NBC Sports Edge Forums

Karl Anthony-Towns 2020-2021 Outlook

5 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

When Woj said “there is optimism for a relatively short term absence” my thought to that is, ok but is wth is short term to them really. Its all so vague.

Its not crazy to believe 8-12. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was. My initial feeling was hopefully a 4-5 week thing. But none of us know for sure and all I am doing right now is mentally preparing for him to be out awhile.

I don’t see why the twolves would rush kat back either, similar to curry last year and love the year before that.

they’re going to fall out of play contention relatively soon

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sending KAT all my COVID-19 antibodies

I know you traded him for Bam, but you don’t need to keep hanging around here and justifying this trade by negging towns.    Nobody is even really hating on you for making this trade, you get a

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Simsanityy179 said:

I don’t see why the twolves would rush kat back either, similar to curry last year and love the year before that.

they’re going to fall out of play contention relatively soon

Hopefully they can somehow stay somewhat competitive and in the hunt ( doubt it but crazier things have happened) so we don’t all the sudden hear, oh yeah, actually he does need surgery.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, mas10 said:

Ok now that we are all numb and have accepted the news. How many games does everyone think he misses?

Dislocated wrist is usually an 8-12 week injury. Given they are optimistic, halving that would be a great result you would think. 

Just can't see him getting back in 2-3 weeks. 

Non shooting hand is his saving grace.

4 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

Dislocated wrist is usually an 8-12 week injury. Given they are optimistic, halving that would be a great result you would think. 

Just can't see him getting back in 2-3 weeks. 

Non shooting hand is his saving grace.

I would like to know if he plays with it can it get worse? Can he wear a brace and play since it’s his non shooting hand? Has any other nba player had the same injury? 

Hoping for the best: 2 weeks

Bracing for the worst: 1.5-2 months 

Realistically expecting: 3-4 wks 

Either way...looks like KAT owners are screwed, no lube. He was suppose to be safe top 5 pick this yr too 😕 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
10 hours ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Brutal news. I expect at least a month absence, and a possibility hes gone for the year. 

Im kinda bummed I didn't accept Wood for him.

10 hours ago, pushaZ said:

What you turned that down? That was really dumb.

Hahahaha y e a h man . Daaaa

Wood is basically (at the moment) 85-90% healthy KAT production. 

You krazy

Edited by Stefan
2 hours ago, IDatDude said:

Hoping for the best: 2 weeks

Bracing for the worst: 1.5-2 months 

Realistically expecting: 3-4 wks 

Either way...looks like KAT owners are screwed, no lube. He was suppose to be safe top 5 pick this yr too 😕 

Had him last season and this also happened. Advice.... lots of tequila 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This dude ain’t coming back for months..why would he? Let his wrist heal, let him mentally heal and tank for that top 3 pick and come back next year...they will basically pull a GSW from last season and the one before.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, crocp said:

This dude ain’t coming back for months..why would he? Let his wrist heal, let him mentally heal and tank for that top 3 pick and come back next year...they will basically pull a GSW from last season and the one before.

Except they owe the Warriors the pick if it ain’t top 3. Risky business to waste another year tanking for nothing if they ended up getting 4 in the lottery.

Unless they are truly abysmal the next few weeks (definitely possible) I don’t believe they sit him longer and push the tank button if it truly is a “relatively short term” injury.

14 minutes ago, Stagz_ said:

Do yourselves a favor and trade him ASAP. This will be a lingering issue. The longer you wait the more his value decreases. 

I tend to agree. 

I've owned him in a keeper/dynasty league since he was a rookie and he was durable as they come his first 3/4 years. But he has  clearly turned into Joel Embiid. This is now the third time in the last year+ that he will miss extended time and when he comes back his team may be towards the bottom of the pack in the west and making more excuses to rest him in another lost season. 

• Like 1

Of my knowledges, it will be at the best 4-6 weeks of imobilisation. 

So 6-8 weeks before being back on court if we imagine 2 weeks of rehab.

Actually, I'm really hesitating about trade KAT for Wood, I'm punting assist, so the downgrade is minimize.

Still some risks after the 4-6 weeks, that it looks not good and need more rest or surgery.

1 hour ago, Larssonax said:

Of my knowledges, it will be at the best 4-6 weeks of imobilisation. 

So 6-8 weeks before being back on court if we imagine 2 weeks of rehab.

Actually, I'm really hesitating about trade KAT for Wood, I'm punting assist, so the downgrade is minimize.

Still some risks after the 4-6 weeks, that it looks not good and need more rest or surgery.

Come one, this is essentially a mild sprain of the wrist on his non-shooting hand. Are you trying to spook a KAT owner into a reckless trade?

Judging from what we know, seems like he's out a few weeks, but could easily be less.

A lot of big words in this thread so far. 

I don’t have KAT but was expecting a lot of F words flying around. As it should be. But instead there are a lot of medical doctors in the house. 

I had Curry last season so I feel the pain. Y’all KAT owners are FFFF...

Realistically though, put him in IR spot. Run to pick up Naz, which you should have when the news broke. Good news is no surgery and it is rehab and pain tolerance and KAT believe it or not is an iron man, I think he missed like 1 game in his first 3 seasons or something ridiculous like that. So the skies are not falling. Personally I wouldn’t trade KAT if I have Naz or can hold the line. Other than somehow you can get CW or another R2-R3 big then why not. 

1 hour ago, Brandayz said:

So would you KAT owners give up on him for a top 30 player??

Depends. Small sample size for ranking at the moment. Top 30 in h2h right now include names like Divencenzo, Rozier, and Garland. Hard to see them stay up there once more games are in. But if you get a big name then you should really consider it.