Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Karl Anthony-Towns 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Wait...so the Wolves don't make a lot of money selling tickets...so their plan would be to make even less money by shutting down the only guy that fans would actually pay to see? Your logic is that this corporation that only cares about money...is gonna try and make less money?

Lmfao

No there ultimate goal is to be contenders in the future like all the other teams. Only way to do that is to get draft picks. No stars wanna goto freezing small market towns.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sending KAT all my COVID-19 antibodies

I know you traded him for Bam, but you don’t need to keep hanging around here and justifying this trade by negging towns.    Nobody is even really hating on you for making this trade, you get a

Posted Images

1 minute ago, the1gq2nvy said:

No there ultimate goal is to be contenders in the future like all the other teams. Only way to do that is to get draft picks. No stars wanna goto freezing small market towns.

So they're going to shut down and halt the development of a star-level big man, the best draft prospect they've had since Kevin Garnett, in the hopes that maybe they'll get another player half as good as him?

Dude you are hilarious.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fabrar said:

So they're going to shut down and halt the development of a star-level big man, the best draft prospect they've had since Kevin Garnett, in the hopes that maybe they'll get another player half as good as him?

Dude you are hilarious.

 

His already developed they already know what they got in him.. Organization -"Lets shut down Kat so he doesn't risk making his wrist worst and look towards next season".

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, the1gq2nvy said:

His already developed they already know what they got in him.. Organization -"Lets shut down Kat so he doesn't risk making his wrist worst and look towards next season".

So at 25 years old, he's already reached his peak, can't grow and develop anymore and there's no point letting him play games. 

Ok, lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont want to speculate on a shutdown, but in case anyone didnt know, the only way the Wolves keep their first round draft pick this year is if they are in the top 3.

Part of the Wiggins-Russell trade sent the Wolves 1st round pick to Golden State and its top-3 protected for 2021. If it doesnt convey this year then it is unprotected in 2022. 

I'm not implying anything, but the Wolves currently have the worst record in the NBA and being this terrible all year without gaining from it would be an immense waste of time and resources. Of course, because of the way the lottery is decided, even having one of the worst records in the league is not a guarantee that you'll get a top 3 pick. Additionally, who's to say that the Wolves will win simply because KAT is playing. Their team collectively sucks. 

I'm just saying that this 1st round pick being protected only for the top-3 is something to keep in mind. For that reason, I wouldnt be totally shocked if they rested him here or there, or cut down his minutes a tad. Then again, they could probably play KAT his full allotment of minutes and still lose. I'm sure KAT wants to be out there. Just something to keep in mind.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fabrar said:

So at 25 years old, he's already reached his peak, can't grow and develop anymore and there's no point letting him play games. 

Ok, lol

exactly not when he is still whining about his wrist

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Wait...so the Wolves don't make a lot of money selling tickets...so their plan would be to make even less money by shutting down the only guy that fans would actually pay to see? Your logic is that this corporation that only cares about money...is gonna try and make less money?

Lmfao

Shutdown risk is just an irrational fear that is completely overblown every year, causing certain players to get valued a round or two under their actual value (Vooch is a prime example). In reality it rarely turns into reality. You won't find any logic no matter how deep you go lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

I dont want to speculate on a shutdown, but in case anyone didnt know, the only way the Wolves keep their first round draft pick this year is if they are in the top 3.

Part of the Wiggins-Russell trade sent the Wolves 1st round pick to Golden State and its top-3 protected for 2021. If it doesnt convey this year then it is unprotected in 2022. 

I'm not implying anything, but the Wolves currently have the worst record in the NBA and being this terrible all year without gaining from it would be an immense waste of time and resources. Of course, because of the way the lottery is decided, even having one of the worst records in the league is not a guarantee that you'll get a top 3 pick. Additionally, who's to say that the Wolves will win simply because KAT is playing. Their team collectively sucks. 

I'm just saying that this 1st round pick being protected only for the top-3 is something to keep in mind. For that reason, I wouldnt be totally shocked if they rested him here or there, or cut down his minutes a tad. Then again, they could probably play KAT his full allotment of minutes and still lose. I'm sure KAT wants to be out there. Just something to keep in mind.

Yup that was the only point i was implying is his a high risk to be rested, shutdown, mins cut when you need him most the last 3-4 weeks in the end of season. What does he have to gain end of the season if his wrist still has pain?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rush007 said:

Shutdown risk is just an irrational fear that is completely overblown every year, causing certain players to get valued a round or two under their actual value (Vooch is a prime example). In reality it rarely turns into reality. You won't find any logic no matter how deep you go lol

Magics have and always been in contention. When your in the the EAST being at at the bottom your never ruled out.  Wolves on the other hand even if we threw them into the EAST right now they would still be bottom of the bottom.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

I dont want to speculate on a shutdown, but in case anyone didnt know, the only way the Wolves keep their first round draft pick this year is if they are in the top 3.

Part of the Wiggins-Russell trade sent the Wolves 1st round pick to Golden State and its top-3 protected for 2021. If it doesnt convey this year then it is unprotected in 2022. 

I'm not implying anything, but the Wolves currently have the worst record in the NBA and being this terrible all year without gaining from it would be an immense waste of time and resources. Of course, because of the way the lottery is decided, even having one of the worst records in the league is not a guarantee that you'll get a top 3 pick. Additionally, who's to say that the Wolves will win simply because KAT is playing. Their team collectively sucks. 

I'm just saying that this 1st round pick being protected only for the top-3 is something to keep in mind. For that reason, I wouldnt be totally shocked if they rested him here or there, or cut down his minutes a tad. Then again, they could probably play KAT his full allotment of minutes and still lose. I'm sure KAT wants to be out there. Just something to keep in mind.

This is a totally reasonable take. It does pose a minor risk, you gotta take that into account when trading KAT for Kawhi/Steph/Lillard for example. What I'm saying is that imo this is a small consideration when weighed against other factors (injury history, playoff schedule, B2B limitations, active rest days like KD). Yet people make a big fuss about it as if it's no.1 risk factor.

Edited by rush007
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Wait...so the Wolves don't make a lot of money selling tickets...so their plan would be to make even less money by shutting down the only guy that fans would actually pay to see? Your logic is that this corporation that only cares about money...is gonna try and make less money?

Lmfao

What's this about trying to make less money? The Timberwolves aren't allowing fans. OP said selling tickets shouldn't be a worry due to COVID. Makes sense to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not arguing about the shutdown risk. If you scared trade him for Duncan Robinson and Lamarcus Aldridge.

But the main point people miss about “some” shutdown risks are that when you already know what you have in a star player like (KAT) for example, when you are 14-48 and already mathematically eliminated as a coach you say “Hey instead of giving KAT 28 minutes a game, how about I develop my other players on the team so they can have some tape and things to improve on for next season” So you give guys like Naz Reid, Vanderbilt, HernanGomez extra minutes to see what they can improve and have them watch tapes of themselves to improve on defensive rotations and the sorts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I’m not arguing about the shutdown risk. If you scared trade him for Duncan Robinson and Lamarcus Aldridge.

But the main point people miss about “some” shutdown risks are that when you already know what you have in a star player like (KAT) for example, when you are 14-48 and already mathematically eliminated as a coach you say “Hey instead of giving KAT 28 minutes a game, how about I develop my other players on the team so they can have some tape and things to improve on for next season” So you give guys like Naz Reid, Vanderbilt, HernanGomez extra minutes to see what they can improve and have them watch tapes of themselves to improve on defensive rotations and the sorts. 

Hence the guy who got Bam may actually fare better knowing miami going play him max mins a game down the stretch and positioning themselves on playoff standings. That's exactly what I'm referring to when your #1 pick is on bottom of barrel team in standings and on top being injured.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, the1gq2nvy said:

Hence the guy who got Bam may actually fare better knowing miami going play him max mins a game down the stretch and positioning themselves on playoff standings. That's exactly what I'm referring to when your #1 pick is on bottom of barrel team in standings and on top being injured.

So if there are so many concerns around KAT  what makes you think you can get curry for him? 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, fabrar said:

So if there are so many concerns around KAT  what makes you think you can get curry for him? 

Because there might be believers out there like you who thinks he will go the distance.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This Minny offense is straight garbage. Saunders needs to get fired. Can't get the ball in to KAT. Rubio can't dribble, Beasley jackin up shots. Bottom line: KAT needs more shots. Barely any shots with Stanley ******** Johnson on him. Are you kidding me? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chickennuggets said:

This Minny offense is straight garbage. Saunders needs to get fired. Can't get the ball in to KAT. Rubio can't dribble, Beasley jackin up shots. Bottom line: KAT needs more shots. Barely any shots with Stanley ******** Johnson on him. Are you kidding me? 

Yeah Saunders is f*****g garbage. KAT would be dropping 30 every night if they ran the offense through him every play and the team wound be much better for it

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chickennuggets said:

This Minny offense is straight garbage. Saunders needs to get fired. Can't get the ball in to KAT. Rubio can't dribble, Beasley jackin up shots. Bottom line: KAT needs more shots. Barely any shots with Stanley ******** Johnson on him. Are you kidding me? 

I don't want to complain, but honestly it's time. This offense is ridiculously bad. I figured they'd learn from their last two games that they aren't going to get anywhere spreading the wealth. KAT looks like an afterthought in the 4th for the third time. Saunders thinks he's Pop lol

Edited by Kraptocracy
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

think you guys are severely underestimating how much incentive there is for them to lose. i legit think saunders tanked that. they intentionally didn't go to him at all in the fourth lol

There's tanking. And then there's terrible. Saunders is the latter. 5 straight high pick and rolls with bum a** Rubio when they should have been going to KAT in the post. The fact that this Wolves team isn't good enough to win doesn't mean they should be playing horrible basketball. 

OKC, for example, are flat out tanking. They still have a system and a coach with an offensive gameplan. This L was purely poor offensive execution and the product of a horrible offensive game plan. And the fact that they owe a top 3 (!!!!!) protected first to the Warriors this year that turns into an unprotected first next year is just laughable.

Saunders needs to go. It's just that simple. Rosas needs to be on the hot-seat too for some god-awful decision making. Things need to change in Minny. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2021 at 2:49 AM, claptondecheeks said:

Anyways guys, let’s get back to what’s truly important in this thread: @PascalSiakam

spacer.png
 

why are you hiding in the corner boy? come own your bad take. 

It is really enjoyable to see you guys still have so much hype on Kat.  Well I guess time will tell and enjoy your rest of the fantasy season with the “top 5” fantasy player 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...