Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Wendell Carter Jr 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

Really high on this kid this season with Donovan in town. Injuries have halted his progress but he almost averaged a double double with 1 steal and 1 block last season on very good FG %. I think he easily beats out his ADP 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

U guys can trust us to play players back into form this season we got u

I usually don’t comment because every team build/structure is diff so each player is different in value for each team, but generally...I think there is a WORLD of difference in overall value between t

8-6-6 with 2 blocks with 4mins in the 3rd? You've obviously exercised patience.

The last coaching staff held him back so much. I’m excited for Donovan and his staff to take over and see what they do with WCJ. Very talented, I could see him at 15/10 or 11 with 1.5 blocks and close to a steal. He has a low-key outside shot too, but no one knows that since the last staff didn’t let him shoot it. Still very young. I’m excited for him even though I own no shares of him this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I think they are trying to address the passing this year. 

Also the main thing that can increase his value are blocks. He had a decent rate in college that flatlined when he got to the NBA. Should normalize.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering him at the end of the 6th. I feel like he could put up Nurkic type numbers of previous years. Definitely feels like a bit of a gamble but if he goes off he could finish top 40. Big IF tho, as mentioned, Lavine and Coby are ball dominant and I reckon they want to get Lauri more touches too this season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing to consider is he hasn't been extended yet by management so he could use that as motivation to play extra hard. Definitely could be a nice bounce back player that I might take in the 7tth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Simsanityy179 said:

We really doing this half way through his first game ? 

 

I'm a bulls fan man.  I've watched him either suck or be hurt and usually both his entire career.  Good luck with this guy owners.  Luckily he's horrible IRL but might be rosterable in fantasy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

 

I'm a bulls fan man.  I've watched him either suck or be hurt and usually both his entire career.  Good luck with this guy owners.  Luckily he's horrible IRL but might be rosterable in fantasy.

The minutes should be there, bulls are weak at centre. Doesn’t seem like lauri is going to get meaningful minutes at centre.

Besides injury risk Wendell will be locked in for 30mpg. Wouldn’t be surprised if his ft% or assists turn up a tick 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta admit it was a rough game for him but it wasn't all on WCJ. The team was down by like 40 at the half or something that felt like it. But there's just nobody in the team that looks like they can challenge him for his C minutes at the meantime. Playing Lauri at the 5 seems like a disaster waiting to happen for defensive purposes.

1 hour ago, Simsanityy179 said:

The minutes should be there, bulls are weak at centre. Doesn’t seem like lauri is going to get meaningful minutes at centre.

Besides injury risk Wendell will be locked in for 30mpg. Wouldn’t be surprised if his ft% or assists turn up a tick 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

😨

Carter said all the right things once again in the postgame press conference. From the day he arrived, he’s spoken like a savvy veteran. But his play up to this point in the season hasn’t matched his words. The disconnect didn’t just grow more apparent Wednesday. It came into clear view Monday, when Donovan lobbed a not-so-thinly-veiled challenge at his third-year center.

“My biggest thing with Wendell — whatever it was in the preseason, 1-for-16 or whatever it was — for him and his development and his career, my question to him was, ‘Are you in the gym?’” Donovan said. “Like, we’re working to build out or allow him to expand his game so to speak, if you want to use that word. What’s the responsibility of getting in the gym and really working and focusing on that?”

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

😨

Carter said all the right things once again in the postgame press conference. From the day he arrived, he’s spoken like a savvy veteran. But his play up to this point in the season hasn’t matched his words. The disconnect didn’t just grow more apparent Wednesday. It came into clear view Monday, when Donovan lobbed a not-so-thinly-veiled challenge at his third-year center.

“My biggest thing with Wendell — whatever it was in the preseason, 1-for-16 or whatever it was — for him and his development and his career, my question to him was, ‘Are you in the gym?’” Donovan said. “Like, we’re working to build out or allow him to expand his game so to speak, if you want to use that word. What’s the responsibility of getting in the gym and really working and focusing on that?”

 

This is scary. I held through all the injuries and duds last season due to his potential upside. I didn't know motivation was an issue. I'll have re-evaluate his worth during this back to back this weekend.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites


I'm just checking out Cam Reddish to see how hes developing... Coby White was assigned to him and did absolutely nothing to help his team here. Look at how many times Wendell is being put in tough positions because of the lack of effort from White. This guy isn't even boxing out Cam after a miss. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, indigorivers said:


I'm just checking out Cam Reddish to see how hes developing... Coby White was assigned to him and did absolutely nothing to help his team here. Look at how many times Wendell is being put in tough positions because of the lack of effort from White. This guy isn't even boxing out Cam after a miss. 

White is garbage and has no business starting. Plays the worst defense I’ve ever seen. Donovan needs to wake the eff up and roll with Sato/LaVine/Williams/OPJ/Markkanen. Bring White and WCJ off the bench 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

White is garbage and has no business starting. Plays the worst defense I’ve ever seen. Donovan needs to wake the eff up and roll with Sato/LaVine/Williams/OPJ/Markkanen. Bring White and WCJ off the bench 

Probably the best solution for offense, but look at Markannen getting cooked too. This team needs to be blown up. Too many negative defenders and soft guys. You can't have Markannen at the 5 and assume to win any games. Wendell's still the best defender. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, indigorivers said:

Probably the best solution for offense, but look at Markannen getting cooked too. This team needs to be blown up. Too many negative defenders and soft guys. You can't have Markannen at the 5 and assume to win any games. Wendell's still the best defender. 

That’s why you need Sato and OPJ in the lineup. LaVine isn’t horrible and I think they’ll get better with Donovan soon 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...