NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kawhi Leonard 2020-2021 Outlook

CORTEz

9 minutes ago, mattshhh said:

Clips down 50 at half 👀 perhaps this will help limit claw's load managing in the early going..

Lue Cavs GIF - Lue Cavs Towel GIFs

Yeah because this guy has more power than Kawhi on that team lol and Kawhi is actually injured this time. Load management is here to stay in the NBA whether we like it or not.

Edited by DezedandConfused

Just now, DezedandConfused said:

Lue Cavs GIF - Lue Cavs Towel GIFs

Yeah because this guy has more power than Kawhi on that team lol and Kawhi is actually injured this time. Load management is here to stay in the NBA whether we like it or not.

I said limit not get rid of. He missed 15 games last season and was a 10th pick value, this is a legit but seemingly short term injury so i'm waiting until he gets healthy dnp's or a leg injury before worrying about his fantasy outlook. As i've mentioned, his adp dropped significantly because he has the ultimate load managing reputation, yet last year he managed 1st round value during a deliberately managed season. More stars than usual are destined for rest after the short offseason and condensed sched which further reduces the singularity of kawhi's position. I bet lebron or AD for example gets more healthy dnp's given their uniquely comfortable situation, and they were no question 1st rounders for everyone

2 minutes ago, mattshhh said:

I said limit not get rid of. He missed 15 games last season and was a 10th pick value, this is a legit but seemingly short term injury so i'm waiting until he gets healthy dnp's or a leg injury before worrying about his fantasy outlook. As i've mentioned, his adp dropped significantly because he has the ultimate load managing reputation, yet last year he managed 1st round value during a deliberately managed season. More stars than usual are destined for rest after the short offseason and condensed sched which further reduces the singularity of kawhi's position. I bet lebron or AD for example gets more healthy dnp's given their uniquely comfortable situation, and they were no question 1st rounders for everyone

Yeah I understand and never said anything about his value not being 1st round on per game averages. I'm just saying B2B DNPs will still be the norm for Kawhi and probably many star players this season.  Just in today's case I'm saying it wasn't because of load management, it's from his mouth injury. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

How? He got hit in the mouth?

Referring to future games when he'll presumably get healthy rest days. The clips not being in cruise control w/o him on the court would be good for his value as it pressures the team to keep its foot on the gas throughout the season

Just now, My Dinner With Andre said:

I don’t get it, did he test his mouth by chewing some gum or something? How was he “downgraded”.

Well he does have stitches in a sensitive area.