Karl Anthony-Towns 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sending KAT all my COVID-19 antibodies

I know you traded him for Bam, but you don’t need to keep hanging around here and justifying this trade by negging towns.    Nobody is even really hating on you for making this trade, you get a

Posted Images

1 hour ago, PascalSiakam said:

Just trade away KAT for Bam.  Sick of holding him any more.

I mean KAT will be back by next week. KAT is potential top 5 player floor is top 10. Bam is good not first round good though. Good luck.

I think he’ll play either on Friday or Sunday. Definitely by Monday, on the back end of the B2B.

MPJ missed 3 weeks total, but it was two different quarantines: the first, Dec 31- Jan 7, was from contract tracing, the second, Jan 7-Jan 21, was because of his positive test, so 14 days. Seth Curry tested positive in Jan 7 and returned to the team Jan 20, but didn’t play until Jan 22 bc of conditioning, so he quarantined 13 days. 

Assuming KAT doesn’t have symptoms 🤞🏼, 13-14 days would slate him to return for the Jan 29 game. Based on the fact that he only missed 2 weeks for the wrist, I think he’s itching to get back on the court so I trust his conditioning to be up to par. 

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, steveyi32 said:

Feel sorry for KAT, his mom passed away from covid. I wouldn't have the heart to play if I was him.

True, very sad story indeed. A lot of people in his family. 

But at the end of the story, I can see worse jobs than playing basketball for 20m USD a year. So yeah, i think I would recover asap and keep playing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It can also be seen as a distraction to play basketball instead of always mourning and grieving. Hes also a young man with millions upon millions of dollars. Being sad all of the time not playing basketball might lead to stupid decisions like visiting strip clubs and getting fat and making your NBA comeback even harder.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, sgergole said:

True, very sad story indeed. A lot of people in his family. 

But at the end of the story, I can see worse jobs than playing basketball for 20m USD a year. So yeah, i think I would recover asap and keep playing. 

Money can't bring his mom back. :(

• Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

It can also be seen as a distraction to play basketball instead of always mourning and grieving. Hes also a young man with millions upon millions of dollars. Being sad all of the time not playing basketball might lead to stupid decisions like visiting strip clubs and getting fat and making your NBA comeback even harder.

Agreed. 

I’m not going to sit here and act like I know where KAT’s head is at, but I think that if he was going to let the loss of his family members become a distraction, it would’ve been a distraction even before he tested positive and it would’ve affected his game this entire time like it did Nurkic. All signs point to the contrary: he was sharp to start the season, pushed through the pain and came back from the dislocated wrist after just 2 weeks, and he was really sharp in the 2 post injury games he played in. Even if he’s still mourning, I think basketball is a distraction, giving him an opportunity to devote himself to something he loves and surround himself with friends and people whose job is to help him succeed. Pushing himself during physical being exhaustion is also cathartic.

It happens all the time in sports. Isaiah Thomas torched the Bulls the day after his sister died and a like 2 days later scored 53 vs the Wizards in his sister’s birthday. Brett Favre had a career game vs the Raiders in 2003 the day after his dad died from a heart attack. Both were very emotional the entire time and clearly deep in mourning. 

i think he’s going to come back without missing a beat like MPJ did. Wouldn’t even surprise me if he used everything that’s happened as motivation and had a career year (on a per game basis). 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, 80version said:

So, you’re punting wins?  Interesting. 

Well I guess I prefer a star player with more durability.  Even if KAT returns and plays better than BAM I would not regret as there are too many uncertainties in the wolves.  Also I have strong feeling that wolves may shut down KAT later during the season for his wrist injury.

Edited by PascalSiakam
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, PascalSiakam said:

Well I guess I prefer a star player with more durability.  Even if KAT returns and plays better than BAM I would not regret as there are too many uncertainties in the wolves.  Also I have strong feeling that wolves may shut down KAT later during the season for his wrist injury.

I wanna trade him for Ayton and a mid rounder too just because of the **** situation the wolves are in!

On 1/28/2021 at 12:10 PM, PascalSiakam said:

KAT is durable. covid doesn't count as a "duribility" issue, and the extra time off could only mean more rest/rehab for his wrist.

31 minutes ago, mtx said:

Anyone watch the game tonight know if they said anything about him playing tomorrow?? Was he at practice or shooting??? 

Trust. If people know, you'll know.

Reporters been writing "clickbait" articles about KAT that have literally nothing to do with basketball. Like I said, if he's coming back, you'll know.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, mtx said:

Anyone watch the game tonight know if they said anything about him playing tomorrow?? Was he at practice or shooting??? 

It is very strange that there’s still no update since he was tested positive.  I doubt is there something else besides COVID (such as wrist injury and/or mental issues etc.) prohibiting him to come back.