NBC Sports Edge Forums

Elfrid Payton 2020-2021 Outlook

I initially had no interest but for a guy going in round 10 or later I'm very intrigued for essentially the following 2 reasons.

2016/2017 Ricky Rubio

2017/2018 Jeff Teague

I need to look into more but if he starts for Tom Thibodeau the return on investment could be huge and if he doesn't you can move on easily.

• Like 1
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is that more like of a surprise or nah? good thing or a bad thing? lol.    Edit: You guys should have a go at this i found on reddit lol. IM IN FOR THE RIDE!   

Now that you mention it, that does seem realistic if he firmly plants himself as the starting PG for the Knicks and that would be a definite bargain in rounds 10 and onward. He's probably the best pas

Thibs does wonders for his guard, likes his vets, hates rookies, runs his guys into the ground, and the Knicks are winning and beating good teams too.   Payton is not to lose his job any tim

18 hours ago, turner46 said:

I initially had no interest but for a guy going in round 10 or later I'm very intrigued for essentially the following 2 reasons.

2016/2017 Ricky Rubio

2017/2018 Jeff Teague

I need to look into more but if he starts for Tom Thibodeau the return on investment could be huge and if he doesn't you can move on easily.

Now that you mention it, that does seem realistic if he firmly plants himself as the starting PG for the Knicks and that would be a definite bargain in rounds 10 and onward. He's probably the best passer in their PG rotation but I don't know if Frank N or Burks' defense would be enough for Thibs to ride them.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, doomz said:

am i the only one to be superbullish on this guy? probably yes lol

No...i've owned this guy like last 4 of the 5 years lol...i always draft him near the end and never end up dropping him...

Everytime he gives me 2-3 duds in a row, i know i am due for a monster

24 minutes ago, crocp said:

No...i've owned this guy like last 4 of the 5 years lol...i always draft him near the end and never end up dropping him...

I had pretty much the same experience with him a couple years ago. Was just good enough with his assists, rebs, and steals that I was able to ride the roller coaster. If he could ever consistently knock down a three, he would be really valuable. 

Now I'm just worried about his playing time. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2020 at 7:59 AM, crocp said:

Likewise... he sometime disappoints you for a game or two then pulls a monster game with 4 steals... and a near TD ... this dude is actually not bad to have on your bench. He seems to be the primary PG in NY. He's definitely better than DJJ and Frank. 

3 hours ago, Monkeyking69 said:

Likewise... he sometime disappoints you for a game or two then pulls a monster game with 4 steals... and a near TD ... this dude is actually not bad to have on your bench. He seems to be the primary PG in NY. He's definitely better than DJJ and Frank. 

Outside of his statistical holes, his health has been an issue the last 3 seasons.  My concern is mostly just how the team is built and him getting minutes.  No one except Barrett in the starting 5 has a jump shot, so the lane is going to be absolutely stacked.  I don't see Randle, MRob, and Randle playing a lot of minutes together.    

• tonycpsu changed the title to Elfrid Payton 2020-2021 Outlook

He's that guy that gets dropped by impatient owners chasing a hot WW add, then ends up on someone else's team pulling TDs later on in the season... and then he gets hurt and it's a nervous drop because you've seen what he can do when he's rolling. 

Frustrating for owners + a dash of FOMO for everyone else.  What a guy.  

• Like 1
On 12/26/2020 at 9:49 PM, 80version said:

He's that guy that gets dropped by impatient owners chasing a hot WW add, then ends up on someone else's team pulling TDs later on in the season... and then he gets hurt and it's a nervous drop because you've seen what he can do when he's rolling. 

Frustrating for owners + a dash of FOMO for everyone else.  What a guy.  

You spoke it into existence

Who's ready to join me in this rollercoaster? I've owned the Elf in the past 2 years and won my H2H Cat leagues both times with the teams I had him on. The guy will have some stinkers but once he gets in the groove and starts giving you those TDs, you will be the happiest man alive.

And then he will get injured... but the joy...

Edited by ItzJaBoiSam
  • Haha 1