NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brook Lopez 2020-2021 Outlook

2 minutes ago, QingJames said:

His lack of shot attempts even before the blowouts set in is deeply concerning though.

STARTERS MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS
G. AntetokounmpoPF 36 13-26 3-8 6-8 2 11 13 2 0 2 7 5 -1 35
K. MiddletonSF 38 10-20 3-8 4-4 2 12 14 8 0 0 2 2 +7 27
B. LopezC 29 3-4 1-2 0-0 2 1 3 0 0 2 0 3 +22 7
J. HolidaySG 38 10-16 1-4 4-4 2 4 6 3 2 1 3 3 -5 25
D. DiVincenzoSG 27 6-11 3-4 0-0 2 3 5 3 2 0 1 3 +4 15

You gotta see the value in this line. He's never been a sexy fantasy option but there's a great stability to his production due to the success he's had with Giannis. I owned him last year and everyone was moaning about his usage early on before his sneak value revealed itself

80% of the reason I own Brook is his elite block rate, so that's the number I'm most interested in tracking with regards to his counting stats. Of course, it would be nice to see him start hitting 3s at his 2018-19 clip..

• Like 1
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well there's a reason to be otpimisitc. The blks are there hes currently 7pts 3 reb 1.7 blks on 47 fg% the block are there which is the reason we got em for. Once he starts hitting threes I think ever

4 minutes ago, mattshhh said:
STARTERS MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS
G. AntetokounmpoPF 36 13-26 3-8 6-8 2 11 13 2 0 2 7 5 -1 35
K. MiddletonSF 38 10-20 3-8 4-4 2 12 14 8 0 0 2 2 +7 27
B. LopezC 29 3-4 1-2 0-0 2 1 3 0 0 2 0 3 +22 7
J. HolidaySG 38 10-16 1-4 4-4 2 4 6 3 2 1 3 3 -5 25
D. DiVincenzoSG 27 6-11 3-4 0-0 2 3 5 3 2 0 1 3 +4 15

You gotta see the value in this line. He's never been a sexy fantasy option but there's a great stability to his production due to the success he's had with Giannis. I owned him last year and everyone was moaning about his usage early on before his sneak value revealed itself

80% of the reason I own Brook is his elite block rate, so that's the number I'm most interested in tracking with regards to his counting stats. Of course, it would be nice to see him start hitting 3s at his 2018-19 clip..

Yes 7 points on 3 for 4 shooting 1 three 3 rebounds and 2 blocks is what BroLo is known for.

Just now, Johnnyapplebot said:

Yes 7 points on 3 for 4 shooting 1 three 3 rebounds and 2 blocks is what BroLo is known for.

Yeah that's a classic brook line, nearly the same as last 2 seasons just with a few less shot attempts, on a tiny sample size that included a blowout. Then sometimes he hits 3 triples with 4 blocks

The real question is why do i care, people do this every year in every thread for every player who hasn't had a fun line

14 minutes ago, mattshhh said:

Yeah that's a classic brook line, nearly the same as last 2 seasons just with a few less shot attempts, on a tiny sample size that included a blowout. Then sometimes he hits 3 triples with 4 blocks

The real question is why do i care, people do this every year in every thread for every player who hasn't had a fun line

I owned BroLo last season and I must admit at first I was pissed I picked him because I hadn’t owned BroLo since his Nets days where even though he couldn’t rebounds he would give you 2nd round stats but I have to say with as many trash lines he might have, he has plenty of games where he gives you 12 points on 3 threes good Ft% and 4+ blocks like you say. Any player who gives you multiple 3s with multiple blocks at the same time is very valuable since that combo is extremely rare.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

I owned BroLo last season and I must admit at first I was pissed I picked him because I hadn’t owned BroLo since his Nets days where even though he couldn’t rebounds he would give you 2nd round stats but I have to say with as many trash lines he might have, he has plenty of games where he gives you 12 points on 3 threes good Ft% and 4+ blocks like you say. Any player who gives you multiple 3s with multiple blocks at the same time is very valuable since that combo is extremely rare.

thanks for this was about to drop for boucher!

43 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

thanks for this was about to drop for boucher!

Well again just be warned there will be a weekly matchup that brook lopez plays we like he did last 2 games gives you nothing not even blocks but then there are weeks he gives you 10-15 blocks and 5-8 threes. He’s been inconsistent but total value at the end of the season is usually top 75. Still those games he gives you nothing are really annoying.

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, thrilla1nManila said:

so I guess we can write up the last three games more about how the bucks games are played rather than Brolo himself

You mean their style isn't fitting him well or the matchups? They haven't been huge spreads on the games he just looks so passive when he is in and isn't playing min. 

1 minute ago, boneyjones said:

You mean their style isn't fitting him well or the matchups? They haven't been huge spreads on the games he just looks so passive when he is in and isn't playing min. 

Well there's a reason to be otpimisitc. The blks are there hes currently 7pts 3 reb 1.7 blks on 47 fg% the block are there which is the reason we got em for. Once he starts hitting threes I think everyone will be happy again. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, SpazAB said:

no one is talking about how his production might slightly lower due to bobby portis taking so many shots?

I simply don't believe in him cracking top 80 and being boring with so many fliers on the WW (12 team league) I seen him as a drop bc of the role he is in and the changes MIL made

23 minutes ago, SpazAB said:

no one is talking about how his production might slightly lower due to bobby portis taking so many shots?

the opening night BOS game is the only normal game they have played out of the three. portis got his shots in blowouts.

the one thing that may eat into BroLo's production is Jrue is gonna be more aggressive than Bledsoe and Divicenzo will take a few more than Wesley Matthews, so Lopez is gonna have his shot attempts dip for sure.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, andy1234 said:

I never owned him in fantasy. Is he this frustrating to own? I understand where BroLo's deficiencies as a center are, but I'm worried (even after today's game) because he is one of the couple of underperforming guys I have.

He's always been very inconsistent. His value comes from 3s and blocks primarily, which can be volatile categories. I think they have even more mouths to feed this year though. Bledsoe was a fairly low usage PG. And Donte seems to have moved up on the totem pole. 

Some of you gotta start paying attention to the games, you'd see how great the team is with him. Bucks were up 50, Brook had a hot start and was rightly rested down the stretch. Was on pace for a 25+ point night if it had stayed competitive. Bucks won't blow out every game and he'll get to play 4th quarters. I'm grateful they currently only reduce his minutes in blowouts instead of load managing him like a lot of other older players these days

• Like 1