NBC Sports Edge Forums

Super Bowl favorites

1 hour ago, yossarian said:

If I had to bet money this is what I'd go with. KC is head and shoulders above anybody else in the AFC, even in the entire league, frankly. I'd go Saints from the NFC because they're the most complete team right now, depending on what happens with Brees/Hill going forward. I wouldn't be surprised to see GB in there though. I think Seattle, depending on Dunlap's health, could sneak in as a dark horse if the defense continues to improve and Russ and the passing offense get back on track and the RBs get healthy (that's a lot of if's). 

I think KC wins it all in a walk. I just don't think anybody can keep up with Big Andy and Mahomes at the top of his powers with those skill position players. 

You are correct. the only people who ultimately end up cheering for a dynasty after awhile are that team's fans. Be it the Bulls, the Pats, or the Warriors the rest of the fans reach a point where you're just exhausted of seeing the same team steamroll the league and want something, anything, different and new. I think as a neutral it's often more fun to cheer for the underdog or the newbie vs the incumbent. 

Agreed with what you said. I'm giving the Saints a slight edge because of their defensive play the last few weeks. Assuming that holds I think that's enough to get them over the hump against Seattle or GB and assuming Brees comes back. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AFC yeah, it'll be the Chiefs. big surprise, eh? now, IFIFIF ... IF they falter, there's only ONE team that can do it: Tennessee. plz don't @me with the damn Stillers ... they woul

NYG v CLE

If the Titans win the super bowl I will become somewhat insufferable to the vast majority of the board, if I'm not already.   👍

KC vs the first seed.

The AFC is absolutely awful again minus one team compared to the NFC. Mahomes really has to compete with a 50 year old BIg Ben, Tannehill, Mayfield, Fitz/Tua, and Allen.

NFC is really tight. I would say it is a flip between Seattle, GB, and the Saints. Homefield won't help much this year but since it's a flip might as well give it to first seed. 

53 minutes ago, Andy Mick said:

Taking back my earlier prediction. I’m going KC vs NO instead of Pittsburgh. 

Steelers look like the worst 11-0 team in history.

Seems like Steelers play down to competition, but are good against good competition. 

Feel like the Steelers will be able to keep up with the Chiefs offense.

Could see Steelers v Packers. I feel like AFC is far superior to NFC this year.

4 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

its funny with the Rams they come out and look fantastic one week only to be like WTF the following

In no situation do I see the Rams putting together four games in a row, and I really don't want to see them put three together, then play like they did last week and ruin another Super Bowl. And this coming from a Rams' fan. spacer.png

I chime in with KC/NO, KC repeats

28 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Seems like Steelers play down to competition, but are good against good competition. 

Feel like the Steelers will be able to keep up with the Chiefs offense.

Could see Steelers v Packers. I feel like AFC is far superior to NFC this year.

I feel like Big Ben has one foot on a banana peel and one foot in IR. If he stays healthy I do like their chances. They don't wow you like KC but they are a good, well rounded team that can pretty much do it all. 

2 hours ago, dsrich said:

KC rolls. Would be shocked if they don’t win the super bowl by 10+.

Why is it shocking?

They’re going to be the favorite but likely only by 2-4 points against like the Seahawks or Packers. 

4 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Why is it shocking?

They’re going to be the favorite but likely only by 2-4 points against like the Seahawks or Packers. 

KC I believe would be around 5-7 vs both those teams. The offense is just so explosive. However, I wouldn’t sleep on Tennessee making a run. Henry looking like his old self and if that defense can get better, they are a sleeper. I truly believe if they add another team that will be weird. No home field advantage anywhere 

Just hand the trophy again to KC. 

Reminiscent of dynasties from the 80's and 90's. They're dominating and will so for the remaining decade.

I think most want to see KC vs. SEA. Nobody wants to see a washed Brees or possibly Taysom Hill in the SB 🤢

I think anyone (other then the East winner) that makes the playoffs in the NFC has a legit change to get to the SB with no home field advantage. I think it will just be a matter of whos hot. Nobody is picking TB and a few weeks ago they might have been the favorite. NFC is just a week to week conference. 

KC has to be the overwhelming favorite, they are going to be tough to beat. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Andy Mick said:

Taking back my earlier prediction. I’m going KC vs NO instead of Pittsburgh. 

Steelers look like the worst 11-0 team in history.

anyone know the accumulated record of the steeler opponents?

what happens if kc has to go to pittsburg for the afc final in january?