NBC Sports Edge Forums

Devonte' Graham 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So some misinformation being spread in here about him 'not being able to shoot' that has got to be cleared up. He shot 37.3% from deep last year, league average was 35.8%, shot 82% from the line, leag

Man do you clowns even watch games? I literally link the article so you guys can just read it since clearly watching the games are too hard. He has the highest assist to turnover ratio of qualified pl

He’s only averaging 3 less shots per game than last year wherein he hit 3.5 3PM at a 37% clip so I wouldn’t say that its a usage issue. This would be my second season rostering him and as i’ve wa

9 hours ago, ovofnd said:

That feeling when you have Devonte and Oubre on the team 🥲

I hope you decided to punt FG% before you drafted them.

I don't like Graham' s outlook ROS. Charlotte got two more ball handlers in Hayward  and LaMello. LaMello seems like a real deal

14 hours ago, clownsquad said:

He surely can't shoot 27% the whole year.  He is an above average shooter who happens to be in a contract year.  I still believe this man can get it going, he just needs to have ONE good shooting game and it will boost his confidence.  He looks gun shy out there, for a man that is a bomber from 3.  

Above average shooter!??!?! He shot .382 last year and shooting .274 for this year. That's a BELOW average shooter.

• Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

Above average shooter!??!?! He shot .382 last year and shooting .274 for this year. That's a BELOW average shooter.

I guarantee if this guy hadn't briefly put up top 30 numbers last year most the people here would have long moved on.  Things change.  His situation has changed with minutes and the players around him.  His skill level, now that defenses are aware of him, hasn't improved enough to get him out of this "slump" (might be just be who he is).

Faster some of you owners move on, faster you can start competing better in your league.

57 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

I guarantee if this guy hadn't briefly put up top 30 numbers last year most the people here would have long moved on.  Things change.  His situation has changed with minutes and the players around him.  His skill level, now that defenses are aware of him, hasn't improved enough to get him out of this "slump" (might be just be who he is).

Faster some of you owners move on, faster you can start competing better in your league.

Thats a great "rah rah" take. In reality, for owners in deep leagues, there is no moving on. His value is low right now, and the player pool won't provide better options.  So most owners have no choice but to hope for a change. 

Maybe he swaps roles with Ball and begins to benefit playing against backups. Maybe he goes on a hot streak (more than reasonable to expect this in a 72 game season) and does enough to qualify as sell high. Fact is, if you own him in a 16-20 team league, you have no choice but to stay put. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, tremixt said:

Thats a great "rah rah" take. In reality, for owners in deep leagues, there is no moving on. His value is low right now, and the player pool won't provide better options.  So most owners have no choice but to hope for a change. 

Maybe he swaps roles with Ball and begins to benefit playing against backups. Maybe he goes on a hot streak (more than reasonable to expect this in a 72 game season) and does enough to qualify as sell high. Fact is, if you own him in a 16-20 team league, you have no choice but to stay put. 

Even in a 14 team league, you have to stay put. His upside is higher than most scrubs on the wire. This is assuming he was drafted in a punt FG% team because if not.... then I don't wtf the managers were smoking when they drafted this dude.

Edited by stevenzhang

I was able to trade him away for Oubre. If he isn't getting assists, he doesn't have value. I would rather put my bets on Oubre developing with the warriors than messing with a team that is developing and can change its approach at anytime.

36 minutes ago, runfast said:

I was able to trade him away for Oubre. If he isn't getting assists, he doesn't have value. I would rather put my bets on Oubre developing with the warriors than messing with a team that is developing and can change its approach at anytime.

I would put my best on Oubre since he can finish at the rim. Devonte is too weak at the rim.

I haven't watched a Hornets game yet, don't really plan to. I'm curious what type of shots he's taking. Anyone watching these games? 

I like him as a player and bet he turns the shooting around. However, unless he is traded to like 2 specific teams he is not going to have the value he had last season. LeMelo will be starting over him soon and it’s clear as day. 

46 minutes ago, gladiator888 said:

If you guys think Smart is bad. This guy is far worse. He is also a volume shooter. So you will need a lot of great FG shooter to carry him. I'm done with him.

Volume shooter?  He's taking 12 shots a game.  He makes 2 more of those and hes pretty much mid 40% shooting.  Idk man, I have Smart on my team as well and am shooting 49% on the week.

I'm looking at the 2.2 threes, 6.6 assists and 1.4 steals with 1 TO.  It's 5 games into the season and he's putting out things I need so I'm cool for now.

1 hour ago, tremixt said:

I haven't watched a Hornets game yet, don't really plan to. I'm curious what type of shots he's taking. Anyone watching these games? 

At least today it looked like he got solid looks for the most part- shots he can definitely make. He doesn't really give me chucker vibes at all honestly.

The shots will fall eventually, and the dimes and steals are solid

Edited by pistachio_enthusiast

I would honestly welcome a move to the bench right now. He probably feels the pressure of Melo behind him. Looks like he's in his own head. I think he'll still get his touches (maybe more?) with the second unit. Minutes will probably stay the same, but more usage and he'll have the pressure of fighting for his job off of him. Like someone said, he's getting clean looks, nothing seems forced. If he's not knocking them down, nothings really gonna change that. A role that he knows will stick may be the change he needs.

• Like 1

Holy moly this guy singlehandedly tanked my FG all throughout this week. Like I would understand 35% to 40% but this guy shot 27%. Like 1 to 2 more games and hes gone. Lamelo should already start over this dude so I can see if he plays better coming off the bench. 

2nd unit or he's cooked .

Graham will be infinitely more confident with the ball primarily & only in his hands. 

He's been shook since draft night, when he heard the name LaMello Ball 

57 minutes ago, Brown_Mamba said:

Holy moly this guy singlehandedly tanked my FG all throughout this week. Like I would understand 35% to 40% but this guy shot 27%. Like 1 to 2 more games and hes gone. Lamelo should already start over this dude so I can see if he plays better coming off the bench. 

He was 5/28 (less than 10 shots per game) across the entire week while adding 4 threes 19 assists, 5 steals and 1 turnover.  If that is  'singlehandedly tanking your FG%' then you have bigger problems. 

Personally, so far that's 28 of my 452 FG attempts on the week.  Math shows its not as big of a deal as people are making out of it.  Look at volume and not the percentage as an end all.

• Like 2

I drafted him thinking his percentages will improve with more shotmakers around but clearly not although small sample size. Hopefully he can get back to last season numbers. He's not worth dropping imo as he does get good assists, steals, and dd.