NBC Sports Edge Forums

Super Bowl favorites

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AFC yeah, it'll be the Chiefs. big surprise, eh? now, IFIFIF ... IF they falter, there's only ONE team that can do it: Tennessee. plz don't @me with the damn Stillers ... they woul

NYG v CLE

If the Titans win the super bowl I will become somewhat insufferable to the vast majority of the board, if I'm not already.   👍

2 hours ago, Nap Time said:

KC vs GB

This is mine, I think - what a fun matchup that’d be. I could see PIT and/or NO making it too on the backs of their defenses.

I’m a bit surprised by all of the SEA picks - I think their weak D is going to be too much to overcome, especially if Dunlap’s injury is serious. The early-season Russ magic also seems to be over with at this point too.

I am not sure what the odds are, but Tennessee is a good one for the AFC. Although I think KC will be there, Vrabel could shut down that KC offense a tad. 

NFC- up for grabs. You have TB, GB, NO, LAR, SEA there. Makes you wonder if they add another playoff team, there could be a sneaky play. 

One team that would be a hard out is Minnesota. That offense is clicking and the defense should get better. 

in the end, my guess is KC vs SEA

54 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

KC is going to be some kind of dynasty. 

That everyone's gonna hate. People think they're cool now but when Mahomes goes all TB and isn't letting any other teams win SBs for a decade everyone's gonna hate them. Soon enough... Soon enough

Edited by Eaglesflyhigh11
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

That everyone's gonna hate. People think they're cool now but when Mahomes goes all TB and isn't letting any other teams win SBs for a decade everyone's gonna hate them. Soon enough... Soon enough

Yeah I like Mahomes but I know I’m eventually going to be very sick of them winning.

• Like 1

Packers over Chiefs

This is contingent upon Green Bay getting the #1 seed in the NFC, but looking at the schedule and the tiebreaker over the Saints, I think that happens.  The only team I see possibly beating them is the Titans.

If the Saints get the #1 seed, I think they go to the Super Bowl and beat the Chiefs (with Brees under center) to get revenge for a Week 15 loss to KC when Taysom was at QB.

Edited by SkinsChargersFan
KC-NO Wk15 game location correction

GB over Seattle or TB in the NFC title game, depending on seeding.

KC over PItt or Buffalo in the AFC title game, depending on seeding.

KC over GB in the Super Bowl.

This is the beginning of a legit dynasty. 

6 hours ago, Edgeraid said:

Chiefs vs Saints 

If I had to bet money this is what I'd go with. KC is head and shoulders above anybody else in the AFC, even in the entire league, frankly. I'd go Saints from the NFC because they're the most complete team right now, depending on what happens with Brees/Hill going forward. I wouldn't be surprised to see GB in there though. I think Seattle, depending on Dunlap's health, could sneak in as a dark horse if the defense continues to improve and Russ and the passing offense get back on track and the RBs get healthy (that's a lot of if's). 

I think KC wins it all in a walk. I just don't think anybody can keep up with Big Andy and Mahomes at the top of his powers with those skill position players. 

6 hours ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

You are correct. the only people who ultimately end up cheering for a dynasty after awhile are that team's fans. Be it the Bulls, the Pats, or the Warriors the rest of the fans reach a point where you're just exhausted of seeing the same team steamroll the league and want something, anything, different and new. I think as a neutral it's often more fun to cheer for the underdog or the newbie vs the incumbent. 

• Haha 1