Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

NBA 2020-2021 COVID-19 Concerns


Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy basketball.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, overtime2000 said:

So whats actually happening with these postponed games?

Will they be played at a later date? Or are they just gone?

 

I don't think they even know at this point, maybe they use the all star break to catch up on these games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I should of known that this season was going to be a bust when Harden said “F it” I’m going to the strip club with no mask right before the season started. 

The bubble won’t happen, this is all on the players. Think about this , you have 30 teams, players coaches staff trainers, those are the close contacts, then you have the family. Family is a high risk

Posted Images

No need to guess. It was reported when the season start date was set that the first half scheduling was made cement up to March 4th. The second half hasn't been ironed out yet specifically to account for postponed games. They will be fit into the second half schedule.

 

The issue of course is that our fantasy schedules differ from real life. So many teams might be out of contention or heavy underdogs if postponements continue at this pace.

Edited by mcflywalker
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Hi
does anyone know is saturday game Phoenix VS Indiana at risk of being postponed, because Suns friday game against GSW is cancelled.

Tnx 

you can bet

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, what a new challenge. Weds night I had eight players of 16 on my roster PPD due to Covid. Three INJ. I had five healthy bodies, and luckily all of them played.  WTH I cry uncle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

How does one even do contact tracing? Do they have 1 on 1 interviews of where they went that day?

that part too

plus jones said everyone on phx is healthy and negative currently so the only real contact tracing issue is that they played the wizards on monday

how come zion gets cleared in less than 48hrs and some of these others take like a week to get cleared, **** is really confusing 

Edited by L3onD
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, L3onD said:

how long does contact tracing even last? 

 

Seems like it ranges from a few days or a week at most -  look at the bulk of Sixers players as an example.

But then Embiid was back sooner who was right next to Seth so who the hell really knows at this point, lmao.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, L3onD said:

that part too

plus jones said everyone on phx is healthy and negative currently so the only real contact tracing issue is that they played the wizards on monday

how come zion gets cleared in less than 48hrs and some of these others take like a week to get cleared, **** is really confusing 

Zion = $$$ for NBA

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, srb said:

He was out because he had an inconclusive test. He’s tested negative now so is cleared. 

Ok what about players like Tobias who had to sit out for a week, while Simmons/Embiid were cleared to play. Wasn't Embiid sitting on the same bench as Tobias when Seth was found positive?

Edited by DezedandConfused
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Ok what about players like Tobias who had to sit out for a week, while Simmons/Embiid were cleared to play. 

I mean I don’t claim to know every detail of the protocol, just passing on that it was widely reported Zion had an inconclusive test result not long before the game start time. 
 

I assume Tobias was deemed to have a higher risk contact than Embiid or Simmons. I agree it would be nice if protocol was clarified. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, srb said:

I mean I don’t claim to know every detail of the protocol, just passing on that it was widely reported Zion had an inconclusive test result not long before the game start time. 
 

I assume Tobias was deemed to have a higher risk contact than Embiid or Simmons. I agree it would be nice if protocol was clarified. 

Curry, who sat out Thursday's game with left ankle soreness, spent the first quarter on the bench before the Sixers were made aware of a positive test, sources said. He was wearing a mask and was seated next to assistant coach Sam Cassell and center Joel Embiid.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30671462/philadelphia-76ers-seth-curry-tests-positive-coronavirus-sources-say

Yeah the NBA knows what they're doing

Edited by DezedandConfused
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Curry, who sat out Thursday's game with left ankle soreness, spent the first quarter on the bench before the Sixers were made aware of a positive test, sources said. He was wearing a mask and was seated next to assistant coach Sam Cassell and center Joel Embiid.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30671462/philadelphia-76ers-seth-curry-tests-positive-coronavirus-sources-say

Yeah the NBA knows what they're doing

Explain this for me @Bugs bunny how is Embiid able to play before players like Tobias, Shake when Embiid was sitting next to Seth.  🤔 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Explain this for me @Bugs bunny how is Embiid able to play before players like Tobias, Shake when Embiid was sitting next to Seth.  🤔 

Because he apparently must have went through multiple negative test protocols to be eligible to return. Plus I’d imagine they were satisfied on the contact tracing of him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bugs bunny said:

Because he apparently must have went through multiple negative test protocols to be eligible to return. Plus I’d imagine they were satisfied on the contact tracing of him. 

Yeah I'm not sure about that, it's a gray area. The aforementioned tested negative also but they had to sit out for a week. I don't know how much closer you can get for "contact tracing" than sitting next to the guy who tested positive but ok.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...