Karl Anthony-Towns 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sending KAT all my COVID-19 antibodies

I know you traded him for Bam, but you don’t need to keep hanging around here and justifying this trade by negging towns.    Nobody is even really hating on you for making this trade, you get a

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, XNW said:

welp fantasy season over lol..

oh the real.. dislocated isnt bad, no surgery required, now its just a healing process... how fast he heals, shrugs.

I’m more mad at these Twitter people saying he’s playing tonight. Obviously they don’t know sh!t and just wants to guess to be the person to say “I broke the news first” when they are conpletely guessing.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

why would he miss time if he came back in the game to close it out?

20 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

I doubt he would have come back if he wasn't fine.

hmm? looks like he's going to miss some time...like i said he would. some of y'all too optimistic 

Check this out

https://www.healthline.com/health/dislocated-wrist#treatment

The healing time for a dislocated wrist depends on how severe it is. If you only need a reduction procedure, you should recover within two or three months. However, if you need surgery, it may take six months to a year to fully recover.

so at least 2-3 months absence is likely expected.  2020 is a tough year for KAT, although our fantasy season is likely done and I guess all of us KAT owners here are very frustrated, I still give my best wishes to KAT.  

Hope to see you soon again KAT.

• Thanks 1
Just now, NoHablaIngles said:

Brutal news. I expect at least a month absence, and a possibility hes gone for the year. 

Im kinda bummed I didn't accept Wood for him.

What you turned that down? That was really dumb.

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, PascalSiakam said:

Check this out

The healing time for a dislocated wrist depends on how severe it is. If you only need a reduction procedure, you should recover within two or three months. However, if you need surgery, it may take six months to a year to fully recover.

so at least 2-3 months absence is likely expected.  2020 is a tough year for KAT, although our fantasy season is likely done and I guess all of us KAT owners here are very frustrated, I still give my best wishes to KAT.  

I know circumstances are different (and I want to be optimistic), but I dislocated my wrist before and it took a month to heal, and probably another week to get the strength/confidence back. Not needing surgery is the cause of my optimism.

Just now, pushaZ said:

What you turned that down? That was really dumb.

Earlier in the day before his diagnosis I got offered Wood for Kat... as I was contemplating the move, the other manager cancelled the offer. Tough break but thats just how the cookie crumbled I guess. Hopefully Kat comes back this year.

It sounds like he may have escaped needing surgery so he might be able to return sooner than later.  This is a tough break for a great player who once was an iron man and now has suffered an injury two seasons in a row.  This is the same wrist he hurt last season, right? He has had a tough year.  Hopefully, he comes back stronger.  

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Earlier in the day before his diagnosis I got offered Wood for Kat... as I was contemplating the move, the other manager cancelled the offer. Tough break but thats just how the cookie crumbled I guess. Hopefully Kat comes back this year.

Ah. Yeah. That's a nervous offer to make.

23 minutes ago, PascalSiakam said:

Check this out

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reduction_(orthopedic_surgery)

seems like a reduction procedure is a type of surgery and since he’s not having surgery he may not miss 2-3 months

1 minute ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Am I the only one who believes he’ll be out for 8-12 weeks ?

When Woj said “there is optimism for a relatively short term absence” my thought to that is, ok but is wth is short term to them really. Its all so vague.

Its not crazy to believe 8-12. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was. My initial feeling was hopefully a 4-5 week thing. But none of us know for sure and all I am doing right now is mentally preparing for him to be out awhile.