NBC Sports Edge Forums

Battle for the top seed...Watson or Tannehill? 100% WHIR

Huge last game of the season for me...the two top teams are squaring off, the winner gets the #1 seed and regular season champ award (along with clinching a bye week) and the loser will be the #3 seed and have to play in week 14. The only matchup I can't decide on is Watson vs Indy or Tannehill vs. Cleveland? Watson doesn't have Fuller now and in a tough matchup, but has been elite most of the year. I have Derrick Henry and my opponent has AJ Brown, so I didn't know if I should try and hedge this with Tannehill in case he takes all of the TDs from Henry in this game? Thoughts? WHIR

Really tough call here...

this year when u look at Tannehill, he really has eaten well when facing poor secondaries... Cleveland with a really banged up secondary applies here.

On the other Watson has not been good when fuller has been out and facing a tough Indy Def....

id go Tanny 

help?

Edited by TheJuggernautBTCH
On 12/2/2020 at 7:24 PM, GoPackGo23 said:

.....I didn't know if I should try and hedge this with Tannehill in case he takes all of the TDs from Henry in this game?

Or do they have a replay of last week?  That could happen too.  Personally, I'd go with the greater talent (Watson).

Return the favor?

I appreciate all the responses so far. I think right now I'm leaning towards Tannehill, but might still swap to Watson before kickoff. My thoughts so far:

1. Watson has no Fuller in a tough matchup with Indy getting some of their key pieces on defense back...could see Houston's offense struggle a bit. Obviously more upside with Watson but think his ceiling is capped a bit more than usual in this matchup.

2. Tannehill's only downside I see this week is Henry taking all the TDs like he did last week and having low volume, which in that case I also have Henry and my opponent has AJ Brown, so I'm likely sitting good from the Tanny/Henry stack regardless and my opponent would get a dud from Brown. If Henry doesn't score, Tannehill will end up having a big game most likely and I would need him to neutralize my opponent's AJ Brown.

On 12/2/2020 at 7:24 PM, GoPackGo23 said:

Huge last game of the season for me...the two top teams are squaring off, the winner gets the #1 seed and regular season champ award (along with clinching a bye week) and the loser will be the #3 seed and have to play in week 14. The only matchup I can't decide on is Watson vs Indy or Tannehill vs. Cleveland? Watson doesn't have Fuller now and in a tough matchup, but has been elite most of the year. I have Derrick Henry and my opponent has AJ Brown, so I didn't know if I should try and hedge this with Tannehill in case he takes all of the TDs from Henry in this game? Thoughts? WHIR

I'd roll with Tannehill for his floor. Watson's production without Fuller in years past (even when he had Hopkins) was terrible. Fuller just opens up so much for the Texans offense. Cooks will be the only reliable option, and I think we'll see Watson dump down and utilize his TEs a lot more, resulting in a lower yardage total. I just think the Texans offense is in wait-and-see mode because there's a high risk that it could turn out to be very anemic. I'd rather have Tannehill as a floor play and his schedule really opens up from here out.

• Thanks 1