NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ito Smith 2020 Outlook

On 12/8/2020 at 8:41 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

hard to judge how one should proceed given this disclosure 

I am still deliberating myself, he was limited at practice again today fyi...they are calling it a neck injury, not head too.

2 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I am still deliberating myself, he was limited at practice again today fyi...they are calling it a neck injury, not head too.

looks like tomorrow's practice report will divulge the scoop/start verdict - neck injuries are no joke, so i think we need to brace for the worst. 

From CBS:

Smith (neck) doesn't have a designation on the final injury report for Sunday's game against the Chargers, William McFadden of the Falcons' official site reports.

Smith is fine to play after a full practice Friday, but he probably won't see many touches now that Todd Gurley's knee is feeling better. Smith took 20 carries for 101 yards and a touchdown over the past two games, adding five catches for eight yards on seven targets. It's possible he works ahead of Brian Hill off the bench this week.

Does anyone (or any ATL fans) know Ito's potential for next season, dynasty purposes?

I don't have any idea who this dude is. I guess there's a reason why he was 3rd on the depth chart? Though we've seen plenty of others in this situation learn the ropes and take over a backfield.

3 minutes ago, leebattle said:

Does anyone (or any ATL fans) know Ito's potential for next season, dynasty purposes?

I don't have any idea who this dude is. I guess there's a reason why he was 3rd on the depth chart? Though we've seen plenty of others in this situation learn the ropes and take over a backfield.

"Judge" Ito Smith has been with the Falcons for 3 years now, and has always been a backup.

He's had one game in that period with more than 50% snaps played (51% to be precise) which should tell you enough about his status. His up isn't bad, but they clearly don't want to give him the keys, and next year he'll be 26, so for Dynasty purposes... Nah.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2020 at 11:44 PM, Boudewijn said:

"Judge" Ito Smith has been with the Falcons for 3 years now, and has always been a backup.

He's had one game in that period with more than 50% snaps played (51% to be precise) which should tell you enough about his status. His up isn't bad, but they clearly don't want to give him the keys, and next year he'll be 26, so for Dynasty purposes... Nah.

Eh yeah. And then they did give him the keys.

lnzVeUU.gif

• Haha 2
19 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Verdict is in, he can be a solid PPR RB2/FLEX this week...Gurley is dust and Hill plainly stinks. Ito could get a ton of passing game work this week.

Or he could get virtually none like last week. Matty throws for 350, ATL scores 31 points and Judge Ito has 2 catches and 6 carries. He's a body for teams with a gaping hole in their lineup though

• Like 1