Wendell Carter Jr 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

U guys can trust us to play players back into form this season we got u

I usually don’t comment because every team build/structure is diff so each player is different in value for each team, but generally...I think there is a WORLD of difference in overall value between t

8-6-6 with 2 blocks with 4mins in the 3rd? You've obviously exercised patience.

3 hours ago, ROTY said:

^^And so are these

It's lame post inception 

im not the one complaining about posts being useless tho.. it’s a message board ffs.. not every post needs to be filled with data. 

5 hours ago, chickennuggets said:

Question: is he even worth it? His upside, over two seasons, seems to be points and boards. I noticed a 5 steal game recently but was that an outlier or can we reasonably expect at least a block and a steal going forward?

Five stls game was an outlier. Decent boards for a big man and solid fg% though. I dropped him for noel, but hoping to get him back.

11 hours ago, BykeINIT said:

im not the one complaining about posts being useless tho.. it’s a message board ffs.. not every post needs to be filled with data. 

Never said it was, but keep crying. 

15 hours ago, chickennuggets said:

Question: is he even worth it? His upside, over two seasons, seems to be points and boards. I noticed a 5 steal game recently but was that an outlier or can we reasonably expect at least a block and a steal going forward?

Worth picking up if he’s on you wire..might not provide top 100 value, but probably better than most peoples worst guy in a 12+ league 

• Like 1

Basically a low end double double in 21  minutes with a steal is probably the best we could hope for in game 1 and is what Im hoping we at least get going forward. The 4 turnovers are the only stain on his line. 

• Like 2

Eh, grabbed him after he was dropped.

I'm okay with a 9-9-1 line, but the TOs sorta kill it.  Yeah, I'd say a Celts-era Kanter is a good comparison, where you can expect a low-end 12-8 line with good FG%, but not much else. I think he's held back by low blocks for a big and his inability to stay on the court.  Also doesn't help that the Bulls seem not to mind using Lauri at C and Thad has played well while both were injured.  He'll have his mini-explosions, but also balanced with some mediocre games, especially since I don't think he's capable of playing 30 mpg constantly or consistently, at least not for a while.

WCJ's probably your 3rd-4th C in a standard league and I'd hardly be scared to see him on my opponent's roster. 

• Like 1

As long as you temper your expectations he will continue to be the glue guy most teams need without hurting your FG%, Top 90-100 isn't out of the questions for him. Bulls do not have a true PG other than Satoranksy so yea the turnovers are bound to happen when he hits the post. 

• Like 3

18pts on 7/9 shooting with a 1 stl and 2 blocks? Even with the low rebounds today I’ll take those numbers. I’d say he’s rewarding those who held on and those who scooped him up in time. 

• Like 3

Hopefully the rebounds pick back up, but the efficient offense is very much welcome. It seems he finally figured out where he fits within the offense. 

Edited by B.A.G.
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, chickennuggets said:

Got absolutely obliterated by Embiid tonight. Had a nice block on him though that hasn't been registered...

You saw that block too, right?  I think they gave it to Temple when it was obvious as heck that that was WCJ (like, he was literally the only guy who even touched that volleyball spike of a swat).  Definitely hope they give it back to WCJ, as I need blocks badly.

But yeah, Embiid completely manhandled him tonight.  It's tough though - there were times when WCJ just looked scared, and yet other times, WCJ played some pretty good defense but Embiid made a tough shot or gathered a lucky offensive rebound on a weird bounce.  And of course, Embiid destroys most Cs anyway.

It's just nice to see WCJ on the court and playing well.  I'll be honest, THIS was the sort of night I expect from WCJ moving forward.  But I was also expecting minutes in the teens or much fewer than 20.  The fact that he's getting about 25-27 in his last two games is a good sign.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, MWon said:

You saw that block too, right?  I think they gave it to Temple when it was obvious as heck that that was WCJ (like, he was literally the only guy who even touched that volleyball spike of a swat).  Definitely hope they give it back to WCJ, as I need blocks badly.

yes I need that block too. Hope they change it.