NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brook Lopez 2020-2021 Outlook

5 hours ago, G.O.B. said:

he is playing the same minutes as last year

19/20 - 26.7 mpg | 2.4 bpg

20/21 - 27.7 mpg | 1.5 bpg

There could be a chance that with Donte and jrue in the starting lineup their defense has allowed him not to have to block as many shots. So he may get lucky with a few extra blocks some games but I think overall hell be averaging less than 2 blocks a game this season

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, KingDURANTULA said:

where da blocks at my dudes , dont tell me ibaka is finna finish higher rank than brolo

Was going to snag him for the B2B coming up on Thursday/Friday but he's been a mess the past few games

1 hour ago, fabrar said:

Had to drop him in a 10 teamer. Got him for the blocks and he's barely even providing that. Just not contributing anywhere else to justify holding on. 

Did the same and dont reget it at all. Its just inconsistent. He stands in the corner all game. 

Blow out he doesnt play. Bucks are team oriented offense and he has the reputation as a decent shooter so teams have on scouting report. I think his 3pt production the last few years caught teams off guard and now opposing teams are buying into shutting down his shot. Hes just a floor space for Giannis to eat. Portis can sneak in and could be saving BroLo for the playoffs

17 minutes ago, DepressedKnicksFan said:

Did the same and dont reget it at all. Its just inconsistent. He stands in the corner all game. 

Blow out he doesnt play. Bucks are team oriented offense and he has the reputation as a decent shooter so teams have on scouting report. I think his 3pt production the last few years caught teams off guard and now opposing teams are buying into shutting down his shot. Hes just a floor space for Giannis to eat. Portis can sneak in and could be saving BroLo for the playoffs

Watched the game last night, and the Raps went small and kinda took him out of the flow. Odd, as earlier in the season he really destroyed the Raps in a game 

20 hours ago, squidthunder said:

Watched the game last night, and the Raps went small and kinda took him out of the flow. Odd, as earlier in the season he really destroyed the Raps in a game 

That's actually the opposite of odd, Raptors got torched by him previously, so they had a plan to not let it happen again

• Like 1

are we at the end here? Portis and Jrue additions seem to have changed the need for his Defense, if hes even at mid 1.5-1.7 BPG up from the current 1.3 I'm not sure how valuable that is with minimal contributions elsewhere

Hes also shooting 4% higher from 3 than last season but on fewer attempts and is still hovering around 1.5 3's per game

not ideal

13 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

are we at the end here? Portis and Jrue additions seem to have changed the need for his Defense, if hes even at mid 1.5-1.7 BPG up from the current 1.3 I'm not sure how valuable that is with minimal contributions elsewhere

Hes also shooting 4% higher from 3 than last season but on fewer attempts and is still hovering around 1.5 3's per game

not ideal

I refuse to believe that 1.3 blocks and a couple of 3s is not rosterable. Seems like people were expecting close to 2 bpg - which he was close to last year but has been disappointing on this year. But given that blocks are the hardest cat to find, I don't see how he's an outright drop unless you have Poeltl or Noel on the wire. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, fabrar said:

I refuse to believe that 1.3 blocks and a couple of 3s is not rosterable. Seems like people were expecting close to 2 bpg - which he was close to last year but has been disappointing on this year. But given that blocks are the hardest cat to find, I don't see how he's an outright drop unless you have Poeltl or Noel on the wire. 

He was at 2.4 BPG last year and 1.3 BPG now, that was most of his value, 12 teams and shallower I could def see people having him as their next drop for a hot WW add

Year before he was at 2.2 BPG and with over 2.3 3's per game as well, He's currently performing like the year he was on the Lakers and I'm not sure I see it improving

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

He was at 2.4 BPG last year and 1.3 BPG now, that was most of his value, 12 teams and shallower I could def see people having him as their next drop for a hot WW add

Year before he was at 2.2 BPG and with over 2.3 3's per game as well, He's currently performing like the year he was on the Lakers and I'm not sure I see it improving

FWIW, Marc Gasol is outperforming him the past 2 weeks in both blocks and threes. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...