Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ja Morant 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

5 minute video to say the time of recovery depends on the severity of the injury.  You're welcome.

You think meybe this weekend? 🤔

Found a doctor this time 

4 minutes ago, Austin_Rivers said:

Like I said Tyus would be serviceable at best. I didn't say must start or must own. Owners may be grabbing Tyus right now but i believe Melton will be the better player to own starting or not. 

 

Maybe, Winslow too coming back soon, although I'd bet Morant is back before Winslow ever takes the court again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, worldclass said:

 

Maybe, Winslow too coming back soon, although I'd bet Morant is back before Winslow ever takes the court again. 

Yeah i wouldn't touch Winslow. People forget he was a nightmare in efficiency but without the Westbrook like stats. Anderson will get a boost as well but I'm sure hes already owned in many leagues. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2020 at 9:55 PM, RunCMC said:

 

Ja + streamer >>>>> Vanvleet & Sexton

Not even close. 

We haven’t even scratched the surface of this kid’s potential.

 

You sure about that now? What makes it more funny is you wrote "not even close". lmao

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2020 at 8:56 AM, Wise guy said:

Keep convincing yourself that vavleet is a better option... lmao 


You rookies need to learn not to get too excited after ONE game lmao

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jay_00 said:


You rookies need to learn not to get too excited after ONE game lmao

 

You're a clown.

Ja's been injured and you wait 2 weeks to respond.

Blocked

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jay_00 said:


You rookies need to learn not to get too excited after ONE game lmao

 

This guy really came here to say he was right about performance after a guy w no injury history got hurt?  Really bad look for this forum  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jay_00 said:


You rookies need to learn not to get too excited after ONE game lmao

What the f is your point in posting this? Ja's the franchise of that team and he was exceeding many so-called pundits' expectations. The play he got injured on was just unfortunate. Anyone who's played ball knows that. Let's see you talk crap in about 3 more weeks. Don't block this troll, I wanna see what he has to say when Ja returns to court.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SportsBrain said:

 

This guy really came here to say he was right about performance after a guy w no injury history got hurt?  Really bad look for this forum  


Its not about Ja genius, it's more about VanVleet. He treid to clown me for picking VanVleet when clearly it was a smart move. Look at what he's been doing. Once Ja comes back will he do what Vanvleet does for the entirety of a season? Vanvleet at least has a track record of this. He was top 20 majority of last season.
 

3 hours ago, droselicious said:

What the f is your point in posting this? Ja's the franchise of that team and he was exceeding many so-called pundits' expectations. The play he got injured on was just unfortunate. Anyone who's played ball knows that. Let's see you talk crap in about 3 more weeks. Don't block this troll, I wanna see what he has to say when Ja returns to court.


I'm the troll now? Go back and read. He tried to clown me for picking the clear better player at a cheaper price after just 1 game. Yes Ja got injured, but you really think he was going to a be a 1st round guy? Heck Ja was having an awful game before he got injured with more turnovers than assists and his first bad fg% game. It was only the 2nd quarter, but he already had 4 turnovers. His value was so high this early because he wasn't turning it over. He likely would have ended up with 6 that game. Vanvleet on the other hand has a better chance of 2nd round value since he has a track record of it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RunCMC said:

 

You're a clown.

Ja's been injured and you wait 2 weeks to respond.

Blocked


Someone's mad lmao. This man tried to troll me for picking VanVleet and Sexton for the price of Ja after ONE game, and they've ended up killing it every game since. Don't dish it out if you can't take it, especially after ONE game. Some people need to grow a pair.

Link to post
Share on other sites

During their last game, he was on the sidelines with no boot (at least that's what it looked like) and walking around. He even ran around a little bit after one of his teammates made a play. Hopefully he's on the shorter end of the 3-5 week timetable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jay_00 said:


You rookies need to learn not to get too excited after ONE game lmao

Are you really trolling after an injury. VanVleet is having a good year, he's a good player.

Ja is a better player, with no injury he was going to have a better season. They're honestly not close in real life. In fantasy I can see an argument for it being close but Ja isstill better. You coming back after an injury to say this is whack though, I won't be in Fred's thread if he sprains his ankle talking crap. Injuries suck for sports, don't celebrate it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, greatestmetfan said:

Are you really trolling after an injury. VanVleet is having a good year, he's a good player.

Ja is a better player, with no injury he was going to have a better season. They're honestly not close in real life. In fantasy I can see an argument for it being close but Ja isstill better. You coming back after an injury to say this is whack though, I won't be in Fred's thread if he sprains his ankle talking crap. Injuries suck for sports, don't celebrate it.


Jesus, you are really missing the point. First off we're very clearly only talking fantasy here, so let's stick the topic. Second, where do you see me celebrating Ja getting injured? Show me that please. I'm here celebrating be right about Vanvleet and Sexton being the better option. It's not because Ja got injured, its because they're out there killing it. The point here is he was talking trash about VANVLEET, and he will possibly be a top 20 player. Morant very, very likely will fail to crack that. He doesn't steal the ball, doesn't hit enough threes, and turns the ball over too much to keep him in the top 20. Even without the injury he would clearly not make the top 20.

You think averaging 25 and 10 on 50 fg% will make him a top 20 player alone? Trae averaged almost 30 and 10 with 3.4 threes and a great ft% in his 2nd season and yet he BARELY cracked the top 20. Doncic averaged a near triple double with nearly 30 points in his 2nd season and failed to crack the top 25. Clearly it wall take more than the popcorn stats to make the top 20.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jay_00 said:


Jesus, you are really missing the point. First off we're very clearly only talking fantasy here, so let's stick the topic. Second, where do you see me celebrating Ja getting injured? Show me that please. I'm here celebrating be right about Vanvleet and Sexton being the better option. It's not because Ja got injured, its because they're out there killing it. The point here is he was talking trash about VANVLEET, and he will possibly be a top 20 player. Morant very, very likely will fail to crack that. He doesn't steal the ball, doesn't hit enough threes, and turns the ball over too much to keep him in the top 20. Even without the injury he would clearly not make the top 20.

You think averaging 25 and 10 on 50 fg% will make him a top 20 player alone? Trae averaged almost 30 and 10 with 3.4 threes and a great ft% in his 2nd season and yet he BARELY cracked the top 20. Doncic averaged a near triple double with nearly 30 points in his 2nd season and failed to crack the top 25. Clearly it wall take more than the popcorn stats to make the top 20.

 

So take it to the AC Forum. You said it yourself - "let's stick to the topic." So do that, and stop antagonizing everyone.

VanVleet and Sexton - and your trade no one cares about - have nothing to do with Morant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, OriolesMagic said:

 

So take it to the AC Forum. You said it yourself - "let's stick to the topic." So do that, and stop antagonizing everyone.

VanVleet and Sexton - and your trade no one cares about - have nothing to do with Morant.


Clearly you can't read since no one ever mentioned a trade. But when someone else starts to go off topic by talking trash, mentioning other players, and tagging me, I'm not allowed to respond? That's not how that works. If someone wants to dish it, they better prepared to take it.

Unlike them I at least waited a couple weeks for the players to play more before I responded.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jay_00 said:


Clearly you can't read since no one ever mentioned a trade. But when someone else starts to go off topic by talking trash, mentioning other players, and tagging me, I'm not allowed to respond? That's not how that works. If someone wants to dish it, they better prepared to take it.

Unlike them I at least waited a couple weeks for the players to play more before I responded.

 

All I've seen are a bunch of posts with you being a dick and talking about VanVleet and Sexton. I don't care about whether it was a trade, you've been posting incessantly about that those players. Stop it. And quit being a dick to everyone.

Come back at the end of the season and then you can say you were right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OriolesMagic said:

 

All I've seen are a bunch of posts with you being a dick and talking about VanVleet and Sexton. I don't care about whether it was a trade, you've been posting incessantly about that those players. Stop it. And quit being a dick to everyone.

Come back at the end of the season and then you can say you were right.


I literally responded to the two people that were talking trash after 1 game. Other people chimed in without reading anything at all (like you) to what I responded to. Am I not allowed to respond to them? If not, then based on your actions, why don't YOU go tag them and tell them to stop antagonizing people after 1 game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...