NBC Sports Edge Forums

NBA 2020-2021 COVID-19 Concerns

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy basketball.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I should of known that this season was going to be a bust when Harden said “F it” I’m going to the strip club with no mask right before the season started. 

The bubble won’t happen, this is all on the players. Think about this , you have 30 teams, players coaches staff trainers, those are the close contacts, then you have the family. Family is a high risk

Posted Images

1 hour ago, beejay6020 said:

As a Bradley Beal owner I really hope this isn’t related to the wiz 

issue with the postponement in the Spurs-Pelicans game is with a potential coronavirus exposure to a non-team member of the traveling parties of both teams in recent days.

32 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

next week wiz 2game week will now be 4games. portland and charlotte will now have 5game week

14 minutes ago, Sanjo16 said:

next week wiz 2game week will now be 4games. portland and charlotte will now have 5game week

nope those three team will have 4 games weeks. they move one of them to second half

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, L3onD said:

denver-detroit postponed

contact tracing within the pistons

utah-detroit tmrw probably postponed too

How does it get called off that close to tip off? I don’t understand how it doesn’t happen earlier.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Packerguy55 said:

ugh...Any idea who? and will this result in contact tracing with the Hornets as well. I have 4 players on my fantasy team from spurs and hornets. cant afford these missed games

No idea yet might not even be a player but a staffer. People are also assuming it's DeRozan/Lonnie Walker after Valentine's Day -_- 

“Due to a positive test within the Spurs and subsequent contact tracing, the team does not have the league-required eight available players to proceed with tomorrow’s game against the Pistons,” NBA officials said in a release.

The postponement announcement came two days after Spurs guard Quinndary Weatherspoon entered the health and safety protocols in Charlotte, N.C.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/San-Antonio-Spurs-road-trip-paused-due-to-15952325.php

The Spurs have had four players test positive for coronavirus and their next three games have been postponed.

The Hornets, who played the Spurs on Sunday, will also have their next two games postponed as they undergo contact tracing.

Fcuk this season just keeps getting worse

6 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

The Spurs have had four players test positive for coronavirus and their next three games have been postponed.

The Hornets, who played the Spurs on Sunday, will also have their next two games postponed as they undergo contact tracing.

Fcuk this season just keeps getting worse

that's a lot of games, smh

15 minutes ago, JohnnyTsunami said:

It’s crazy, you lose not just the games of the guys on those teams but whenever one of your other guys plays those teams. I think I just lost nine games for the week.

Really hope one of the four Spurs positives isn’t one of my guys... 2-3 weeks out is gonna kill me.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

It’s crazy, you lose not just the games of the guys on those teams but whenever one of your other guys plays those teams. I think I just lost nine games for the week.

Really hope one of the four Spurs positives isn’t one of my guys... 2-3 weeks out is gonna kill me.

In some cases you hope they announce who it is rather than keep it undisclosed. At least then you’d get an INJ and the ability to stream.

But about postponements, I agree. The opponent during the postponed games is like a double whammy if you have players from that team. I’ve done well to diversify my whole roster (13 guys from different teams), but even then I’m giving up 3 matches to postponements.

5 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Ya we really need them to announce who the players are. If a guy is out for 2-3 weeks and you're fighting for a playoff spot some guys are prob drops. Need to know asap really but who knows if they'll disclose all the names for privacy purposes (understandable obviously but annoying for us)

35 minutes ago, JohnnyTsunami said:

There is literally nothing that can be done either. One league we have 6 weekly moves plus 3 IL and still not enough. They should've just paused before Christmas and came up with a better plan  

• Like 1