Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

OG Anunoby 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If he hit 1 3pt and still had 0 pts , I'd drop him too. 

I want to inform too 😀 ADP  means "average draft position", do not confuse that with rankings. Last year, OG ADP in Yahoo 9-cat leagues (you can use BBM to see the data) was 138 (finished 70

Immediate update -- saw Capela was IR eligible. Slid him over to IR, scooped Boucher. OG survives

Posted Images

He should be gone by 60th overall pick at the latest.

Starting SF for Raptors with no competition for minutes, can play SF/PF/ small ball C with fantasy friendly game.

 Ranked  65 in standard H2H 9-cat for the season ( 24th last 20 games).

Top-50 flor imo. As Raptor's fan I am hoping for a Siakam 2.0   breakout season

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I think he is going to get a bit more involved on offense, which is all he needs.

Lowry carried us in the playoffs but we need to take pressure off him. Centers are gone. A great opportunity for OG to be 4th option.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Struggling to pick between him or Mikal Bridges around that range.

OG usually goes off the board first but around the 6th-7th round but would it be more wise to wait for a similar player in Mikal Bridges in the 8th-9th rounds this year?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

Struggling to pick between him or Mikal Bridges around that range.

OG usually goes off the board first but around the 6th-7th round but would it be more wise to wait for a similar player in Mikal Bridges in the 8th-9th rounds this year?

OG the much better pick. Less competition and better opportunities. I expect the rebounding to go up alone with the scoring 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hornrimmed_rambis said:

How is OG's situation much different than last year? His stats were all over the place, and he was dropppable mid-season. He was a headache to roster, and I rostered him.

I think he earned a greater role with his playoff run and Nick finally unleashing small ball with him at the 5. He will get more responsibility on the offensive side of the ball with the increased trust of his team and coaches, meanwhile playing C will boost his defensive stats (look at what John Collins did moving from pf to C last year). Not expecting that kind of jump but playing C can increase your value significantly 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, justaguy said:

I think he earned a greater role with his playoff run and Nick finally unleashing small ball with him at the 5. He will get more responsibility on the offensive side of the ball with the increased trust of his team and coaches, meanwhile playing C will boost his defensive stats (look at what John Collins did moving from pf to C last year). Not expecting that kind of jump but playing C can increase your value significantly 

 

Interesting idea. Maybe there is something there. But the data is VERY limited. Here's his playoff line:

10.5 pts, 6.9 rebs, 1.5 3pm, 1 stl, 1.2 blks

Those stocks look sexy, but if you plug this line into a ranking, it comes to about 90th. As for the C role, he played about 10% of playoff minutes at C, with either Ibaka or Gasol in the lineup for the other 90%. In the lineups where the traditional Cs were not in, he did excel, but that is a very limited sample of 36 MINUTES over 11 games.

So if the logic is that he will play more minutes at C, I mean maybe, but it sounds super speculative. Yes, Gasol and Ibaka are gone, but Boucher and Baynes exist. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

 

Interesting idea. Maybe there is something there. But the data is VERY limited. Here's his playoff line:

10.5 pts, 6.9 rebs, 1.5 3pm, 1 stl, 1.2 blks

Those stocks look sexy, but if you plug this line into a ranking, it comes to about 90th. As for the C role, he played about 10% of playoff minutes at C, with either Ibaka or Gasol in the lineup for the other 90%. In the lineups where the traditional Cs were not in, he did excel, but that is a very limited sample of 36 MINUTES over 11 games.

So if the logic is that he will play more minutes at C, I mean maybe, but it sounds super speculative. Yes, Gasol and Ibaka are gone, but Boucher and Baynes exist. 

 

 

I think they really unearthed the small lineup when they played against Boston in the playoffs. It actually worked and was really effective. Switches became much less of problem for them and everybody in the lineup was able to quickly recover on their man. We will most likely see more of these small ball lineups by default with Baynes being very brittle and Boucher still a bit raw - I still think Nurse doesn't trust Boucher and he'll be in a timeshare with Len/Siakam/OG with Baynes getting bulk of the minutes at C.

With all that being said, I'm expecting a pretty big year from OG with him flirting in the top 50.. producing a Covington type line.

Edited by sharkpotato
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The stocks are really nice. I think we expected a breakout last year but we drafted him a year too early. I’m in on him again this year and I could definitely see a big jump for him. Just nabbed him in a startup dynasty league and am very happy. I think he will be very good or maybe even (hopefully) great for a long time. Like Gile said above, Siakam, FVV and OG are the future for Toronto. They’re gonna get minutes. Nurse is a good coach and Toronto knows how to develop players. I’m in for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

OG the much better pick. Less competition and better opportunities. I expect the rebounding to go up alone with the scoring 

 

I dont know man. Mikal's in a great spot too. No Oubre this season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

TOP50 is way too optimistic. His usage in attack is very low, Raptors has many good shooters. I remember he decided one game against Celtics, but still I am doubtful can he finish in TOP75 as he did in last season? I looked what players I have in my prerank 7th round and they all look better than OG. Like topic starter said: could be decent at the right price, but what is his price?

Edited by apatas
Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to understand how the Raptors situation plays to OG and Boucher.

We lost Kawhi and now in this Bubble we see the East get much better. Miami, Bos, Mil have higher ceilings than we do. Now we lost Ibaka and Gasol, defensive mainstays.

We are going to need to maximize our talent pool to stay relevant this year. Our best player is well into his 30's. Nurse is one to try new things and he is forced to see what he can get out of OG and Boucher. Or our chances are slim.

Defensively OG works well already. Offensively, I won't be surprised to see him get more touches.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno, I kinda like his situation better than someone who plays a similar spot like Mikal Bridges (though I'm also high on Mikal) just coz the team is running out of options on offense and he's starting to come along nicely just like how Pascal came along. He's been going in the 7th round & that seems fine for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

The end-of-season rank — whatever it was, top 90, top 70, idk — looks good on paper. But, boy, with a 14% USG it sure is a painful ride.

 

OG is the kind of player that doesn't need a whole lot of USG to produce good fantasy numbers. If he can get to 15-19% like Covy he should be great.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Think about it this way: for a season with usage rate of 14.3% he was 70th in 9 cat H2H leagues. For comparison Ibaka was 97th with 24% usage. 

And from Feb 1 until the end of season OG was ranked 24th with the usage rate of .....   wait for it.....  12.7%.

He does not need usage to have value. His minutes are guaranteed and with Ibaka and Gasol gone his usage can only go up

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm punting points and considered this guy a must have. I dont care if he never scores a point this season, that's not where his value is for me.

Of course, I can see why that would be a concern if you're not punting points, but as others have mentioned itll be almost impossible for his usage to not go up considering the roster moves Toronto has made.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to OG Anunoby 2020-2021 Outlook

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...