NBC Sports Edge Forums

Wendell Carter Jr 2020-2021 Outlook

WCJ will likely never see a better opportunity than the one he has been given in Chicago. He was gifted the starting role from day 1 and he did nothing to show that he belonged there. Its not like the Bulls did him dirty in any way, he has been given every opportunity to thrive he just frankly hasn't been good.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

U guys can trust us to play players back into form this season we got u

I usually don’t comment because every team build/structure is diff so each player is different in value for each team, but generally...I think there is a WORLD of difference in overall value between t

8-6-6 with 2 blocks with 4mins in the 3rd? You've obviously exercised patience.

7 hours ago, BykeINIT said:

the bright side = bulls been losing and markannen struggling somethin serious since wcj was benched. 

hope they put him back in the lineup asap. 

Either that or he gets moved to a team that needs a big. He desperately needs a change of scenery 

30 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Either that or he gets moved to a team that needs a big. He desperately needs a change of scenery 

He just needs a change of scenery. There is no way he is going back into the starting lineup, they were losing with him there already.

I don't know why his game in college never translated but he is just a bench player in the NBA. Maybe.

17 hours ago, fabrar said:

I don't see how a change of scenery will make him a better player that's up to him. Many players would love to get the opportunity he has been given in Chicago. If he wants more minutes maybe he should earn them. Its not like he is stuck behind an all star level center, its Thaddeus Young in his 14th season.

15 hours ago, BykeINIT said:

he’s only 21 years old .. benching was premature imo 

It's his third season, at some point you have to earn your spot.

5 hours ago, XOB said:

I don't see how a change of scenery will make him a better player that's up to him. Many players would love to get the opportunity he has been given in Chicago. If he wants more minutes maybe he should earn them. Its not like he is stuck behind an all star level center, its Thaddeus Young in his 14th season.

He can only hope that he gets moved to a team with worst centers than him, cause you're right, he hasn't earned more mins.

21 hours ago, BykeINIT said:

he’s only 21 years old .. benching was premature imo 

It's like the guy said above, WCJ has been given enough time to learn the game and show something. It's now his third season playing mins in the mid 20's and it's probably the right decision to change things up. Hopefully it will wake him up.

Early in the season, Coach said that he was always talking about shooting 3's but he's not in the gym working on his game. Just all talk. It might be a work ethic thing.

3 hours ago, rob0403 said:

He can only hope that he gets moved to a team with worst centers than him, cause you're right, he hasn't earned more mins.

It's like the guy said above, WCJ has been given enough time to learn the game and show something. It's now his third season playing mins in the mid 20's and it's probably the right decision to change things up. Hopefully it will wake him up.

Early in the season, Coach said that he was always talking about shooting 3's but he's not in the gym working on his game. Just all talk. It might be a work ethic thing.

but he is shooting 36% from three, so he’s much improved in that area regardless ...

he does look hesitant out there and there’s no denying he needs work on his game.. mostly between the ears.

now, i would understand the benching more if there was a viable option behind him at center, but thaddeus young is not the answer.

if the benching was for motivational purposes, i understand. but now u got your message across, put him back in the starting lineup n see if he got the memo. 

5 minutes ago, BykeINIT said:

but he is shooting 36% from three, so he’s much improved in that area regardless ...

he does look hesitant out there and there’s no denying he needs work on his game.. mostly between the ears.

now, i would understand the benching more if there was a viable option behind him at center, but thaddeus young is not the answer.

if the benching was for motivational purposes, i understand. but now u got your message across, put him back in the starting lineup n see if he got the memo. 

Yeah he had the green light for 3's in the beginning of the season and they had to tell him to not take it after it didn't work. I don't think they like WCJ standing that far away after a long look at him.

Actually, it is playing out that Thad Young is the answer if they want to win to stay in the playoff race. The Bulls are interested in keeping LaVine happy and they won't get that if they tank this year. WCJ (Coby & possibly Lauri) is not a priority for the Bulls, even though these guys are young. 

So they are not benching WCJ for motivation, they just don't want to play him.

5 hours ago, rob0403 said:

Yeah he had the green light for 3's in the beginning of the season and they had to tell him to not take it after it didn't work. I don't think they like WCJ standing that far away after a long look at him.

Actually, it is playing out that Thad Young is the answer if they want to win to stay in the playoff race. The Bulls are interested in keeping LaVine happy and they won't get that if they tank this year. WCJ (Coby & possibly Lauri) is not a priority for the Bulls, even though these guys are young. 

So they are not benching WCJ for motivation, they just don't want to play him.

Actually, basketball is a game where you want to win, not to lose... Otherwise any player that is 25yr+ and not All Star should be benched...

24 minutes ago, sgergole said:

Actually, basketball is a game where you want to win, not to lose... Otherwise any player that is 25yr+ and not All Star should be benched...

Does anyone understand this post?? If basketball is a game where you want to win and not lose, why is the better player at the moment Thad Young not the better option?

Edit: maybe he is agreeing with the post above, but the way he worded it sounds like he is disagreeing.

Edited by XOB
56 minutes ago, XOB said:

Does anyone understand this post?? If basketball is a game where you want to win and not lose, why is the better player at the moment Thad Young not the better option?

Edit: maybe he is agreeing with the post above, but the way he worded it sounds like he is disagreeing.

Yup. I was implying that it is correct to play Thad Young...

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, outherebrother said:

WCJ needs a trade bad!

Won't matter he is soft and trash. Seen so many Bulls games i question how this dude even got into the NBA

• Like 1