NBC Sports Edge Forums

Wendell Carter Jr 2020-2021 Outlook

I think Coby is safe for now cause it is going to take a lot to back track from starting him and go back to Satoransky. There's no plan B other than Sato on this team.

For Wendell though... I think he is straddling the line where I can't figure out if it's the coaching/team play or his own talent that's a mess. I see that Cam Reddish video above and I don't know how he can play better.

Edited by rob0403
  • Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

U guys can trust us to play players back into form this season we got u

I usually don’t comment because every team build/structure is diff so each player is different in value for each team, but generally...I think there is a WORLD of difference in overall value between t

8-6-6 with 2 blocks with 4mins in the 3rd? You've obviously exercised patience.

On 12/25/2020 at 6:13 AM, laurilegend said:

😨

Carter said all the right things once again in the postgame press conference. From the day he arrived, he’s spoken like a savvy veteran. But his play up to this point in the season hasn’t matched his words. The disconnect didn’t just grow more apparent Wednesday. It came into clear view Monday, when Donovan lobbed a not-so-thinly-veiled challenge at his third-year center.

“My biggest thing with Wendell — whatever it was in the preseason, 1-for-16 or whatever it was — for him and his development and his career, my question to him was, ‘Are you in the gym?’” Donovan said. “Like, we’re working to build out or allow him to expand his game so to speak, if you want to use that word. What’s the responsibility of getting in the gym and really working and focusing on that?”

Could you show us the link/article where Donovan rips him? I'm curious about that and didn't see that from the other reports.

Someone dropped him after 1 bad game. Tempted to drop Norman for him. I have no one else to drop, but Wendell is worth the roster spot since it's hard to find bigs on the wire. Crazy how people give up after one game.

5 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

FG % isnt the issue. as long as he's involved in the offense and getting minutes he'll produce. just a rough stretch

Watching the game it appears to be almost all mental. He's really struggling right now and you can tell in his body language. No way that'll last a full season. Otherwise he has all the tools. It'll take some patience as the Bulls figure things out. Luckily for me I have three of them 😬😬😬

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, CFN said:

Watching the game it appears to be almost all mental. He's really struggling right now and you can tell in his body language. No way that'll last a full season. Otherwise he has all the tools. It'll take some patience as the Bulls figure things out. Luckily for me I have three of them 😬😬😬

yeah thats exactly what it is, you can tell. once he has a few good quarters he'll be okay.

I’m kinda bummed. From having high hopes of a breakout this yr to now suspecting he’s heading towards the trajectory of a bust...I owned him his rookie season and may be too biased and hopeful...but yeah this is ain’t looking gd.

15 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

I’m kinda bummed. From having high hopes of a breakout this yr to now suspecting he’s heading towards the trajectory of a bust...I owned him his rookie season and may be too biased and hopeful...but yeah this is ain’t looking gd.

I am on the same boat. Just praying he gets some good games together so I can salvage him for something.

Ugh its been hair pulling to stop myself from dropping, but I keep coming back to the fact that his stat profile of a double double big who could be a 1 steal 1 block guy with good percentages is not easy to find on the WW.

Like others said, it’s mental. If his three ball starts going in a little, the rest of his game will fall into place. I think not making them, since he is encouraged to shoot them and has been really working on it, is bothering him and affecting the rest of his game. 

And I know man, once I drop, someone will use their waiver to get him immediately.

• Like 1

It's rough for everyone on the Bulls, They got blown out 2 games in a row and it's not something you can centrally pin on WCJ but his numbers do make him look like he's part of the problem. I would honestly like for him to just go back to his fundamentals that made him a double double machine in his rookie year and worry about the shooting later.