NBC Sports Edge Forums

OG Anunoby 2020-2021 Outlook

9 hours ago, brosephd said:

does he make a leap into early round territory? lowry another year older, no ibaka or gasol. think it's all there for him to make that pascal leap. 

The Pascal thing worries me, actually. Pascal made the leap in the void left by Kawhi. Whose void is OG filling? Pascal is still there, taking up the slasher role as the primary option. So I’m left wondering if OG fades. He faded last year. 

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If he hit 1 3pt and still had 0 pts , I'd drop him too. 

I want to inform too 😀 ADP  means "average draft position", do not confuse that with rankings. Last year, OG ADP in Yahoo 9-cat leagues (you can use BBM to see the data) was 138 (finished 70

In my opinion yes, as long as you don't expect 20ppg on the nightly basis.  There will be  nights when he scores 3pts, so adjust your expectations. His numbers this year, except fg%  and TOs, are

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

The Pascal thing worries me, actually. Pascal made the leap in the void left by Kawhi. Whose void is OG filling?

Not the exact same player type, but Gasol/Ibaka is the void. Unless Powell and Boucher make huge leaps I think it's reasonable to assume OG will benefit from their departure more than anyone else. Baynes will obviously fill the starter gap but he's 34. Here's hoping they focus on getting OG more involved.

Edited by kball09
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

I'm not complaining. 8/8/2 with 3 steals and 2 blocks?

You're not drafting him for points production, and this is with his 3 point shot off today.

Lovely stuff.

Yup on an off night, still came through for the money stocks. 

28 minutes ago, brosephd said:

who will end higher, OG or mikal bridges?

OG for sure. No competition for minutes, position versatility, the raptor's main defense guy, and they are starting to utilize and trust OG more on offense outside of the catch and shoot 3. 

Edited by BallAnd1
8 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Super productive game in the end

Relax and trust him and the Raptors system

2 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I guess not.

Oh well. Time to move on I guess.

giphy.gif

I guess y'all missed my other comment. 

2 hours ago, dino10kk said:

Anunoby is Ben Wallace with a 3 point shot. He will be Top 20 by end of season.............Another Championship for Toronto.

top 20 will be tough, but top 30 is possible.  Just a reminder that he started last season  very strong.  In the first 9 games, before Kawhi accidentally injured his eye his eye, he was ranked 20th in 9-cat H2H.

Numbers over that period: 13 pts, 2.1 3PT, 6.2 Reb, 1.9 ast, 1.3 st, 1.4 blk, .554 fg% , .6 ft% (low 1.1 attempts)

Nothing indicates that OG will not be able to produce similar numbers over an entire season with increased role on different Raptors roster.

I said earlier that top-50 is his floor (assuming health),  now I will say that OG's ceiling is top-20.

Before you start with funny  memes at my expense, please watch at least one Raptors game.

Happy Holidays to you all!

22 hours ago, BallAnd1 said:

OG for sure. No competition for minutes, position versatility, the raptor's main defense guy, and they are starting to utilize and trust OG more on offense outside of the catch and shoot 3. 

I wouldn't say OG for sure, Mikal finished last season top 40 with 30+ min. OG and Mikal both finished top 70s on average 9 cat for the season with Mikal being a Christmas tree in the corner half the time.

• Like 1

I know it is only one game. But from a points league perspective, it is hard to be more inefficient with 36 min that what OG did in his first game.

Player

Team

PS

GP

Min

FGM

FGA

3M

3A

FTM

FTA

TR

AS

ST

TO

BK

PTS

Fpts

PtsMn

PtsGm

anunoby,og

tor

SF

Playing categories is really a different game in Fantasy Basketball. After seeing all the hype here, I thought I would look at him from a points league perspective.

It is going to take a quantum leap from his lasts years stats to make him fantasy relevant in a points league.

image.thumb.png.183a17305111c8710462e2a5e0152895.png

8 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

I wouldn't say OG for sure, Mikal finished last season top 40 with 30+ min. OG and Mikal both finished top 70s on average 9 cat for the season with Mikal being a Christmas tree in the corner half the time.

True, but low usage, high efficiency, and low turnover guys get ranked higher but the volume of production won’t be as high but he won’t really hurt you. Similar to what Otto porter was when he was on the wizards and consistently a top player.

bridges stats last season as a top player was 

9/4/2 with 1 3pt and 1.5 steals 

If he can maintain his high efficiency and low turnovers while upping his usage he can be really good but otherwise I like OG more in certain team set ups and in points leagues. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to OG Anunoby 2020-2021 Outlook