NBC Sports Edge Forums

Andrew Wiggins 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly hope this is the year. Praying hard he will post that top 60... Fool me once shame on you  Fool me twice shame on me  Fool me 3 or 4 times... Come on please reward me for my

There's that Wiggins we all know

Depends on the type of league. H2H 9 Cat= Walk the other direction Roto= Briskly walk the other direction Points = Maybe look back while walking the other direction   He is a

Posted Images

2 hours ago, CORTEz said:

First game, without Draymond, with Wiseman and Oubre who they've never played with.

I wouldn't overreact. 

But this is fantasy land! Where our more deep-seated insecurities and regrets and lack of patience are projected onto the players we draft after a single bad game!  All Wiggins owners are doomed I tell ya! Doomed forever! 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, c_dog said:

Love the knee jerk reactions.  Those who missed out on Wiggins here’s your chance to buy low from panicking owners.  Run don’t walk.

Points leagues maybe?  In category leagues, he will never be a run don't walk guy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well the silver lining is that Oubre didn't play well too. The wing positions really sucked so can only get better from here. This is a really new team also without distributor Draymond out there.

Risky buy low here but won't be the worst move.

6 hours ago, c_dog said:

Love the knee jerk reactions.  Those who missed out on Wiggins here’s your chance to buy low from panicking owners.  Run don’t walk.

Depends on the type of league.

H2H 9 Cat= Walk the other direction

Roto= Briskly walk the other direction

Points = Maybe look back while walking the other direction

He is a bad NBA player.. low FG, low FT, low rebounds, low assists, and can't shoot 3s. These aren't knee jerk reactions, this is this dudes 7th season in the NBA and the highest he's ever finished is 92nd in fantasy ranking. Even if you're right the chances he finishes in the top 60 are low.

Edited by greatestmetfan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
13 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

He is a bad NBA player.. low FG, low FT, low rebounds, low assists, and can't shoot 3s. These aren't knee jerk reactions, this is this dudes 7th season in the NBA and the highest he's ever finished is 92nd in fantasy ranking. Even if you're right the chances he finishes in the top 60 are low.

Yup, he is extremely passive by nature and that's just how he's wired. I thought he was turning the corner at the beginning of last year but nope, the same ole Wiggins came back.

2 hours ago, greatestmetfan said:

You need to look at his stats rather than talk out of rear end.  This kind of thinking is why Wiggins can usually be drafted in the 90s range.  The only valid argument is his ft% in recent years but for his career it’s actually decent.  His fg% is fine.  His 4-5reb and 3ast is fine.  His shoots 2 threes per game.  His ppg average is elite for someone you can draft that late.  That’s a nice player to pick up late in drafts esp h2h.  I guess some people don’t like stats.

• Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

I love that everyone is freaking out after 1 game. Literally...1 game.

Not one game. How high has his ceiling been since he has been in the NBA? This is the most opportunity he is ever going to get. You hold for maybe 3 more games, but he doesnt have any positive stats with the opportunity for your team.

1 hour ago, CORTEz said:

Keep in mind too....

Curry: 7-for-21 shooting

Oubre: 3-of-14 shooting

the whole team shot horribly. Not just wiggins

Curry also had 2 assist and shot 100% from the line with 2 steals. Oubre also defensively was there... wiggins isnt doing that on a bad night, so you need the good %s to even consider holding. 

At some point a season or two ago I read that while averaging around 20 points Wiggins was barely top 150 or something absurd like that. He's got the opposite of a fantasy friendly game and Minnesota gave him every opportunity to shine so it's hard to imagine a better turnout in gsw where the fit feels awk. If he's available late there's hope but people usually reach cuz he's a former #1 pick who takes lots of shots

2 hours ago, c_dog said:

You need to look at his stats rather than talk out of rear end.  This kind of thinking is why Wiggins can usually be drafted in the 90s range.  The only valid argument is his ft% in recent years but for his career it’s actually decent.  His fg% is fine.  His 4-5reb and 3ast is fine.  His shoots 2 threes per game.  His ppg average is elite for someone you can draft that late.  That’s a nice player to pick up late in drafts esp h2h.  I guess some people don’t like stats.

exactly 

wiggins gets a bad wrap and it’s mostly unfair 

1 hour ago, mattshhh said:

At some point a season or two ago I read that while averaging around 20 points Wiggins was barely top 150 or something absurd like that. He's got the opposite of a fantasy friendly game and Minnesota gave him every opportunity to shine so it's hard to imagine a better turnout in gsw where the fit feels awk. If he's available late there's hope but people usually reach cuz he's a former #1 pick who takes lots of shots

Well didn’t someone mention his 12 game sample with the Warriors last season where he was averaging 1.7 steals and 1.4 blocks per game?

oh and the added 5 attempts from 3 where he was making 1.7, which usually he is at 2.2 makes per game. 

5 minutes ago, BykeINIT said:

exactly 

wiggins gets a bad wrap and it’s mostly unfair 

Wiggins get a bad rap because he has all the skills in the world to be a star and isn't close to one at present. It is a waste of talent.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Andrew Wiggins 2020-2021 Outlook