NBC Sports Edge Forums

Karl Anthony-Towns 2020-2021 Outlook

15 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Yeah that is the part that is making me hopeful and not panicking. That he didn’t have a full ligament tear which was why they said no surgery required and it’s “relatively short-term.”

Unless Woj’s source is completely bs’ing him with the hopeful outlook, it must only be a partial tear and no bones shifted out of place.

The wording that I saw was that it popped out and back in place, which was why surgery was not needed to put the bones back in the right place.

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

Man you wrong...
it seems you can't make the difference between sprained wrist and dislocated wrist (way worse that sprained)
Remember LeVert last year and his dislocated ankle ?

But if he doesn’t need any surgery, that means it’s all based on swelling and pain tolerance. Why would he be out for 2 months or more? Also a dislocated ankle compared to a dislocated wrist are completely different injuries...one is way more serious obviously. 

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sending KAT all my COVID-19 antibodies

I know you traded him for Bam, but you don’t need to keep hanging around here and justifying this trade by negging towns.    Nobody is even really hating on you for making this trade, you get a

Posted Images

IDK guys... I dislocated my thumb in high school and even though it’s different, I’m guessing the effect is similar since it’s the same area. I didn’t have ligament damage and I remember I was sore AF, but I was still able to tape it up and keep wrestling. 

KAT went back into the game and was questionable the next game. He’s said he was sore but that soreness can go away in 2 weeks, plus they will give him pain killer injections. I think we Gucci. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Yeah that is the part that is making me hopeful and not panicking. That he didn’t have a full ligament tear which was why they said no surgery required and it’s “relatively short-term.”

Unless Woj’s source is completely bs’ing him with the hopeful outlook, it must only be a partial tear and no bones shifted out of place.

No surgery isn't exactly great.  It just means that medically the conservative approach is the best.  While it does mean there is a chance he plays within a month, it also means there is a good chance he's dealing with inflammation, scar tissue and pain the rest of the year.  He'd have that with surgery too, but he'll have it without as well.

I wouldn't be running to make an offer for him.  There's a decent chance this just cements the tank for Minnesota and he'll be in no rush to return.

4 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

The wording that I saw was that it popped out and back in place, which was why surgery was not needed to put the bones back in the right place.

But if he doesn’t need any surgery, that means it’s all based on swelling and pain tolerance. Why would he be out for 2 months or more? Also a dislocated ankle compared to a dislocated wrist are completely different injuries...one is way more serious obviously. 

It sounds like it was one carpal that popped out, not like it was all 8 of them. 

Edited by claptondecheeks
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

IDK guys... I dislocated my thumb in high school and even though it’s different, I’m guessing the effect is similar since it’s the same area. I didn’t have ligament damage and I remember I was sore AF, but I was still able to tape it up and keep wrestling. 

KAT went back into the game and was questionable the next game. He’s said he was sore but that soreness can go away in 2 weeks, plus they will give him pain killer injections. I think we Gucci. 

This is a good point. The beat writer of the team originally reported him as probable to play that night, and it sounded like he was going to play through it despite the soreness. 

Was watching the timberwolves game against wizards and Kat was on the bench. No wrist brace or anything. Considering he was questionable before he had an mri makes me think he shouldn’t be to far away. 

• Like 5

Would be nice to see him back for the 2 game week next week or the week after........ actually any sort of update would be good. Azz Reid ain't cuttin it

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, crocp said:

Take it with a grain of salt as I have not idea who Jack Borman is....but its not looking good if true.

I mean, are we getting to the point now where we should be open to taking a top 30-35 player for Towns if there's an offer on the table?

Just now, jmoney23 said:

I mean, are we getting to the point now where we should be open to taking a top 30-35 player for Towns if there's an offer on the table?

I'm ****** if the Tweet is even close to being true, I should have taken Wood and Harris for KAT!

Just now, mtx said:

I'm ****** if the Tweet is even close to being true, I should have taken Wood and Harris for KAT!

Tobias or Gary?

If Tobias, I would have taken him + Wood for KAT even with a healthy top 5 KAT LOL

• Like 1

I tried with a package of Bryant and Schroeder for KAT and one of his lesser players in a points league and the owner never responded either way. So I'm not sure what they are thinking. 

Bryant has been playing so well, I pulled the offer.

27 minutes ago, crocp said:

Tobias or Gary?

If Tobias, I would have taken him + Wood for KAT even with a healthy top 5 KAT LOL

I traded KAT,Brandon Clarke, and Wendell Carter, for wood, donavan Mitchell, and Myles Turner In a big money yahoo pro league , while it was being processed during the 2 day waiting time KAT got injured but not still went through even tho some vetoed it lol

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, rabaak said:

I tried with a package of Bryant and Schroeder for KAT and one of his lesser players in a points league and the owner never responded either way. So I'm not sure what they are thinking. 

Bryant has been playing so well, I pulled the offer.

Well that's because you offered fringe top-100 players lol...... I would rather lose then try to win a league with fake Mamba and Schroeder...

4 minutes ago, Brye said:

I traded KAT,Brandon Clarke, and Wendell Carter, for wood, donavan Mitchell, and Myles Turner In a big money yahoo pro league , while it was being processed during the 2 day waiting time KAT got injured but not still went through even tho some vetoed it lol

At least that's a decent payment!