Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Wendell Carter Jr 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, maxim730 said:

Yep, worth a pickup. What's the harm? 

He hit my wire one day before the deadline so he’s still on waivers. He’s intriguing but I would have to drop either Moses or Poeltl and I don’t think I can pull the trigger on that. Unless someone can convince me he’ll have more value/upside than those two.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

U guys can trust us to play players back into form this season we got u

I usually don’t comment because every team build/structure is diff so each player is different in value for each team, but generally...I think there is a WORLD of difference in overall value between t

8-6-6 with 2 blocks with 4mins in the 3rd? You've obviously exercised patience.

4 minutes ago, Cozie said:

He hit my wire one day before the deadline so he’s still on waivers. He’s intriguing but I would have to drop either Moses or Poeltl and I don’t think I can pull the trigger on that. Unless someone can convince me he’ll have more value/upside than those two.

FWIW I had this same dilemma with those 2 and Plumlee and didn't pull the trigger.

Think the new change in scenery will help him - but he hasn't shown any flashes of fantasy stud upside.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Newly-acquired Wendell Carter Jr., R.J. Hampton and Otto Porter Jr. are available to play Sunday, according to a team official
 

let’s go!!!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

Destined to be dicked around by every coaching staff he's under, I guess... Even Bamba enters the game ahead of him, smh.

Bulls fan here - Its bc he sucks..nothing to do with coaching..and I've been rooting for him to do well his whole career.

Edited by wallacesnoop
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

Destined to be dicked around by every coaching staff he's under, I guess... Even Bamba enters the game ahead of him, smh.

Personally, I think Bamba has more upside than Carter.  Whether he can put it together just like Carter is the question.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Analyst said:

Personally, I think Bamba has more upside than Carter.  Whether he can put it together just like Carter is the question.

Bamba hasn't been able to stay healthy or play more than 20 min, but the upside has always been there. He has also sneakily added range, but I still think Clifford will give WCJ an opportunity to start. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh, will probably give WCJ a few more games; after all, it's his first game in Orlando and the limited minutes might be due to easing him into the rotation. I think it's possible he takes over Birch in the starting role, though it'll be interesting to see the minutes allotment between those two and Bamba at C.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They're doing the same stupid thing in this game they did in his debut - benched for the entire 1st/3rd quarter then run him the last 10 mins of each half. He was the 6th person off the bench which can't possibly continue. I added him after the trade so can anyone fill me in on whether the drop in playing time this month had more to do with poor play or injury management?

At least he put up a solid half and drained a triple

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mattshhh said:

They're doing the same stupid thing in this game they did in his debut - benched for the entire 1st/3rd quarter then run him the last 10 mins of each half. He was the 6th person off the bench which can't possibly continue. I added him after the trade so can anyone fill me in on whether the drop in playing time this month had more to do with poor play or injury management?

At least he put up a solid half and drained a triple

Clifford is a joke lol not surprised 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

im not sure why everyone thinks hes gonna turn into a beast - he had plenty of starting opportunities at chicago and hes simply just not that good. yes hes young & on a rebuilding average team now and as a magic fan would love him to come good, but they want to evaluate everyone for ROS, i think the only positive is they should phase birch out and ideally move WCJ and bamba into a bit of a timeshare. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2021 at 11:46 AM, ez2do4now said:

I'd say Clifford is trying different rotations to see they the players abilities gel.

I hope you are right.  3 blks in the last few minutes.  I will take that !

I only need WCJ to give me 10ish reb and 1blk 1 stl per game... so far it seems to be trending the right direction

WCJ should also be able to produce 10+ pts at least

Link to post
Share on other sites

So despite only playing in 2 quarters tha Carter closed out and helped mount a big comeback for a great line. Feeling better about his opportunity moving forward.. this should help expedite the process

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...