Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Karl Anthony-Towns 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sending KAT all my COVID-19 antibodies

I know you traded him for Bam, but you don’t need to keep hanging around here and justifying this trade by negging towns.    Nobody is even really hating on you for making this trade, you get a

Posted Images

Glad his back but I'm thinking of selling. Just don't like the vibe of the team and the personal issues his having this yr. We need our 1st rd pick most for fantasy playoffs and I don't feel confident he will be there down the stretch

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So glad to have KAT back! For anyone that wondered why he took long to come back:

"I am a high-risk case," Towns said of his experience with the coronavirus. "COVID did not treat me well whatsoever. A lot of scary nights. One of the things that I told my sister when I got COVID was that, 'Hey, I got it, and I don't got a good version of it. I got a lot of COVID in me, but I am going to fight and beat it.'"

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30876312/minnesota-timberwolves-karl-anthony-towns-cleared-play-vs-la-clippers

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

So glad to have KAT back! For anyone that wondered why he took long to come back:

"I am a high-risk case," Towns said of his experience with the coronavirus. "COVID did not treat me well whatsoever. A lot of scary nights. One of the things that I told my sister when I got COVID was that, 'Hey, I got it, and I don't got a good version of it. I got a lot of COVID in me, but I am going to fight and beat it.'"

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30876312/minnesota-timberwolves-karl-anthony-towns-cleared-play-vs-la-clippers

I saw a Tweet about an article (maybe this one?) that he felt guilty about the treatment he got and that he thinks everyone should get that same level of care. 
 

My guess is, he got millions of dollars worth of care that kept him at a moderate level (on a scale of “no symptoms” to death). Sadly, that’s not feasible for 97% of period but I’m glad to hear he’s a compassionate guy and that he hasn’t lost touch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

I saw a Tweet about an article (maybe this one?) that he felt guilty about the treatment he got and that he thinks everyone should get that same level of care. 
 

My guess is, he got millions of dollars worth of care that kept him at a moderate level (on a scale of “no symptoms” to death). Sadly, that’s not feasible for 97% of period but I’m glad to hear he’s a compassionate guy and that he hasn’t lost touch. 

There's no magic COVID cure that costs millions of dollars. It's more about frequent cardiac and respiratory function monitoring to catch any complications ahead of time. 

Edited by MuscleChestbrook
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

There's no magic COVID cure that costs millions of dollars. It's more about frequent cardiac and respiratory function monitoring to catch any complications ahead of time. 

Right. Notice I said millions worth of care not drugs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Right. Notice I said millions worth of care not drugs. 

Basic monitoring (ECG, vitals, blood work, chest xrays) like this is fairly inexpensive. I think knowing you have the ability to receive treatment when needed is the privilege KAT is referring to. 

 

I just don't want you to give other people the impression that getting monitored for COVID complications is out of their reach. It's not and it can be fairly affordable. 

Edited by MuscleChestbrook
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Basic monitoring (ECG, vitals, blood work, chest xrays) like this is fairly inexpensive. I think knowing you have the ability to receive treatment when needed is the privilege KAT is referring to. 

 

I just don't want you to give other people the impression that getting monitored for COVID complications is out of their reach. It's not and it can be fairly affordable. 

I can’t speak in your case , I have kick a** health insurance, better than anybody I know... Do you honestly think you or I would receive the same level of care as someone like KAT for any health issue? Do you think if you got COVID, you’d get the same level of care as Trump did? If so, check your privilege. Even basic care can be out of reach for a high percentage of the population. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, claptondecheeks said:

I can’t speak in your case , I have kick a** health insurance, better than anybody I know... Do you honestly think you or I would receive the same level of care as someone like KAT for any health issue? Do you think if you got COVID, you’d get the same level of care as Trump did? If so, check your privilege. Even basic care can be out of reach for a high percentage of the population. 

Check my privilege? You're speaking nonsense about something you don't understand and trying to scare people. 

 

Stop flipping this on to me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, overtime2000 said:

the beast is back

Indeed.

Where are all the posters who were negging him the last couple wks, saying he’s done for the yr. Noticed they didn’t give this thread visit this wk 😕 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IDatDude said:

Indeed.

Where are all the posters who were negging him the last couple wks, saying he’s done for the yr. Noticed they didn’t give this thread visit this wk 😕 

People were saying he’s done with basketball bc he proposed to his gf. lol. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

People want him to be he said done with basketball bc they panicked traded him for bums or a bag of chips  

Fixed that for ya 🤣

Edited by IDatDude
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PascalSiakam said:

0 pts, 4 Rebs and 3 tos, lol

Really cute you only show up on bad games. But 20/10/3blks for a bad game though....take that any day. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...