NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Chuma Okeke 2020-2021 Outlook

SicarioSanity

4 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Isaac will only get better and absolutely he can keep it up why wouldn't he? Isaac is the franchise guy now can't wait until he is back and we get to see him along WCJ, Okeke and Fultz

Stocks tend to decline with age and he is coming off serious injury.

17 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Stocks tend to decline with age and he is coming off serious injury.

I agree with this, the ACL could cause some loss of quickness. However, ACL surgery have made many improvements over say 10 years ago. Hopefully Isaac didn't lose too much. Some of it is mental too.

1 minute ago, lanyabatt said:

Yoo hold onto this dude for dear life. Just watched him and he can ball. IQ is pretty high for a rookie. He doesn’t look aggressive enough but the talent, vision, IQ, and foot work are there. He can do it all.

I am giving him one or two more games, I love that he has the ability to do everything but it won’t mean much if he gets 5 shots a game...

52 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

I am giving him one or two more games, I love that he has the ability to do everything but it won’t mean much if he gets 5 shots a game...

Yeah... watched the whole game. And all he’s doing is either camping out or bailing someone stuck in a double team only to pass the ball to someone else... shoot the ball!!!!

He has the skill set to do so much more with scoring. But he doesn’t seem to be as aggressive for his shot as he should be. He has a similar game to Tobias Harris. All he has to do is take advantage of his opportunities and stop passing the ball...

People need to stop emphasizing points too much, Chuma contributes in every category, including stocks with efficiency on less than 2 TOs with 30+ minutes per game. He's been basically a 1-1-1 (3s/stls/blks) player the past 2 weeks. For the season, there are less than around 10 players putting up/close to 1-1-1. 

image.png.29bd8b3a9f4f788ac05b7a1427f557e6.png

Edited by DezedandConfused
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

People need to stop emphasizing points too much, Chuma contributes in every category, including stocks with efficiency on less than 2 TOs with 30+ minutes per game. He's been basically a 1-1-1 (3s/stls/blks) player the past 2 weeks. For the season, there are less than around 10 players putting up/close to 1-1-1. 

image.png.29bd8b3a9f4f788ac05b7a1427f557e6.png

Not to mention high fg% and 100% ft in 6 games...

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Racks11479 said:

Yeah... watched the whole game. And all he’s doing is either camping out or bailing someone stuck in a double team only to pass the ball to someone else... shoot the ball!!!!

He has the skill set to do so much more with scoring. But he doesn’t seem to be as aggressive for his shot as he should be. He has a similar game to Tobias Harris. All he has to do is take advantage of his opportunities and stop passing the ball...

I agree with you, he has to take a little bit more shots that right now. But his efficiency is good, don't want to wreck it with bad shots.

I was always worried he is too much a team player. These last games help him realize he is more than that I think.

Michael Carter Williams and that chucker Cole Anthony are taking usage from him. That coach in Orlando is something else. He starts scrubs like bacon and MCW. Now he’s integrating Gary Harris over RJ Hampton.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tomy said:

Rest day?! Wtf?!

he won’t play b2b ??

Man why do you keep posting silly stuff. Use google for 2 seconds and see that he is out with right hip soreness.

7 hours ago, Eltoro said:

Man why do you keep posting silly stuff. Use google for 2 seconds and see that he is out with right hip soreness.

It’s yahoo who has written this... ok thanks you :)

Any locals (twitter or whatever) have any info as to whether he plays this week.  

I need a win to make the playoffs and have to set my weekly lineup soon.  So far I've seen nothing about his status for the week.  The most recent update I see was 20 hours ago.

There are a couple of guys on the wire that might be good for a points league. But Chuma has been pretty consistent when he plays. And it looks like he doesn't have much competition for minutes if the Hip is not a multi-week problem.

Coach speak says he is day to day. But I've been burned by that before. 

12 minutes ago, jrmintz said:

Please don't take my word for it since you are in a weekly league but I was under the assumption Sunday was a rest day under the guise of a "sore hip." 

Thanks for the reply.