NBC Sports Edge Forums

NBA 2020-2021 COVID-19 Concerns

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy basketball.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

11 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

I’m tempted to stream a clipper, but Covid has burned me so much already haha. The game getting postponed is a scary possibility. Didn’t Marcus Morris sit out from an illness. Patient zero right there. I might have to err on the side of caution.

i clearly remember reading his last blurb and laughing out loud as it specifically said (illness, not covid)

• Haha 1
  • Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I should of known that this season was going to be a bust when Harden said “F it” I’m going to the strip club with no mask right before the season started. 

The bubble won’t happen, this is all on the players. Think about this , you have 30 teams, players coaches staff trainers, those are the close contacts, then you have the family. Family is a high risk

Posted Images

Guys, streaming clippers will that be a risk? Remember Celtics team? Started with tatum news first, then some players got covid protocols? I'm just afraid that either PG/ kawhi tested positive then contact tracing the whole team? Since the news is rather new right?

• Like 1
Just now, L3onD said:

i clearly remember reading his last blurb and laughing out loud as it specifically said (illness, not covid)

Haha that’s true. Big opportunity for him if the game(s) go on as planned.

Just now, samatz82 said:

Guys, streaming clippers will that be a risk? Remember Celtics team? Started with tatum news first, then some players got covid protocols? I'm just afraid that either PG/ kawhi tested positive then contact tracing the whole team? Since the news is rather new right?

That's my idea as well.  I have a limited number of moves per week, so I don't want to waste - not knowing if the game will happen. Lately I've been picking up streams a few mins before tip off

1 minute ago, samatz82 said:

Yeah, very tough call. My other example is JVal. He was held out initially, then the team postponed all the games following as a precaution.

1 minute ago, squidthunder said:

That's my idea as well.  I have a limited number of moves per week, so I don't want to waste - not knowing if the game will happen. Lately I've been picking up streams a few mins before tip off

Mine is a “tomorrow” stream, which is worse since I can’t fix it on the day if I mess up 

1 minute ago, squidthunder said:

Yes mine too, but few minutes before tip off sometimes potential players are gone 😂😂

Just now, samatz82 said:

Yes mine too, but few minutes before tip off sometimes potential players are gone 😂😂

Yup....I know the feeling. I can grab a dude for tomorrow as soon as games tip off tonight, but then I'm out of luck if the game is cancelled

With all these players that keep catching Covid or are stuck sitting out games due to contact tracing, its really dumb for players to take any rest days. Catching Covid or dealing with contract tracing is like catching nearly 2 weeks rest.

5 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Yeah, very tough call. My other example is JVal. He was held out initially, then the team postponed all the games following as a precaution.

True, Jval is the 2nd example after tatum case. 

I tried starting Tillman last week in a weekly league with JV out and got boned big time. If you play weekly Id stay away from clippers players and be ready for the hawks, heat, magic, and knicks to have one less game this week

Edited by stay_woke
50 minutes ago, jay_00 said:

With all these players that keep catching Covid or are stuck sitting out games due to contact tracing, its really dumb for players to take any rest days. Catching Covid or dealing with contract tracing is like catching nearly 2 weeks rest.

Kawhi and PG needed some rest days so they went out to the club after the OKC game.

2 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Wtf? Spurs just played the Wizards yesterday, not them again pls

Prepare for wizards to miss games again—I think Pelicans play them next. So, if owls don’t have enough, that’s a postponement.

Other teams in jeopardy of postponements depending on how long this goes are Celtics, Denver, and Houston