NBC Sports Edge Forums

Karl Anthony-Towns 2020-2021 Outlook

How we feeling about KAT? He will be playing this season with a heavy heart and I don't blame him at all if his mind isn't all the way there this season. Strictly from a fantasy basketball perspective, do you believe he will be his usual self?

Edited by ILuvABGs
Fixed typo
  • Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sending KAT all my COVID-19 antibodies

I know you traded him for Bam, but you don’t need to keep hanging around here and justifying this trade by negging towns.    Nobody is even really hating on you for making this trade, you get a

Posted Images

4 hours ago, skala19 said:

Still hurt from drafting him last year, I don't think I will pick him this time unless I get him outside the top5 (virtually impossible)

Might be possible, he's fallen to me at #7 in a few mocks. Granted, it's rare, but you might get lucky. 

I really love KAT as a 1st round pick, regardless of where.  The thing with KAT is he's strong across the board so he gives you so much flexibility in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.  Worst case scenario, after taking KAT in the 1st you could round out your top 3 with something like:

2nd - Butler or Gobert

3rd - Aldridge or Lowry

Any of those "worst case" top-3 scenarios gives you an incredible core with the flexibility to pursue whatever build you want in the remaining rounds.  How often do you get to the 4th round without needing to start thinking about punting a category or two?  

KAT hurts you nowhere and his elite 3PM/REB/BLK combination is absolute gold that opens up so many possibilities for the rest of your draft 

• Like 1

oooh maaan
it's quite sad to hear this stuff. He's admitting he's not in a good place mentally
Hope it doesn't affect him and his play too much. 
EDIT: This might be b i g for fantasy 

Edited by Stefan
Just now, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I would drop him down a few spots. Still Top 10 but losing seven people to Covid and playing with no fans. Nobody to cheer you on or to uplift you, he might feel empty playing.

yes definitely top 10, but back end

Yeah not drafting him unless he drops to 8-10. I can’t blame him, his mom was obviously the biggest blow and to lose more members while not as impactful it’s just more piling on to a fragile mind. He will still be good but deservingly so he will be distracted all season long all COVID pandemic long really. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I would drop him down a few spots. Still Top 10 but losing seven people to Covid and playing with no fans. Nobody to cheer you on or to uplift you, he might feel empty playing.

You are 100% correct. Teammates can only do so much before they start saying get your head in the game and you don’t want to hear that from anyone right now. Also I’m sure his family can’t really offer him much strength either since they are going through it too. I can already see them saying KAT you are strong you can get through it before they themselves start cracking and crying.

On 12/5/2020 at 8:00 AM, Johnnyapplebot said:

Yeah not drafting him unless he drops to 8-10. I can’t blame him, his mom was obviously the biggest blow and to lose more members while not as impactful it’s just more piling on to a fragile mind. He will still be good but deservingly so he will be distracted all season long all COVID pandemic long really. 

I'm with you on this as well. Some people play extra motivated when a family member passes away (IT in his best year with Boston) but more often than not, it just weighs on them and affects their game negatively. I remember Jameer Nelson was basically absent when his father had passed away and I get the same feeling towards KAT right now. It'll be hard for me to do this but I might even take guys like LeBron, Trae, and Jokic over him if he falls to me in the later part of the first round (still not taking Durant, Kawhi, or Tatum over him).

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sld12 said:

Dang, I know it's just pre season, but his shooting has been very disappointing so far 😕

I think we can excuse that with everything he has gone through, just getting rid of the rust. The great things i have seen is the volume, and the counting stats are all there so all he has to do is get into a rhythm and he will be a top 3 fantasy player by EOS.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

I think we can excuse that with everything he has gone through, just getting rid of the rust. The great things i have seen is the volume, and the counting stats are all there so all he has to do is get into a rhythm and he will be a top 3 fantasy player by EOS.

I want nothing for the best for KAT off the court and for him to have a good life and be happy in general -- that being said, I'm worried that the stuff he has going on off the court could get in his head and make it hard for him to find a rhythm on the court.  Hope I'm wrong though!

1 hour ago, scaniagm said:

got him at 4. took the gamble

Took him at 2 he’s safer than AD , AD will rest a lot and KAT will play every game prolly if healthy since they will be in contention all year long.

harden is risky too, he’s gained lots of weight and will most likely be traded to the nets, raptors, or Celtics all of whom his value with go down 

KAT prolly the safest out of the 3

16 minutes ago, Brye said:

Took him at 2 he’s safer than AD , AD will rest a lot and KAT will play every game prolly if healthy since they will be in contention all year long.

harden is risky too, he’s gained lots of weight and will most likely be traded to the nets, raptors, or Celtics all of whom his value with go down 

Sorry but Wolves will not be in contention their roster is garbage and they have a child coaching them. AD will be just fine and Towns has A LOT of mental challenges to get over  

49 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Sorry but Wolves will not be in contention their roster is garbage and they have a child coaching them. AD will be just fine and Towns has A LOT of mental challenges to get over  

Lol the wolves will be in contention that’s a fact .  Towns was injured last year...... and they got Beasley who’s a huge upgrade.  And the playoff teams got expanded to 20 teams so yeah I’m pretty sure the wolves will be in contention in the weak East.

they may not make the playoffs but they will be dam close, and that will guarantee no load management with towns like AD......

lakers brought in Harrell and Gasol pretty sure AD and lebron will have plenty of days off , KAT the easy pick for me but hey that’s just my opinion 

12 minutes ago, Brye said:

Lol the wolves will be in contention that’s a fact .  Towns was injured last year...... and they got Beasley who’s a huge upgrade.  And the playoff teams got expanded to 20 teams so yeah I’m pretty sure the wolves will be in contention in the weak East.

they may not make the playoffs but they will be dam close, and that will guarantee no load management with towns like AD......

lakers brought in Harrell and Gasol pretty sure AD and lebron will have plenty of days off , KAT the easy pick for me but hey that’s just my opinion 

Watch them play D they are never contending with that awful team and coach. As for Beasley he was already there last year and stood out because Towns was out, he is a huge upgrade on who exactly? I am sure West teams are shi**ing themselves seeing Okogie, Culver and Jake the snake Layman

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
48 minutes ago, Brye said:

Last I checked, the Wolves are in the loaded Western Conference & not in the “weak East”.

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, Brye said:

The 19 win Timberwolves will not be in contention. I don’t see how they magically win 30 more games.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Brye said:

Also, Lakers signed Dudley so less playin time for AD.

• Haha 3
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Karl Anthony-Towns 2020-2021 Outlook