NBC Sports Edge Forums

NBA 2020-2021 COVID-19 Concerns

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy basketball.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I should of known that this season was going to be a bust when Harden said “F it” I’m going to the strip club with no mask right before the season started. 

The bubble won’t happen, this is all on the players. Think about this , you have 30 teams, players coaches staff trainers, those are the close contacts, then you have the family. Family is a high risk

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Not covid but ouch. Luka owners down to a 1 game week IF that

ugh, luka and porzingis owner....and rozier, delon and derrick white. I'm just gonna go ahead and take the L already

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Looking like Cavs vs Nuggets taking over on Friday--added to schedule in place of the postponement. I gotta find better source, but twitter is showing it primarily.

Yea, seen that as well

Lol, my team got gutted cause of SA/CHA and then the weather postponement and their opposition players, and my opponent got a couple of extra games cause of the Denver-Cavs game being added.

Get wrecked Covid and Weather.

Edited by Apollo_87
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Apollo_87 said:

Lol, my team got gutted cause of SA/CHA and then the weather postponement and their opposition players, and my opponent got a couple of extra games cause of the Denver-Cavs game being added.

Get wrecked Covid and Weather.

Me too....my opponent just got that extra Sexton/Allen game vs Denver against me 

It's gonna all balance out eventually between teams and players I don't think a single owner in my league has NOT gotten hit by it, TBH it just brings another interesting challenge to this season and imagine if you're the team that still comes out on top. Like if you still top 2-3 in your league with a great record. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, malixx said:

ugh, luka and porzingis owner....and rozier, delon and derrick white. I'm just gonna go ahead and take the L already

This season anything can happen.  I’ve gone into weeks fully expecting to lose simply based on how many games my players are expected to miss, and then my matchup’s roster gets decimated suddenly. 

• Like 1

My thing is if there’s players that are positive, why don’t they fill those roster slots wiry G Lesguers instead of post poning

Edited by EsTiLO
9 minutes ago, EsTiLO said:

My thing is if there’s players that are positive, why don’t they fill those roster slots wiry G Lesguers instead of post poning

I read somewhere that they had proposed that to the owners who rejected the option to expand rosters even more to avoid even more potential covid breakouts 

1 hour ago, megaplayboy said:

It's gonna all balance out eventually between teams and players I don't think a single owner in my league has NOT gotten hit by it, TBH it just brings another interesting challenge to this season and imagine if you're the team that still comes out on top. Like if you still top 2-3 in your league with a great record. 

It is not going to all even out. Each situation is 100% luck based and it hitting you or your opponent harder is 100% luck based. So if you are unlucky, you are going to get hit harder than your opponent. It's like a coin flip and there's nothing saying it won't land on tails 5 times in a row.

Also, just wait until the fantasy playoffs. We will see how luck based people start to think it is then...

For the first time all season I was gonna benefit from postponed games with only losing one game (knicks player) and my opponent losing two (cleveland and detroit). Now cleveland and detroit are getting a game added but nothing for the knicks and I'm getting ****** again. Sit on a porcupine Adam Silver

26 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

I read somewhere that they had proposed that to the owners who rejected the option to expand rosters even more to avoid even more potential covid breakouts 

if they add 1 roster spot, they basically blow all their salary cap away. 

14 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

It is not going to all even out. Each situation is 100% luck based and it hitting you or your opponent harder is 100% luck based. So if you are unlucky, you are going to get hit harder than your opponent. It's like a coin flip and there's nothing saying it won't land on tails 5 times in a row.

Also, just wait until the fantasy playoffs. We will see how luck based people start to think it is then...

Seems to be the only people who got hit hard were the MPJ owners, the Durant owners, Spurs currently and the Miami Heat/Memphis players earlier. 

6 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Seems to be the only people who got hit hard were the MPJ owners, the Durant owners, Spurs currently and the Miami Heat/Memphis players earlier. 

Wizards as well.

Also I've had a few weeks where I just had random players miss games but opponent didn't. Never really had the same luck. So again, it all depends. The thing with fantasy basketball is you can't replace players for games. In fantasy football if you have a guy out to something like COVID sure your backup may be worse but it's still a backup. Here you are just eating 0s. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Jrue Holiday owners right now as well, there's probably couple more we're missing. Also, this is with the combination of injuries, maintenance days, and the specific date a game is rescheduled to. For example, say that the rescheduled game is on a full slate of games already or it falls on a b2b for a certain team, regardless owners will lose games no matter what even on rescheduled games. Another fantasy impact is gonna depend on how many players you have on the same team. I think now more than any other season league, having diversity is more important because less chance of having multiple players out in the same day.