Karl Anthony-Towns 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sending KAT all my COVID-19 antibodies

I know you traded him for Bam, but you don’t need to keep hanging around here and justifying this trade by negging towns.    Nobody is even really hating on you for making this trade, you get a

Posted Images

May regret it but made a massive trade for him. FVV/Holmes/Sexton/DWhite for Towns/Simmons/Josh Jackson/Barton* (traded for DJJ) 

I still firmly believe what i said about him with him having a ton of red flags but i feel like a gambler this season. If im wrong i win a pot of gold but if im right im Jack on the Titanic without the falling in love part 😂

10 minutes ago, Austin_Rivers said:

May regret it but made a massive trade for him. FVV/Holmes/Sexton/DWhite for Towns/Simmons/Josh Jackson/Barton* (traded for DJJ) 

I still firmly believe what i said about him with him having a ton of red flags but i feel like a gambler this season. If im wrong i win a pot of gold but if im right im Jack on the Titanic without the falling in love part 😂

That's a huge win for you imo

KAT should feast against Washington's nonexistent interior defense tonight 

6 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

@PascalSiakam This guy is not as good as Bam.

If only this guy came back and admitted to talking straight out his a** lol. He wouldn’t be having to deal with all these notifications every single game lmao....I imagine this must be annoying  😕

• Haha 2
15 hours ago, IDatDude said:

If only this guy came back and admitted to talking straight out his a** lol. He wouldn’t be having to deal with all these notifications every single game lmao....I imagine this must be annoying  😕

Hey at least he got Bam. I got KAT for Nurk when KAT first injured his wrist and then got Nurk off the wire not too long ago. 

This Edwards kid is hog isn’t he? My god just because he touches the ball doesn’t mean he has to shoot it! And he’s so inefficient! 

I am wondering about the possibilty of a shutdown. chances? The wolves are awful and their 1st round pick is protected 1-4. on top of that with all of the crap he had to deal with the past 12 months.. puh

A dude in one of my leagues offered him and rozier for my beal and j.allen.. came totally out of nowhere and it  got me thinking about his situation. I didnt get to draft him in any of my other leagues so i have no clue about him this season other then that his numbers so far have been worse then the last few years 

7 minutes ago, G.O.B. said:

I am wondering about the possibilty of a shutdown. chances? The wolves are awful and their 1st round pick is protected 1-4. on top of that with all of the crap he had to deal with the past 12 months.. puh

A dude in one of my leagues offered him and rozier for my beal and j.allen.. came totally out of nowhere and it  got me thinking about his situation. I didnt get to draft him in any of my other leagues so i have no clue about him this season other then that his numbers so far have been worse then the last few years 

0 chance, only if his wrist will get worse of course.

11 minutes ago, G.O.B. said:

Good question! 

TL; DR: While there are no guarantees that he won't be injured, the probabilities of a non-injury shutdown look pretty damn low.

Long version: Let's do a little math. Rules say bottom 3 teams have equal chances at getting a top-3 pick. After this, probabilities start (gradually) decreasing.

Currently, these are the teams at the bottom of the standings, roughly halfway through the regular season:

Cavs (14-22) 0.389

Magic (13-23) 0.361

Rockets (11-23) 0.324

Pistons (10-25) 0.286

Twolves (7-29) 0.194

Now, let's be conservative and say that if Twolves get to 0.35, they are out of bottom 3, and they don't want that. To get to 0.35, Twolves need to win 18/36=0.50 of their remaining games remaining. In the ultra-competitive Western conference, do I think they win 50% of their remaining games even with KAT, Beasley and D'lo all playing? No way! Add that to the fact that Beasley and D'lo are out for a few more weeks anyway.

I think it's pretty obvious that it would be a ridiculous decision on behalf of the front office to not play KAT because they're afraid that'll hurt their chances at that getting a top 3 pick.

What makes more sense for the front office is to play KAT, D'lo and Beasley for as long as possible when they're all back, so that they get some chemistry going for next year. This is their core after all.

Watching the games, he just doesn't look quite right. Picks up a lot of offensive fouls that he did not used to get.  Has been mostly off on his 3pt shot.  Seem to turn into double teams on his posts moves.  

Some of it is probably due to not having played much with his current teammates. And players like Edwards have never seen a shot they can't make.  I think the wolves have some good pieces. I just am not sure who the best ones are and how they mesh.