NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Karl Anthony-Towns 2020-2021 Outlook

ILuvABGs

17 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Out tomorrow as well SMH

It's tiring but I'd rather he get his conditioning up so that he can come back with a huge game just as he did before contracting COVID-19. If it means we'll get him without further issues, I'll wait. 

• Like 2

His wrist better be at 200% now lol. But with the team losing, what's the point in him playing??

I've been trying to trade and sell KAT as a top-5 pick but no one's biting. KAT Lowry for Embiid Randle but owner insists on KAT for Randle 1-1. Sigh. 

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, mtx said:

His wrist better be at 200% now lol. But with the team losing, what's the point in him playing??

I've been trying to trade and sell KAT as a top-5 pick but no one's biting. KAT Lowry for Embiid Randle but owner insists on KAT for Randle 1-1. Sigh. 

Well then you just sit tight with KAT. Don't see why people are complaining now. It's not like the Wolves were gonna be a playoff contender this year realistically since it would have been the first season with D'Lo/KAT playing together with their current team. There's no shutdown risk in my eyes because the dude has played on nothing but losing teams in his career, and before this year was generally an ironman with no vast injury history.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, mtx said:

Well I guess I’m lucky to get rid of kat and get Bam back.  

1 hour ago, PascalSiakam said:

Well I guess I’m lucky to get rid of kat and get Bam back.  

I have serious doubt about this sentiment holding up over the season.  There was never anything conclusive indicating it was time to jump ship on KAT.  I’m holding for the season and if he can’t get right then so be it.  There aren’t a lot of players with a legitimate argument for top-3 like him (per game, at least). 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kobebryant24 said:

wait you guys are out here trading KAT???  I just traded my Anthony Davis to an impatient KAT owner 😂

owners should pounce on impatient KAT owners, its going to pay off boys. Trust me.

lol I cast serious doubt about it.  Somehow I feel like KAT is no longer an elite player he used to be.  At least mentally.

Edited by PascalSiakam
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, PascalSiakam said:

lol I cast serious doubt about it.  Somehow I feel like KAT is no longer an elite player he used to be.  At least mentally.

Cmon he came back really quick from his wrist injury cause he said he wanted to come back to play with his teammates. That doesnt sound like a weak minded person. Also per game basis, KAT is ranked top 10.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, PascalSiakam said:

I know you traded him for Bam, but you don’t need to keep hanging around here and justifying this trade by negging towns. 

Nobody is even really hating on you for making this trade, you get a couple of weeks out of this. These weeks could mean a lot for a team fighting for playoffs spot. But you looking weak af hanging around this thread negging and hoping he’s “done” for the year to make yourself feel better and justifying  this trade.

Edited by IDatDude
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

I know you traded him for Bam, but you don’t need to keep hanging around here and justifying this trade by negging towns. 

Nobody is even really hating on you for making this trade, you get a couple of weeks out of this. These weeks could mean a lot for a team fighting for playoffs spot. But you looking weak af hanging around this thread negging and hoping he’s “done” for the year to make yourself feel better and justifying  this trade.

He’s trying to make his league mate nervous so he can buy him for 10 cents in the dollar. Probably trying to get him for Siakam. 

32 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

No offence but just my 2 cents about KAT.  Sorry for agitate all KAT owners here.  I also hope KAT can return to his prime in real life but after all these shxts happened to him I have serious doubt about it.  

No offence but just my 2 cents about KAT.  Sorry for agitate all KAT owners here.  I also hope KAT can return to his prime in real life but after all these shxts happened to him I have serious doubt about it.  

Sigh.. you really don't get it do you? Unless you're KAT's personal psychologist and he told you all these personally, what you're saying about his mental health or lack thereof sounds wack and like what others said, you sound like youre only justifying your trade to your self.

Let's all calm down a bit, for a sec.

At this point everything is just speculation, but it is a fact that KAT is taking longer than what we have seen from others recovering from rona.

We can all hope that he comes back soon but at the end of the day, we can only play the cards we have been dealt with.

Seems like you regret your KAT for Bam trade

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Seems like you regret your KAT for Bam trade

Yeah well not really, I love how bam is playing now.  But personally I do hope KAT can return to his elite level.  He’s a nice guy and has gone through so much. But just fantasy wise I don’t really like the rest of the season outlook of KAT.

11 hours ago, PascalSiakam said:

So.. he lost loved ones to covid and in the 4 games he played he produced elite stats. If that's not a sign of being able to power through emotional f***ery, then should he play through a severed arm too? Crazy

• Like 2