Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ja Morant 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

5 minute video to say the time of recovery depends on the severity of the injury.  You're welcome.

You think meybe this weekend? 🤔

Found a doctor this time 

I think Tyus Jones will be worth owning in 12 team leagues. Some thing similar has happened before when he was thrust into a starting role. The upside is there for sure since he's elite at steals. I also wouldn't over look Melton either who probably has more upside but COVID may slow his roll atm. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Austin_Rivers said:

I think Tyus Jones will be worth owning in 12 team leagues. Some thing similar has happened before when he was thrust into a starting role. The upside is there for sure since he's elite at steals. I also wouldn't over look Melton either who probably has more upside but COVID may slow his roll atm. 

Please no, we don't need Rotoworld getting any more per 36 boners over this guy

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Austin_Rivers said:

I think Tyus Jones will be worth owning in 12 team leagues. Some thing similar has happened before when he was thrust into a starting role. The upside is there for sure since he's elite at steals. I also wouldn't over look Melton either who probably has more upside but COVID may slow his roll atm. 

 

I mean Tyus jumps into the 20 min range but is that really worth it? In that time last year he'd put up 10 points 5 assists barely any FTs or 3s. He is a steals machine but theres better players floating around. They'll spread the minutes around between a bunch of guys, & nobody benefits (other than Slo Mo)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, worldclass said:

 

I mean Tyus jumps into the 20 min range but is that really worth it? In that time last year he'd put up 10 points 5 assists barely any FTs or 3s. He is a steals machine but theres better players floating around. They'll spread the minutes around between a bunch of guys, & nobody benefits (other than Slo Mo)

He'll be serviceable but not a must own. I mean even if he gets 1.5 to 1.7 steals that's considered elite. Melton on the other hand can prob get 2 steals a game if given the playing time. Melton is also a combo guard so he wouldn't necessarily play PG only. He played 25 mins in his first game as well. They paid him to play right? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Austin_Rivers said:

He'll be serviceable but not a must own. I mean even if he gets 1.5 to 1.7 steals that's considered elite. Melton on the other hand can prob get 2 steals a game if given the playing time. Melton is also a combo guard so he wouldn't necessarily play PG only. He played 25 mins in his first game as well. They paid him to play right? 

 

Normally they pay players to win, they could pay you or me to play. If the steals are a need then Tyus is the guy, he just can't shoot 

Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO Melton is the grab here, just have to hope he gets cleared to play sooner than later.  Melton had more minutes than Ty and Bane in the 1st game so I’d imagine he’s in for 25+ minutes if Ja misses significant time

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, worldclass said:

 

Normally they pay players to win, they could pay you or me to play. If the steals are a need then Tyus is the guy, he just can't shoot 

Like I said Tyus would be serviceable at best. I didn't say must start or must own. Owners may be grabbing Tyus right now but i believe Melton will be the better player to own starting or not. 

Edited by Austin_Rivers
Spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...