NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chuma Okeke 2020-2021 Outlook

I am more looking for him to hoist shots and for Clifford to try him in different scenarios. More usage with slight bump in playing time. There's no talent to work with at all in ORL.

• Like 1
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chuma the Puma go booma 💥 Sneaky Okeke no more...  First Moses, now Chuma... i love 🏀 

Me picking up Okeke off the waivers: (At least the minutes are there)

Posted Images

3 hours ago, bballshinobi said:

He's no different than Patrick Williams and Isaac Okoro right now. He doesn't have the skill set to handle big volume of offense. Maybe we see something like 10 points and 6 rebounds with good STOCKS

Thats not that bad actually, his efficiency will suck but if he ticks up to 3 assists too & 1 three per game, thats a solid all around fantasy player for 12 team formats who dont care about efficiency numbers.

Edited by worldclass
21 minutes ago, worldclass said:

Thats not that bad actually, his efficiency will suck but if he ticks up to 3 assists too & 1 three per game, thats a solid all around fantasy player for 12 team formats who dont care about efficiency numbers.

worldclass assessment here...

• Haha 1

I've been telling you guys, it's not just about the minutes but the role. Before they wanted him to be a spot up shooter because egos (AG) and better player available. Now he has a shot at doing more. Let's hope his strong play carries on when the roster is full strength.

Chuma "better than AG" Okeke

2 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

I've been telling you guys, it's not just about the minutes but the role. Before they wanted him to be a spot up shooter because egos (AG) and better player available. Now he has a shot at doing more. Let's hope his strong play carries on when the roster is full strength.

Chuma "better than AG" Okeke

Yeah I mentioned that also, people were writing him off comparing his per 36 when AG, Vooch, and Fournier were still on the team lol. 

• Thanks 1

And just saying he's playing with these chuckers named Bacon, MCW, and Bamba. I think Bacon is minimized soon and Bamba is replaced by a better WCJ. So there are a lot of shots to go around. 

And there are literally 0 other playmakers in this team right now.

More shots are gonna be handy when his FG % regresses

Edited by rob0403

Just picked him up.

Obviously what he did in the past game and this one are not sustainable because Orlando is playing with a thoroughly depleted team right now, but maybe he’s a solid Top-100 play down the road.

I originally had this guy as my deep sleeper for this season. Lets not forget the Magic burned a mid 1st round pick on this guy knowing he would be out for the season. The opportunity is endless for him right now with 3 usage monsters gone. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

And just saying he's playing with these chuckers named Bacon, MCW, and Bamba. I think Bacon is minimized soon and Bamba is replaced by a better WCJ. So there are a lot of shots to go around. 

And there are literally 0 other playmakers in this team right now.

More shots are gonna be handy when his FG % regresses

While this is true, Clifford has a hard on for vets and even brought them up today in his presser.

So I could see Ross and OPJ chucking to their hearts’ content when ready. Not sure Hampton is a passer either.

Ultimately I grabbed Okeke hoping for some threes, boards, and defensive stats, if he doesn’t get a ton of points I’m not super bothered. But obviously I hope he continues to get a lot of looks.

Just added him. The opportunity should be there for him to produce. If it doesn't work out then whatever, it's my usual streaming spot so I'll just find someone else. But I have a good feeling. 

1 minute ago, rob0403 said:

How the hell is Bacon taking 18 shots on 33.3% shooting? Ridiculous

Can't wait for Josh Lloyd's reaction to this, Bacon is like his most hated player LOL

1 minute ago, rob0403 said:

How the hell is Bacon taking 18 shots on 33.3% shooting? Ridiculous

It's been the chuckers battle between Bacon and C.J. I knew Bacon was gonna chuck, I didn't expect Mo Bamba to take 6 threes lol

Edited by DezedandConfused
16 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

It's been the chuckers battle between Bacon and C.J. I knew Bacon was gonna chuck, I didn't expect Mo Bamba to take 6 threes lol

I just realized Clifford was Bacon's coach from Charlotte. Maybe he's his pet favorite player?

Mo Bamba is just a bonehead. He didn't realize he can't hit those 3's and just kept shooting. Probably why he never got minutes in ORL.

44 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

I just realized Clifford was Bacon's coach from Charlotte. Maybe he's his pet favorite player?

Mo Bamba is just a bonehead. He didn't realize he can't hit those 3's and just kept shooting. Probably why he never got minutes in ORL.

Yeah he was in his last season in CHA, but only played sparingly. Surprisingly Mo is shooting 32% from 3 in his career which isn't too bad for a big. He's still only 22, potential is there, but the kid just hasn't been able to stay healthy so far in his career. The next test for Okeke is when TRoss returns and possibly Otto Porter (no buyout for now).