optimistic about him finding a role given Rozier and Ball additions.

I don't know I have to make the decision today on to drop him our not as Burks will get picked up.  Not really sure honestly.

You're in a 14 team where you're punting FG% and going to drop?   That's crazy, I'm in a 12 team, not punting FG% and am holding.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, nospmoht04 said:

You're in a 14 team where you're punting FG% and going to drop?   That's crazy, I'm in a 12 team, not punting FG% and am holding.

I dropped him for Burks.  I just don't like the minutes situation.  Plus it opens up a streaming spot for me. Time will tell but I don't think Devonte will finish above 100 this year.

1 minute ago, laurilegend said:

I dropped him for Burks.  I just don't like the minutes situation.  Plus it opens up a streaming spot for me. Time will tell but I don't think Devonte will finish above 100 this year.

If you're punting FG%, he's ranked 59 while in a shooting slump.  He's averaging 34 min a game and it was a blowout last game

Edited by nospmoht04
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, nospmoht04 said:

I think he means hes punting fg% because of Devonte and not on purpose 🙂

6 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

Big mistake. Especially in a 14 team league. Good luck with that streamer spot though!