Karl Anthony-Towns 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sending KAT all my COVID-19 antibodies

I know you traded him for Bam, but you don’t need to keep hanging around here and justifying this trade by negging towns.    Nobody is even really hating on you for making this trade, you get a

Posted Images

On 12/28/2020 at 6:32 PM, ginocan said:

A lot of big words in this thread so far. 

I don’t have KAT but was expecting a lot of F words flying around. As it should be. But instead there are a lot of medical doctors in the house. 

I had Curry last season so I feel the pain. Y’all KAT owners are FFFF...

Realistically though, put him in IR spot. Run to pick up Naz, which you should have when the news broke. Good news is no surgery and it is rehab and pain tolerance and KAT believe it or not is an iron man, I think he missed like 1 game in his first 3 seasons or something ridiculous like that. So the skies are not falling. Personally I wouldn’t trade KAT if I have Naz or can hold the line. Other than somehow you can get CW or another R2-R3 big then why not. 

Naz is doing nothing

6 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Just traded to get KAT in my league as well. Sending him all my wrist energy for a speedy recovery. 

Obviously nobody of you who traded to get KAT, didn't had him last year. OOOOOOOhhhhh boy you've just bought ticket for an all year long ride
AHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAa

fullsizerender-9.jpg

Edited by Stefan
  • Haha 1

Have the opportunity to move LaVine and Nance for this dude but I’ve never owned KAT before or any TWolves player really. So, when the team says they’re optimistic he’ll return ‘shortly’ and in a couple of weeks, are they telling the truth or just lying?

12 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Why would they tank? They traded away their 2021 pick. 

it’s a dislocated wrist with no structural damage. 

Yes, they traded away their 2021 pick, but it's protected 1-3 pick

EDIT: Dislocated wrist ain't no joke... months to heal

Edited by Stefan
10 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Yes, they traded away their 2021 pick, but it's protected 1-3 pick

EDIT: Dislocated wrist ain't no joke... months to heal

Now you tell me. Well, I only have up Nurk and some scrubs to get him + other guys so I’m not tripping. Big gamble but potential league winner. 

3 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Now you tell me. Well, I only have up Nurk and some scrubs to get him + other guys so I’m not tripping. Big gamble but potential league winner. 

IDK ask for Zion or Wood. I'd be happy with that. Wood is basically 80% of KAT's production

36 minutes ago, QingJames said:

Have the opportunity to move LaVine and Nance for this dude but I’ve never owned KAT before or any TWolves player really. So, when the team says they’re optimistic he’ll return ‘shortly’ and in a couple of weeks, are they telling the truth or just lying?

The wolves management strung people along last year with Kats injury. So it is tough to trust them this year.

1 hour ago, QingJames said:

Because he doesn’t need to get surgery, his return is really just based on pain tolerance. Those long recovery times are specifically if you have to get surgery (called a reduction). In those cases you’re looking at a month MINIMUM, and realistically probably 2 months or maybe more. I think in this case with KAT he will be back anywhere from 2-4 weeks. But this is just my best guess. If you can survive with KAT on your IR I wouldn’t advise selling for less than top 20 value

Edited by Randomguy
9 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Because he doesn’t need to get surgery, his return is really just based on pain tolerance. Those long recovery times are specifically if you have to get surgery (called a reduction). In those cases you’re looking at a month MINIMUM, and realistically probably 2 months or maybe more. I think in this case with KAT he will be back anywhere from 2-4 weeks. But this is just my best guess. If you can survive with KAT on your IR I wouldn’t advise selling for less than top 20 value

Man you wrong...
it seems you can't make the difference between sprained wrist and dislocated wrist (way worse that sprained)
Remember LeVert last year and his dislocated ankle ?

Edited by Stefan
12 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Sorry, I should have clarified that I don’t have him right now, but I’m considering trading LaVine and Nance for him. I just don’t know if the Woves FO is bullshitting their fans to give them hope that KAT will be back in a reasonable timeframe. A month I could stomach, but it would be hard. Any longer than a month being his probable timetable would just be unmanageable with this shortened season.

5 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Man you wrong...
it seems you can't make the difference between sprained wrist and dislocated wrist (way worse that sprained)

What do you think his timetable for return is, then?

3 minutes ago, QingJames said:

What do you think his timetable for return is, then?

Maaan I don't know... it's hard to say... but it ain't 2-4 weeks for sure like randomguy said

Edited by Stefan
19 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Man you wrong...

Well in Terminator: Dark Fate (2019), Sarah Connor dislocates her shoulder and keeps shooting terminators without missing a beat so I’m confident KAT can play basketball after 2 weeks’ rest. 

• Haha 5
10 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Well in Terminator: Dark Fate (2019), Sarah Connor dislocates her shoulder and keeps shooting terminators without missing a beat so I’m confident KAT can play basketball after 2 weeks’ rest. 

aaaaaaaaaaahahahah nice :D 

It’s all wording. A subluxation means ligament stretch or tear. If anything was “pushed back in” then the ligament was torn. Being a hand surgeon, I’ve never seen a perilunate subluxation. All have been dislocations. So that’s where the reporting makes me confused and concerned.“

The details of his injury are hazy still. It will be 4-6 weeks if it’s a ligament partial tear. If it’s surgery then it’s the entire season sadly.”

The video was days ago, but obviously we haven’t heard anything since. They had called it a perilunate subluxation. To bottom line this - it’s either a minor ligament tear (the hope for us, 4 to 6 weeks) or pretty much it’s probably season over.

So. Who is with me?

spacer.png

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

It’s all wording. A subluxation means ligament stretch or tear. If anything was “pushed back in” then the ligament was torn. Being a hand surgeon, I’ve never seen a perilunate subluxation. All have been dislocations. So that’s where the reporting makes me confused and concerned.“

The details of his injury are hazy still. It will be 4-6 weeks if it’s a ligament partial tear. If it’s surgery then it’s the entire season sadly.”

The video was days ago, but obviously we haven’t heard anything since. They had called it a perilunate subluxation. To bottom line this - it’s either a minor ligament tear (the hope for us, 4 to 6 weeks) or pretty much it’s probably season over.

So. Who is with me?

spacer.png

They already said he won’t require surgery though?

1 minute ago, QingJames said:

They already said he won’t require surgery though?

Yeah that is the part that is making me hopeful and not panicking. That he didn’t have a full ligament tear which was why they said no surgery required and it’s “relatively short-term.”

Unless Woj’s source is completely bs’ing him with the hopeful outlook, it must only be a partial tear and no bones shifted out of place.