NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kawhi Leonard 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m guessing everyone whose been dealt draft picks on the turn is in this thread ? Lol

What it do baby!

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Pirate said:

Referring to ROS and B2B’s.

I said “if”. To be clear, I don’t think he plays all back to backs, but I’m saying if this became the norm it obviously makes him a top 5 player. Hell even playing the occasional back to back is huge for his value.

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

I said “if”. To be clear, I don’t think he plays all back to backs, but I’m saying if this became the norm it obviously makes him a top 5 player. Hell even playing the occasional back to back is huge for his value.

I think the reason for this one are the new rules with respect to resting on nationally televised games. 

Edited by Pirate
Just now, Pirate said:

I think the reason for this one are the new rules with respect to resting on nationally televised games. 

That’s true, but couldn’t they have just as easily chose to sit him out last night?

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

That’s true, but couldn’t they have just as easily chose to sit him out last night?

I thought about that. True they could have. 

1 minute ago, IDatDude said:

So today would kinda be a rare exception? Since the policies pushed the Clippers hands here?

With all the issues last year about chemistry and questioning about Kawhi's leadership maybe he doesn't sit every back to back or he hates the Warriors that much and wants blood lol 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

With all the issues last year about chemistry and questioning about Kawhi's leadership maybe he doesn't sit every back to back or he hates the Warriors that much and wants blood lol 

Man I hope so. Can def get used to this haha

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

So today would kinda be a rare exception? Since the policies pushed the Clippers hands here?

As referred to above, he could've easily sat the game yesterday. I think perhaps for the first time in 3 years he's feeling confident enough in his health that he may consider not sitting some b2bs. It'd be a huge boost to his value.

It’s probably just due to George sitting last night. 

He already missed 2 games (1 game in a B2B) out of 8 games. Kawhi will continue to get load managed throughout the season. I think it was more so that they lost last night against the Spurs and PG is questionable that he is forced to play. 

They'd never force him to play, he's made it painfully clear he calls the shots in regards to his availability (RIP spurs dynasty). And I don't think missing 2 games after the scary facial injury qualifies as load management until we see a more suspicious DNP

57 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

He already missed 2 games (1 game in a B2B) out of 8 games. Kawhi will continue to get load managed throughout the season. I think it was more so that they lost last night against the Spurs and PG is questionable that he is forced to play. 

He missed those games because he got elbowed in the face, not because of load management. 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Sure but he also fully practiced the day before the b2b with the mouth laceration. 

Do you have a source for it being a full practice? All I could find is that he practiced, and that he was day to day. Also, there's this:

So that leaves the door open to the Clippers taking a different approach to Leonard this season. Only time will tell. 

18 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

Do you have a source for it being a full practice? All I could find is that he practiced, and that he was day to day. Also, there's this:

So that leaves the door open to the Clippers taking a different approach to Leonard this season. Only time will tell. 

Practiced and went through pregame warmup the day of the game. Their opponent being the Timberwolves probably played a hand as well and hopefully he does play more b2bs. But like I said before his draft price took into account the rest days. He is a top 5-10 player on a per game basis. 

https://www.latimes.com/sports/clippers/story/2020-12-29/kawhi-leonard-to-sit-out-clippers-game-against-timberwolves

Edited by DezedandConfused
1 hour ago, 80version said:

There’s a lot of folks who were taking KD late 1st and using their 2nd pick to pair with Kawhi that are sitting pretty this year lol

I had the 11th pick in my $50 12'er and I was going to do just that. Unfortunately I got sniped at pick 10 so I "settled" for Ice Trae. For those that were able to take those two the gamble may actually pay off. That's why I like to go for home run picks if I'm at the end of a snake draft... Scared money don't make money.