Myles Turner 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey! No matter what....Donut. Give. Up!

He is still a very useful player to own, I think. There are almost no shot blockers, and ones who don't hurt you in FT%? Plus get 3's? And he is not just a shot blocker, he is one of the best.

Don't go wishing for a players injuries. Especially not when the guy you're betting on misses even more games each year.

Posted Images

Looking at mock drafts I did, he's disappearing between the 5th-6th rounds and could easily be pure value in a new uptempo pace. The more I read about it, the more I'm liking Indiana's low key drafts who left a somewhat "bleh" taste in people's lineups from last year (Turner & Brogdon).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

Looking at mock drafts I did, he's disappearing between the 5th-6th rounds and could easily be pure value in a new uptempo pace. The more I read about it, the more I'm liking Indiana's low key drafts who left a somewhat "bleh" taste in people's lineups from last year (Turner & Brogdon).

Me too i think Brogdon, Turner and even Oladipo will be steals and im targeting Brogdon and Turner later rounds they have fallen in every mock i have done

Frustrating to own. I think he really needs a change of scenery. Still could be fantasy gold if he put it all together. I remember his opening night a few years ago and I thought to myself, this kid is gonna be great. Hasn’t happened yet but the talent is obviously there.

I remind you also that almost every year Turner has been worse than expected. OK, maybe this season expectations have reduced and now he exceeds expectations, but I think we can't hope better than 5th round value, more likely 6th round value.

I will also say that people shouldn't go out of their way & reach for him (I've been burned by him for 2 years in a row as well) but the new coach & system that we are being led to believe will be implemented has been particularly friendly for bigs in the system. The way I see it, taking a shot on Turner in the 6th round is a safer bet than going after someone like Thomas Bryant in the later rounds.

5 hours ago, kane said:

He is basically Brook Lopez with more blocks and less 3s

I think if you approach drafting Turner this way, you'd be setting yourself up with more realistic expectations. 6th round is fair for him (I've seen Brook drop to the 9th). 

• Like 2

Grabbed him in the 5th round. Hope I didn't reach too much though lol. Hoping a new coach and playstyle will help him in scoring and rebounding a bit more. I'm not too worried about the blocks as those have always been there

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, rotojoe said:

He is still a very useful player to own, I think. There are almost no shot blockers, and ones who don't hurt you in FT%? Plus get 3's? And he is not just a shot blocker, he is one of the best.

JJJ,Brook Lopez

1 hour ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Y’all do realize that he was a 3rd rounder in 2018-2019, he was a value pick that season after doing crap the season before. The only issue now is that he’s playing power forward next to sabonis

Yeah Sabonis eats his lunch on the glass and in the paint. He needs a change of scenery to really reach his fantasy potential. 

I a

2 hours ago, CuredMeats said:

Yeah Sabonis eats his lunch on the glass and in the paint. He needs a change of scenery to really reach his fantasy potential. 

I agree with these points but I’m intrigued by the notion that they are going to play faster and shoot more threes.  I also don’t see much in the way of minutes competition. Resulting marginal increases in counting stats could return him to reasonable value, no?