Karl Anthony-Towns 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sending KAT all my COVID-19 antibodies

I know you traded him for Bam, but you don’t need to keep hanging around here and justifying this trade by negging towns.    Nobody is even really hating on you for making this trade, you get a

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, jmoney23 said:

I mean, are we getting to the point now where we should be open to taking a top 30-35 player for Towns if there's an offer on the table?

Depends on a few variables imo. If you can stash him on IL I wouldn’t trade him. If you don’t have IL, try to determine whether you think he’ll be out closer to 2-3 more weeks, or 4-6 more weeks. Then evaluate the strength of your roster and whether or not you think you can make the playoffs without him. If you drafted poorly and are getting crushed each week, then trying to salvage a playoff spot by moving him for a top 30ish player might make sense. If you think you can manage to win enough categories each week to keep your team in the hunt for a playoff spot, then I’d just hang on to him. 

When I first heard the news, and that he wouldn’t need surgery, I anticipated him being out for approx. 4 weeks. That’s not long enough for me to panic and consider trading him, but the league I own him in is a factor. 

I have a feeling that people who trade him now will likely come to regret it later in the season, but I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

7 minutes ago, mtx said:

Well that's because you offered fringe top-100 players lol...... I would rather lose then try to win a league with fake Mamba and Schroeder...

Both Schroeder and Bryant are doing pretty damn well in a points league.  So 4-6 weeks of good production maybe worth dumping KAT. Not everyone has the same thought process or team that you do.

2 hours ago, jmoney23 said:

So basically if you can get a top 25-30 player for KAT straight up, it would be good to take based off what I'm hearing?

I’m hold KAT in one of my leagues traded him in another .  Was able to pickup Boucher and portis off ww after his injury so ima be patient 

This is what the local paper had to say

When the Wolves announced Towns would be out indefinitely because of a dislocated wrist, they announced he would be reevaluated on a weekly basis. Sunday marked a week since that announcement.

Saunders wasn’t sure what day that evaluation would take place but said it would be “early this week.”

“I know we’re on about a week from when we kind of found all this out, but I don’t have an exact date on when that evaluation would be,” Saunders said. “It would be early this week though, staying in that weekly update.”

It didn’t sound like Towns’ return was imminent.

Good news. Our boy is making progress.

Timberwolves coach Ryan Saunders said that Karl-Anthony Towns (left wrist) will be re-evaluated once the team completes its current road trip.

Advice: "He's progressed steadily. He's doing a little bit more, where he can kind of handle a ball on the court," Saunders said before Tuesday's game against Denver. "Won't be available tonight. Won't be available next game. When we get back to Minnesota, we'll evaluate more." Naz Reid and Ed Davis have both taken turns starting in Towns' absence, with Reid being the more productive of the two from a statistical standpoint.

Edited by rush007
On 1/4/2021 at 12:21 PM, rabaak said:

Both Schroeder and Bryant are doing pretty damn well in a points league.  So 4-6 weeks of good production maybe worth dumping KAT. Not everyone has the same thought process or team that you do.

Don't tease me now, but the possibility of getting KAT and MPJ back for the weekend games is beyond wonderful!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1
Just now, MarcoPol0 said:

nonshooting hand wrist right so you would think he comes back running

Still needs to be able to catch the ball, put it on the floor and do all the things he needs to do. But yes, it’s much better than if it were his dominate hand. 

3 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:

Still needs to be able to catch the ball, put it on the floor and do all the things he needs to do. But yes, it’s much better than if it were his dominate hand. 

It’s called pain killers and cortisone shots. It doesn’t sound like an injury he can easily make worse. It’s just pain tolerance. 

1 hour ago, claptondecheeks said:

It’s called pain killers and cortisone shots. It doesn’t sound like an injury he can easily make worse. It’s just pain tolerance. 

Wrong sport my man. This is the NBA, this guys don’t even consider pain killers/cortisone shots until the playoffs - 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Brye said:

Hope you took it , KAT is 2 weeks away from a return

Where did you get that source? All I've seen was week by week or indefinitely... same wrist that got dragged out last year... Wolves very crappy at giving timelines.

Edited by RAGINGROOSTER
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

Where did you get that source? All I've seen was week by week or indefinitely... same wrist that got dragged out last year... Wolves very crappy at giving timelines.

lol if you turned down KAT and Rubio for your Gobert. Have fun playing it safe to a non-1st place finish. 

• Like 1