NBC Sports Edge Forums

NBA 2020-2021 COVID-19 Concerns

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy basketball.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I thought this might happen and purposely avoided players that are known frequenters of strip club establishments. 

They laughed then. 

No one's laughing now. 

I should have reached for family man LeBron this year...darn 🤣

3e07ea1f882ef86675335e7c31596f0b.png

Edited by My Dinner With Andre
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I should of known that this season was going to be a bust when Harden said “F it” I’m going to the strip club with no mask right before the season started. 

The bubble won’t happen, this is all on the players. Think about this , you have 30 teams, players coaches staff trainers, those are the close contacts, then you have the family. Family is a high risk

Posted Images

NBA is saying a 7 day quarantine for Boogie and John Wall... had to start boogie this week since capela's bum a** is already injured, jesus christ man.

If they are returning negative tests then why a 7 day quarantine? Sounds pretty ridiculous to me

3 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

NBA is saying a 7 day quarantine for Boogie and John Wall... had to start boogie this week since capela's bum a** is already injured, jesus christ man.

If they are returning negative tests then why a 7 day quarantine? Sounds pretty ridiculous to me

Because they haven't figured it out yet. 

You'd think they learned a bit from NFL, but it's like the decision makers were all in a bubble themselves and not paying attention. 

This will probably change within 3-4 weeks to basically a 3 day quarantine or 2 consecutive negative tests. 

At the current rate you could have multiple 7 day quarantines for a player that still hasn't contracted COVID-19. 

With each 7 day Q being roughly 3 games and reduced total games on the season, this could absolutely add up quick. 

Hopefully NBA won't BS up until tip off and yahoo will make these guys INJ slot eligible with enough time to react throughout the season. 

1 hour ago, stay_woke said:

OR Harden had a fight with Wall and Cousins and the Rockets are using this as an excuse to separate them for 7 days while looking for a Harden trade. Stay_Woke -_-

On 12/24/2020 at 12:18 AM, laurilegend said:

New strategy this year is don't have too many guys on one team I guess. 

That was my first priority. 

Guys, the covid thing hit football pretty hard (Tennessee) and imo it will hit the NBA even harder. We will have many situations like this over the season. 

Hopefully yahoo can quickly figure out when to put in the right designation. Wahl is O and not eligible for IR, that's pretty stupid. 

6 hours ago, kev777zero said:

Is there somewhere we can petition for INJ tags for folks missing 3 or more games due to COVID or quarantine? If yahoo doesn't act fast this will be a pointless fantasy season

Yahoo has this already. No problem in football. First minute you are out because of covid (close contact or covid infection) you get the tag and you're IR eligible. 

1 minute ago, dorwell said:

Yahoo has this already. No problem in football. First minute you are out because of covid (close contact or covid infection) you get the tag and you're IR eligible. 

Not yet in basketball I assume, all the Houston players affected are listed as out when it is known they will be quarantined for a week or longer.

3 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Not yet in basketball I assume, all the Houston players affected are listed as out when it is known they will be quarantined for a week or longer.

Straight up stupid from yahoo. Basketball will have even more cases of Covid then the NFL so why not just take over the same system here? 

• tonycpsu changed the title to NBA 2020-2021 COVID-19 Concerns
2 minutes ago, gymchamp said:

I don't understand why yahoo still doesn't have inj tags for these covid related guys?!! (Wall, Cousins etc.) Not doing so will make the season borderline unplayable when other players/teams test positive as we go

They aren’t injured they are n/a until they pass a COVID test.

23 hours ago, dorwell said:

23 hours ago, dorwell said:

Straight up stupid from yahoo. Basketball will have even more cases of Covid then the NFL so why not just take over the same system here? 

1 hour ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

They aren’t injured they are n/a until they pass a COVID test.

Yes they are not technically injured but as people above in the discussion pointed out NFL fantasy is making players available for IL immediately if it's covid related. Obviously this makes sense to do and not doing so will make the season very difficult to play when entire teams are forced to quarantine down the road.

How are other commissioners addressing this in their leagues? If yahoo won't give an INJ tag to players in a timely manner when it's obvious they are out due to covid is anyone moving players to IL themselves to allow pickups? (logistically difficult since the commish would have to be awake and do it manually which would take time) or giving extra roster spots for pickups?

2 hours ago, gymchamp said:

I don't understand why yahoo still doesn't have inj tags for these covid related guys?!! (Wall, Cousins etc.) Not doing so will make the season borderline unplayable when other players/teams test positive as we go

It's probably because Wall and Cousins are just being quarantined from contact tracing while not testing positive for it. 

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/206157-fantasy-basketball/suggestions/42133960-covid-il

Found this thread yesterday that was made in early December, not sure how long it has been under review though. Vote/Comment on the thread to bump it up. 

• Like 1