NBC Sports Edge Forums

OG Anunoby 2020-2021 Outlook

19 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

He should be gone by 60th overall pick at the latest.

Starting SF for Raptors with no competition for minutes, can play SF/PF/ small ball C with fantasy friendly game.

Ranked  65 in standard H2H 9-cat for the season ( 24th last 20 games).

Top-50 flor imo. As Raptor's fan I am hoping for a Siakam 2.0   breakout season

His offensive floor is significantly lower than you indicate. The low TO and stocks will always help his overall rank floor, but I'm not comfortable spending a 5th rounder on him yet. 

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If he hit 1 3pt and still had 0 pts , I'd drop him too. 

I want to inform too 😀 ADP  means "average draft position", do not confuse that with rankings. Last year, OG ADP in Yahoo 9-cat leagues (you can use BBM to see the data) was 138 (finished 70

In my opinion yes, as long as you don't expect 20ppg on the nightly basis.  There will be  nights when he scores 3pts, so adjust your expectations. His numbers this year, except fg%  and TOs, are

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

His offensive floor is significantly lower than you indicate. The low TO and stocks will always help his overall rank floor, but I'm not comfortable spending a 5th rounder on him yet. 

Raptors roster moves  help his offensive floor significantly.  His usage rate can only go up with   Ibaka and Gasol  gone.    Not to mention small ball lineup  that worked really well against Boston.

He already returned 6th round value last year (70th overall) for entire season with 10.6 ppg. 

In a competitive league it will cost you top 60 pick to get him.  It is up to you if you are willing to do it or not.   I  will draft OG in 50-60 range without hesitation

50 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

In a competitive league it will cost you top 60 pick to get him.

I am sorry. I don't get OG if this is true. Then four Raptors inside TOP60. Is it possible?

Edited by apatas
36 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

So we have:

Lowry

Van Vleet

Siakam 

and

OG anouby?

Going Top 60? I doubt that. But okay!

Also add in Norman Powell who people expect to somehow put in top 100 value, or some even say top 60 value while off the bench, getting starting minutes, while those others mentioned still get their fill.   

There's a good chance one or two of those isn't going to put up their draft value, and as much as I love him, OG seems like that guy.   

Edited by Crazycanto
53 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

So we have:

Lowry

Van Vleet

Siakam 

and

OG anouby?

Going Top 60? I doubt that. But okay!

They all finished top 70 (including Norm who finished 65) on BBM last year so it's not crazy to believe they can all finish top 60. Norm would be the obvious candidate to fall out of that range (but has potential to match his output from last year) but I expect improvements from OG and Siakam; FVV will be steady and some regression from Lowry (but still be in top 50). 

• Thanks 1

Watching the game tonight this guy looks like a different animal out there. I take back what I said about Mikal being similar. Quicker handles, better offensive repertoire. Raptors fans are saying he has a shot at MIP.

Targeting aggressively 6/7th round.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Espoiral said:

Watching the game tonight this guy looks like a different animal out there. I take back what I said about Mikal being similar. Quicker handles, better offensive repertoire. Raptors fans are saying he has a shot at MIP.

Targeting aggressively 6/7th round.

Agreed, he looked great out there tonight! He's always been a defensive stud but he was really hunting for his own shot tonight and some of his ball handling when he was driving was nothing like what we had seen during the regular season last year. 10 shot attempts in 18 minutes! I think it's probably early to say whether or not he's taken the kind of offensive leap that would get him into the conversation for MIP, but his improved offense in the bubble looks like it wasn't just a fluke.

• Like 1

He looked much bigger than last season, physically. I got him at #82 overall, and very pleased.

I expect more of rebounds, with continued stocks. He played PF with Siakam for some portions. They sat the starters in the 2nd half. OG is now strong enough to play a bit of C for sure.

1 hour ago, kane said:

behind the back and dunk:o

Said to myself damn I'm glad I drafted him when I saw that live.  Looked really good tonight.  He wasn't super involved in the offensive sets, but when he did get the ball he looked in complete command.  Can't wait to see how he does this year!

4 hours ago, Stefan said:

Sooo whats up with OG ?

First game was great... And then just stopped

I think he will be great this year. When winning matters i think Nurse will play him a lot and more shots will come his way. I think he is a better C than Boucher so he will probably cover that role too eventually.

2 hours ago, perkinsfor3 said:

He still plays well when he doesnt produce for fantasy. It might just be that he's a great hooper whoms value doesnt translate to fantasy.

Won't be a big points league guy, but in category leagues I expect him to translate well for fantasy.  Rebs, stocks, 3pm, good %s, low turnovers.  Won't put up big points or assists but a net positive in the other 7 categories.

Edited by El_Chingon
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

Won't be a big points league guy, but in category leagues I expect him to translate well for fantasy.  Rebs, stocks, 3pm, good %s, low turnovers.  Won't put up big points or assists but a net positive in the other 7 categories.

Hopefully this is right, because while it's only preseason he doesn't seem to be involved much on offense.  From the glimpses I've gotten watching the games it's a lot of standing around in the far corner watching the ball move around without expectation of getting it.  Just a passive mindset offensively like he isn't expecting to be involved.  Hopefully I'm wrong/this changes, and I didn't watch enough Raps last year to know if this is a continuation of that.

In any case if he contributes in the other cats and hits the open threes then I can live with it.

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Hopefully this is right, because while it's only preseason he doesn't seem to be involved much on offense.  From the glimpses I've gotten watching the games it's a lot of standing around in the far corner watching the ball move around without expectation of getting it.  Just a passive mindset offensively like he isn't expecting to be involved.  Hopefully I'm wrong/this changes, and I didn't watch enough Raps last year to know if this is a continuation of that.

In any case if he contributes in the other cats and hits the open threes then I can live with it.

He will be fine.  No need to  get worried about OG's performance in a preseason game  where someone named  Watanabe sees the floor.   His offense is pretty much the same as last year. Against good transitional defense he might seem a bit passive.  If the fast break or early attack is stopped you will see a lot of OG standing in the corner. It's just the way Raptors play and the way to open the middle for FVV/Lowry/Siakam. 

Key thing to remember is that OG does not need lots of usage to provide value.  Last year he was ranked 70th on 14.3% usage (for reference Jaylen Brown was 69th with ~ 25% uasage).

Most valuable  asset in fantasy that does not count in any scoring system is playing time. OG will get his ~30 minutes, his usage will  go up and at the end of the season he will be top-60 player.

Btw, if you are expecting 15+ pts this season, it will not happen.  More likely we are looking at  10-15 pts range with usual.   Games with 10pts or less are to be expected, if you are looking for points OG is not your guy

• Like 1

Problem with him is not his average stats but plenty of so-called "empty games". Last season he had approximately 20 empty games (here one example: 3pts, 2reb, 1ast, 1stl 1three) and this cause some headache. I usually don't draft this kind of players or if to be true I just rank them lower. Trevor Ariza was other example many seasons when he actually finished near TOP50, but I didn't like his stats.

5 minutes ago, apatas said:

Problem with him is not his average stats but plenty of so-called "empty games". Last season he had approximately 20 empty games (here one example: 3pts, 2reb, 1ast, 1stl 1three) and this cause some headache. I usually don't draft this kind of players or if to be true I just rank them lower. Trevor Ariza was other example many seasons when he actually finished near TOP50, but I didn't like his stats.

Every player that wasn't drafted in top-30 has "empty" games.  Which is to be expected. 

You are referring to the bubble game against Boston, when entire Raptors team played like S*** (with capital S).  But if you look at the average for 3 - 4  games span  you get different picture:

Again, points will not be high but every other category will  be solid. 

• Like 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to OG Anunoby 2020-2021 Outlook