NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Markelle Fultz 2020-2021 Outlook

DLove

This guy should be able to continue to progress in the right direction. He showed flashes last season and now DJA is gone. Orlando drafted Cole but Fultz should get 30+ mins this year. Can he continue to turn things around? Seems tough minded, as he’s been through so much for such a young player. He’s definitely talented... maybe become an all-star some day? 

I think he will surprise people this year. There has been almost no media on him recently, which is good for him judging from all the bad stories surrounding him all his career. Finally has that chance to start with a team that doesn't have huge expectations judging his every move.

• Thanks 1

Wasn't too thrilled with him last year and had him on and off my team, but he's still very young and has a great possible potential curve.  Not just working on his physical game but the mental aspect of knowing he belongs and finally being able to execute his game on the court.

Really excited to have him as a late pick and see what kind of improvements we get from a shooting perspective as well as playmaking.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Wasn't too thrilled with him last year and had him on and off my team, but he's still very young and has a great possible potential curve.  Not just working on his physical game but the mental aspect of knowing he belongs and finally being able to execute his game on the court.

Really excited to have him as a late pick and see what kind of improvements we get from a shooting perspective as well as playmaking.

He was also quite decent against the Bucks in the playoffs

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Deixis said:

MOST SHOT ATTEMPT TONIGHT! 21 5 4 with 3pm. Looks like a steal to me at round 10, also, many fantasy basketball analyst are very high on him. hope he'll continue this high level of confidence!

I'm all in on this guy this season, so a SOLID steal for you imo. I'm targeting him in rounds 8-9 depending on my situation at that point of the draft. I'd even reach for him near 75th pick if I desperately in need for assists.

His passing has really improved and the confidence is there (that spin move was pretty sick), but if he still flings 3s like this, I'd be surprised if he averaged more than 1 3PM per game. Still a wonky looking shot.

14 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Not sure how this compares to last season but I love his aggression in attacking the basket.  Looks like he's a lot more confident with that 3 ball too.  Excited to have him this season.

Not going to lie....this guy is looking like a steal...I know it's just pre-season, but after watching him near the end of last season playing with confidence, and seeing him thus far through the pre-season, he's looking like he could potentially well out-perform his ADP of 94. 

While I won't put him too high on the pedestal, I think he could provide sneaky Top-70/80 value this season.

My EOS Stat Projection: 45.0 FG%, 74.0 FT%, 1.1 3PM, 15.2 PPG, 4.3 RPG, 6.5 APG, 1.3 STL, 0.5 BLK, 2.7 T/O

I think he'll be great for solid mid-level popcorn stats like PPG, REB, AST (15/4/6) and he'll have sneaky value in 3PM and STL. 

Regardless, he looks confident out there. And if he proves to have that 3-Point shot down, he might shoot up the ranking board. 

Edited by CORTEz

I think Markelle Fultz looks really promising as well. Did you know that Markelle Fultz is actually 1 year younger than Jonathan Isaac?

That said, I think his stats are going to be closer to like: 15 points, 5 assists, a three, about 4-5 assists with decent percentages. 

Not seeing him hitting 6.5 assists per game. Not seeing much pgs hitting 6.5 assists per game tbh aside from maybe the usual suspects, ie, Trae, Simmons, Lillard, Harden, Lowry, Paytonn, CP3, Curry, etc. 

But Markelle was never really an elite passer. Won't even hit 6 assist (average) this year imo.

Edited by Rotokilla
  • Like 1

Markelle Fultz has agreed to a three-year, $50 million extension with the Orlando Magic according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. 

Around the salary for a starter in this league Schroder, Joe Harris, LeVert. So the only thing that will hold him back in terms of fantasy is his own skills and ceiling. They should play him min for sure.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mattshhh said:

Exciting moment for him and his owners, not sure how the Magic should feel giving a 3rd best player salary to Fultz. He made strides last year so it's warranted but everyone on their team seems to be slightly overpaid..

and that is exactly what you have to do as small market team

• tonycpsu changed the title to Markelle Fultz 2020-2021 Outlook